• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Wings and Coyotes talking trade?

Rate this topic

I disagree with you on Lapointe-- we can find a fighter for FAR cheaper than the $2.5m per year Lapointe commands. Also, I don't feel he's any longer a power forward; he doesn't really score much anymore.

Right. I meant LaPointe would be the fighter to go with the power forward type player like Forsturd or Bert. If he chips in a goal here and there, all the better. LaPointe's "job" though would be to take care of anyone running goaltenders or star forwards, and also regulate some of the cheap s*** after the whistle. He's familiar with that role in Detroit...

BTW, totally agree on the price issue, I just like LaPointe!

peace,

esteef

Edited by esteef

I dont think there's too many guys in the NHL that are afraid of LaPointe

Good, because I don't want him to scare people, I want him to knock the s*** out of them. A few scraps and they'll start getting the message. He could definitely beat the s*** out of Conroy or that other turd that hit Zetts.

peace,

esteef

Guest Crymson

thats still 4 more than anyone else on this team

And that means we should pick him up? Perhaps then, by your rationale, we should simply pick up Ray Emery! After all, the guy is willing to take a stick to someone's face in defense of his virtue...

if we're gonna have someone just to fight, might as well let Norton resume his 2-3 min ice time, commit 3-4 penalties, and get his ass beat.

tough guys who can't put up any points are most often a liability, with how calls are in this new NHL

3) If you didn't know, Doan's assist man, Nagy, is off to Dallas. You better believe he wants out as his career will really suffer otherwise.

Absolutely & positively an incorrect statement there. Nagy was a lazy bum who is too easily knocked off the puck. He's not a leader on or off the ice, and that didn't sit well with Doan. I'm sure Doan is much happier with the prospect of playing without Nagy than with him.

The Coyotes have great young talent that could get this franchise back to respectability in the next few years. Guys like Martin Hanzal, Peter Mueller, Kevin Porter, and Blake Wheeler should definitely have a positive impact on this club. Throw in a couple first round picks in this year's draft, and the Coyotes could put together a good young team.

if we're gonna have someone just to fight, might as well let Norton resume his 2-3 min ice time, commit 3-4 penalties, and get his ass beat.

tough guys who can't put up any points are most often a liability, with how calls are in this new NHL

11 goals and 5 assists ain't too shabby for a guy who will play on the third or fourth line AND fight pretty much anyone. Plus Marty's a veteran player and has playoff experience.

I'd do it.

esteef

Guest Crymson

11 goals and 5 assists ain't too shabby for a guy who will play on the third or fourth line AND fight pretty much anyone. Plus Marty's a veteran player and has playoff experience.

I'd do it.

esteef

16 points for $2.5m is hideous, and Marty is only ill-tempered, not a good fighter.

Playoff experience? How much good did the obscene advantage we had in playoff experience do us against Edmonton last year? Do you remember those statistics?

I mean, if Marty were the LAST resort, then of course it'd be a great idea to get him.

EDIT: FYI: Marty is, these days, one of the worst defensive forwards in the league. He leads the Blackhawks in plus-minus... from the minus end. He's -15 on a team that is at present a total -27. Not a good sign.

Edited by Crymson

16 points for $2.5m is hideous, and Marty is only ill-tempered, not a good fighter.

I think we're all in agreement that Marty is currently paid too much, but it's not like we'd only need him for this playoff run. Ill-tempered, good fighter, call him whatever you want, but he will stick up for his teammates. If there are better guys out there that are cheaper, like Fedoruk or somebody, I'm all for it. Just need a player of that ilk is all I'm saying.

Playoff experience? How much good did the obscene advantage we had in playoff experience do us against Edmonton last year? Do you remember those statistics?

Are you saying playoff experience isn't important just because it didn't pan out for us last year? If so, I disagree.

esteef

That's to bad. Bootland could have been a crowd favorite in Hockeytown.

Booter had a rough start to the season point wise but he has been nothing less than solid the last 20 games. He has 7 points in the last 4 games (4 goals 3 assists) and the coach has even came out and said that he is by far the Griffins best player at the moment. He is hitting, fighting, killing penalties and scoring. Get Langfeld off the roster and see what Booter can do before we give picks/prospects away for someone with a similar style to Bootlands.

Edited by Hatcher#2

Guest Crymson

You totally missed my point on that last comment.I was saying by bringing a guy like Cujo in here,it would make Dom play better,as not to lose his job as the number 1 goalie,because he'd know Cujo would be right there to take it if he faltered.Osgood is'nt exactly breathing down his neck for the starting job right now,so he may not play as hard as he really can.Just kinda nonchalant,ya know?

By that rationale, EVERY goaltender should have another one breathing down his neck, eh? Have you considered that goaltenders--and sportsmen in general--WANT to win? Hasek is one of THE MOST COMPETITIVE players in the NHL.