NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Matt @ February 14, 2007 - 02:22PM) View Post

Like Cory Cross? laugh.gif wink.gif

I didn't want to be the one to bring up the name. laugh.gif

However, Cross brought nothing but a depth 7th d-man to the lineup, where as Laraque would atleast force players to think twice about running our skill guys.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#22 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

Good for the Yotes. I really didn't see the Wings signing him anyway.

Eh I'm not a fan of Laraque.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#23 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ February 14, 2007 - 02:54PM) View Post

Good for the Yotes. I really didn't see the Wings signing him anyway.

Eh I'm not a fan of Laraque.

I'm not much of a fan of his either, but if he gives Dats and Z some room to work in the playoffs, and it costs us next to nothing, its not the worst thing that could happen.

That being said, a lot better things could happen than Laraque. sly.gif
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#24 arnoldbuck

arnoldbuck

Can you see the Shooter!?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:19 PM

Not that I was ever totally convinced he was coming here but I am Very suprised he has made this deal. I know he has a good relationship with Wayne, and that he has been with the franchise his whole career, and that he has made a home there for his wife and kids, Yet, he is such a competator and I really thought he would want to move to a team with better playoff hopes. He hasn't seen the post season in what 5 years? And on paper this last year was Phoenix's best team ever. And what did they do with it?

Well, I suppose good on him for stickin' with the team, they do need him there, but he would be great to see in post-season play.

No Matter How Many Fish in the Sea ... It'll be So Empty Without Me
I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any idea's.

#25 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(Never Forget Mac #25 @ February 14, 2007 - 02:16PM) View Post

The interesting part if Laraque signed with the Wings is that they'd only have to pick up $278,048.88 (if the trade was made on the day of the deadline). That's nothing for bringing in a guy that will protect your stars.

Addition: $351,219.60 if the deal was made before the Wings game tonight.

Heh much rather pay him that than Williams or Maltby

QUOTE(Hatcher#2 @ February 14, 2007 - 02:23PM) View Post

I would gladly pay Laraque $1.2M, he is by far the toughest guy in the league and he can put up points, 21 points and a +6 rating on a terrible team is pretty damn good.

Agreed. Wish we could get him.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#26 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:53 PM

Looking at the message board on tsn.ca regarding Doan signing I noticed that "overrated" seems to be most common reaction. Still can understand why people want him to play for Wings. Unless it is a lot less money...

#27 arnoldbuck

arnoldbuck

Can you see the Shooter!?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Pskov Wings Fan @ February 14, 2007 - 03:53PM) View Post

Looking at the message board on tsn.ca regarding Doan signing I noticed that "overrated" seems to be most common reaction. Still can understand why people want him to play for Wings. Unless it is a lot less money...

I think it is because people look at him and see something we have been lacking for so long. We have had the talent, the scoring touch, but have been missing that real warrior. Now Doan does not have a lot of playoff experience, but I think pretty much anyone looking at him could see he would be a playoff monster.

He is gettin a lot of money to stay in Phoenix, and I'm not sure he woul dbe my number 1 pick to have come here, but he does have decent talent, good size and heart ... and that counts for a lot.
No Matter How Many Fish in the Sea ... It'll be So Empty Without Me
I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any idea's.

#28 Detroit Dead Things

Detroit Dead Things

Red Wing Rep

• 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

Laraque would be a great police man but the pens are also trying to get him but Billy G, I think, would give us that extra offence in the playoffs. That old vet would step it up in the playoffs or the wings should make some crazy deal with the struggling habs for sheldon souray.