• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Are we going to make it happen?

Rate this topic

Sorry in advacnce if there are already any simmilar threads to this.

But is anyone worried about Kenny not pulling the trigger and making a noteable upgrade to the wings roster for a push deep into the playoffs?

All these rumors surronding Detroit.

Wings want Doan, Nagy, Forsberg, etc.

Days go by and what have we got? Absolutely nothing.

I hope Kenny gets something done soon, of the remaining players that are left.

I still like the ideas of Bertuzzi and Tkachuk.

Whats everyones thoughts/comments. Think Kenny will pull the trigger, or well we all end up greving over him for not making something happen?

Edited by Hockey13Playa

Still have 11 days until the deadline, although I doubt we get anyone major. We just don't have the assets to compete with some of the other teams. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but Williams isn't going to get us much.

AUTO-RESPONSE v1.0

Dear [insert Name Here],

You may be wondering why Ken Holland, General Manager of the Detroit Red Wings hockey club, has not yet made a trade to bolster his team for the upcoming playoff season.

Do not fear, patron! There are still [eleven days] remaining! That is plenty of time.

We thank you for your concern, and have a nice day.

I would just as soon Holland make no deal than a bad one. There is no point givving up our future for a player that might give us a chance to win just this year. If there is a good deal out there, it will be made.

Still have 11 days until the deadline, although I doubt we get anyone major. We just don't have the assets to compete with some of the other teams. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but Williams isn't going to get us much.

Yeah thats kind of the same thing I was thinking. Williams won't get us much, but I still would like to some how aquire someone decent. If not, then come playoff time I don't think we have what it takes to win the cup.

AUTO-RESPONSE v1.0

Dear [insert Name Here],

You may be wondering why Ken Holland, General Manager of the Detroit Red Wings hockey club, has not yet made a trade to bolster his team for the upcoming playoff season.

Do not fear, patron! There are still [eleven days] remaining! That is plenty of time.

We thank you for your concern, and have a nice day.

Yeah that might be plenty of time having 11 days left, you don't need to be a smartass about it. Thats what everyone said last year, oh theres time left blah blah blah. All the top players are being dealt away, the list is narrowing down. All I am saying is I hope Kenny nabs someone before the list is down to the cory cross's of the leauge.

I think Kenny is just biding his time,trying to make the best deal possible for the team,and not jumping into anything without weighing all his options.Like,if he would have given what the Preds gave to get Forsberg,that would have seriously affected the future.I think he's a great GM in the new NHL.He knows he must be frugal,and he sticks with that.I really hope he picks up Bertuzzi or Guerin by the deadline though,because we desperately need someone like that.An enforcer like Laroque could'nt hurt either.

Get it done,but get it done right Kenny!!

I think Kenny is just biding his time,trying to make the best deal possible for the team,and not jumping into anything without weighing all his options.Like,if he would have given what the Preds gave to get Forsberg,that would have seriously affected the future.I think he's a great GM in the new NHL.He knows he must be frugal,and he sticks with that.I really hope he picks up Bertuzzi or Guerin by the deadline though,because we desperately need someone like that.An enforcer like Laroque could'nt hurt either.

Get it done,but get it done right Kenny!!

IPB Image

I was only messin' with ya. That this sudden panic just so happened to occur in the following hours and now day of the Forsberg trade is not a coincidence to me. People are freaked out that we didn't have what it took to grab the big dog, when pretty much everybody else is still on the market.

I find all the freaking out over the Forsberg thing hilarious.He's not really what we needed,and he demanded a high price.Let it go people.

IPB Image

And the point of posting that was?

Honestly guys, we play Nashville like 4 times after the deadline. If we sign a Mayers, Drake, Bert, Fedoruk, Tkachuk type player AND get Kopecky back, well have enough guys who can run him in those four games.

Not to mention pretty much everyone in the West from this point on will probably try and take out Forsberg any chance they get. I bet you any money when the Preds play St. Louis tonight, Forsberg will get hit any number of times. This guy is more fragile than my grandma. I doubt hell be 100% for the playoffs.

I am not realating this post with the forsberg going to Nashiville.

I am just saying seems like as of late Kenny hasn't been as gutsy as in the past, yes we are under a cap, but still, doens't mean you can't work something out, thats why is GM after all isn't it?

Yes a lot of trades are done on the last day of the deadline, but the deadline is getting pushed earlier, and GM's are dealing there stars earlier, so just something inside me that makes me nervous!

I am just saying seems like as of late Kenny hasn't been as gutsy as in the past, yes we are under a cap, but still, doens't mean you can't work something out, thats why is GM after all isn't it?

That's because he cant just throw away first round picks anymore. Teams have to depend more on their drafting under the salary cap because you cant fill holes with money like we did in the past.

Edited by ARice89

I am not realating this post with the forsberg going to Nashiville.

Yes a lot of trades are done on the last day of the deadline, but the deadline is getting pushed earlier, and GM's are dealing there stars earlier, so just something inside me that makes me nervous!

Kenny can't be as gutsy as he was in the past, and he knows that.The days of him dealing away the future(prospects)at the deadline for rentals and not worrying about it because he could just throw some cash around to get players anytime he wanted are over.Prospects are key with the salary cap in place.I'm glad he's not an idiot.

That's because he cant just throw away first round picks anymore. Teams have to depend more on their drafting under the salary cap because you cant fill holes with money like we did in the past.

Beat me to it.