• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim

LaPointe and Burtuzzi

Rate this topic

Why sleepy? Guy's a thug.

Instead of crucifying Bert for his one major indisgression, why not look at his upside? How many goals was his career high? Didn't he light the lamp 50 times one season? That would help fill the void that Shanny has left....

As much i wouldn't mind seeing Lapointe come back to the winged wheel i really don't think he wants to.

As for Bert he is coming off of back surgery and his price is just to high for it.

Ok, first of all, I'd love to have either Lapointe or Bertuzzi. I know that some have said Marty is overpriced, and he just might be, but perhaps he'll be one of those guys who heats up once he gets to a new location....maybe Detroit is where he belongs and he produces the most...stranger things have happened.

As for Bertuzzi, I've always loved to hate him. He's just a beast. I know many here think he is a thug, but I really think that everyone should look past the Moore incident. I know that sounds crazy, and I know he hit the guy from behind, but in my opinion there is no way of knowing that the hit and takedown to the ice is what caused Moore's problem or the ensuing pile of players that happened when everyone jumped on top of the two of them....how do we know that isn't what caused the problem?? Maybe i don't remember it correctly, but I do seem to remember the punch from behind (which I don't approve of) and then a big pile of bodies gathering on top of Moore, so I don't know what really caused the injury. Anyways, just my opinion, but I'd love to have Bertuzzi here if he can return to his old form.

Guest gman6797

I would take Lapointe back...his salary is back to normal and would fit in well in the lockeroom. Bertuzzi has not played a game all year. Big man with bad back. If he is healthy is a force...but could be to slow for the new NHL. From the original thread fighting is not really a part of the new NHL and it really bums me out. I miss the days when every team had a tough guy. Oh well saves me a ton of cash cause I dropped my season tickets.

Ok, first of all, I'd love to have either Lapointe or Bertuzzi. I know that some have said Marty is overpriced, and he just might be, but perhaps he'll be one of those guys who heats up once he gets to a new location....maybe Detroit is where he belongs and he produces the most...stranger things have happened.

As for Bertuzzi, I've always loved to hate him. He's just a beast. I know many here think he is a thug, but I really think that everyone should look past the Moore incident. I know that sounds crazy, and I know he hit the guy from behind, but in my opinion there is no way of knowing that the hit and takedown to the ice is what caused Moore's problem or the ensuing pile of players that happened when everyone jumped on top of the two of them....how do we know that isn't what caused the problem?? Maybe i don't remember it correctly, but I do seem to remember the punch from behind (which I don't approve of) and then a big pile of bodies gathering on top of Moore, so I don't know what really caused the injury. Anyways, just my opinion, but I'd love to have Bertuzzi here if he can return to his old form.

Geez..no way of knowing...He checp shotted the guy from behind and before all those guys piled on

Bertuzzi drove his head into the ice and not by accident...Forget the piling on Bertuzzi was responsible

for injury...L:et Bert go somewhere else...as forLapointe his day is done..too expensive anyway..

We got Burt !!! I was one for two. I thought we might get Marty back but he likes chicago.......Now lets play some hockey!!! :clap::thumbup:

Do U mean we signed Burtuzzi ????

when ?? how long ??? how much

Geez..no way of knowing...He checp shotted the guy from behind and before all those guys piled on

Bertuzzi drove his head into the ice and not by accident...Forget the piling on Bertuzzi was responsible

for injury...L:et Bert go somewhere else...as forLapointe his day is done..too expensive anyway..

Do U mean we signed Burtuzzi ????

when ?? how long ??? how much

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I too was reather confused until I looked at the posting date.

If we resign Bert Lapointe would cost too much. But if not we need to consider him, on a one year deal he'd have to perform to get a big contract later. Plus he's always been a playoff performer and has scored some clutch goals in his day too.

I too was reather confused until I looked at the posting date.

If we resign Bert Lapointe would cost too much. But if not we need to consider him, on a one year deal he'd have to perform to get a big contract later. Plus he's always been a playoff performer and has scored some clutch goals in his day too.

Marty's day is over.