• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Update on Holland's search for forwards.

Rate this topic

From what I've seen, I lean towards less reliable. Sportsnet likes to be first, whereas TSN usually waits until they can report the correct news. That and one employs McKenzie and the other Eklund...

I agree with you. They LOVE being the first to put stuff on their website, and then it magically disappears a few minutes later. Wait until the actual trade deadline. It's more reliable than Hockey Buzz, but far less than TSN.

This should be interesting. Holland is bound to make a move and I wouldn't mind to overpay for a player like Tkachuk, Guerin or Bertuzzi. I also wouldn't mind Lapointe. He should come cheap, which makes it easier to swallow his $2.4 M contract for next season. Okay Holland, don't screw this up by trading for Carter or Stumpel now you hear me?!

I wouldn't mind Lapointe either, the problem is eating that salary for a year.

But he's strong, tough, will drop the gloves, and probably good for 30 points a year.

Maybe he'd even do better back in Detroit where there would be a lot fewer expectations placed on him.

Is it just me, or did the article not actually say that Detroit is the team that has made the offers for Tkachuk and Guerin. It just says that offers have been made offers and that Detroit is a team interested in them. The wording is pretty ambiguous and doesn't necessarily state that Detroit made offers for them.

The article did not actually say that Detroit is the team that has made the offers. The wording that Detroit is looking at Guerin (but no mentioning of Tkachuk), also suggests that the offers didn't come from Detroit.

I wouldn't mind Lapointe either, the problem is eating that salary for a year.

But he's strong, tough, will drop the gloves, and probably good for 30 points a year.

Maybe he'd even do better back in Detroit where there would be a lot fewer expectations placed on him.

Last I heard, Detroit had something like $25 M in available cap space for next season. I think it could be worth it.

I've got no real interest in Lapointe, but I'd love to see Guerin come over.....

correct me if i'm wrong, but when Marty left, didn't it seem like he wanted out of here? I kinda remember a salary issue, but I also remember it being somewhat like the Federov ordeal

correct me if i'm wrong, but when Marty left, didn't it seem like he wanted out of here? I kinda remember a salary issue, but I also remember it being somewhat like the Federov ordeal

I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I thought he took the big contract from Boston as a UFA and Detroit chose not to match it.

I don't remember a whole lot of ill will. Besides, that was a very different team and coaching staff in 2001 than we have now.

I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I thought he took the big contract from Boston as a UFA and Detroit chose not to match it.

I don't remember a whole lot of ill will. Besides, that was a very different team and coaching staff in 2001 than we have now.

Lapointe was offered 5 mil. a year by Boston. He couldn't pass that up.

Take what you want from this, but a buddy of mine works for a large hockey publication and said that he was told that the Wings are the final stages of trading for Todd Bertuzzi in exchange for Igor Grigorenko and a first round pick. If its true it sounds good to me!

Last I heard, Detroit had something like $25 M in available cap space for next season. I think it could be worth it.

They've got $23 MIL tied up for next year. It could be more if the bonuses for chelios and hasek kick in.

Edited by Mighty Wings

Take what you want from this, but a buddy of mine works for a large hockey publication and said that he was told that the Wings are the final stages of trading for Todd Bertuzzi in exchange for Igor Grigorenko and a first round pick. If its true it sounds good to me!

and what publication is that?

Feds didn't leave for more money.

I know, he wanted to find a wife or some crap like that and couldn't find it in Detroit after his secret marriage to kornakova(totally wrong spelling), didn't he? Does anyone know if he did find one? Also, wasn't there something to do with an agent that made him want to leave?

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

TSN

Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland was seen having a quiet moment with St. Louis Blues GM Larry Pleau amid speculation that Blues winger Keith Tkachuk and Bill Guerin - both unrestricted free agents July 1 - are both up for sale.

''The prices are a bit high right now,'' Holland said. ''I've done a lot of talking, but nothing yet.''

I know, he wanted to find a wife or some crap like that and couldn't find it in Detroit after his secret marriage to kornakova(totally wrong spelling), didn't he? Does anyone know if he did find one?

Ha, no, I don't think there was anything secret about his marriage to Kournikova. "I was ******* her before she turned 18" would've been the lamest secret in the tabloids if it was ever in doubt.

He was in the process of a divorce with her when the Wings made their offer and he turned it down.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Ha, no, I don't think there was anything secret about his marriage to Kournakova. "I was ******* her before she turned 18" would've been the lamest secret in the tabloids if it was ever in doubt.

He was in the process of a divorce with her when the Wings made their offer and he turned it down.

I coulda swore he was keeping it secret for a long time. I also thought about there being some article about Feds wanting to find a new companion and couldn't find one in Mo-town

http://www.rallystar.co.za/article/articleview/1110/1/221

Keep in mind this was 3/4 years ago, but the article says " Fedorov, 33, rated as one of the top players in the NHL, confirmed his relationship with his 21-year-old fellow Russian in the Hockey News. "They are true," said Fedorov, when asked about rumours concerning their wedding. "We were married, albeit briefly, and we are now divorced." "

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

I coulda swore he was keeping it secret for a long time. I also thought about there being some article about Feds wanting to find a new companion and couldn't find one in Mo-town

http://www.rallystar.co.za/article/articleview/1110/1/221

Keep in mind this was 3/4 years ago, but the article says " Fedorov, 33, rated as one of the top players in the NHL, confirmed his relationship with his 21-year-old fellow Russian in the Hockey News. "They are true," said Fedorov, when asked about rumours concerning their wedding. "We were married, albeit briefly, and we are now divorced." "

So much for 'bros before hoes'... he must be a sucker for the women :P

Well, acutally, I take it back. They were 'involved' for a long time but I don't remember reading about marriage until after the fact, but that other part is bunk. He was getting a divorce and had fired his agent when the Wings made their offer.

either way, I miss that guy. Do you know what the reason was for Feds not coming back?

I sorta half said it, but here's the reason:

He was getting a divorce and had fired his agent when the Wings made their offer. He turned it down and tried to get himself sorted out, meanwhile the Wings' refused to put that same offer down when Fedorov was ready to deal, giving him lesser ones from there on out. Presumably, that's why he left for Anaheim.

Im not so sure about Bert right now. If I had to make a trade now, I'd take Guering over Bert only because of the fact Bert has been injured and hasent played in a while. Maybe if he surprizes everyone in his 2/3 games before the deadline, then I'd take him, but for now I dunno how he will play after the injury :unsure: .

I would also pass on Lapointe, even though I really liked him in a Wings uniform. Not sure if Fedotenko is being mentioned in Wings rumors but I'd take him over Marty because hes about 6 years younger, a bit taller, and has better stats. He also scored some goals when Tampa won the cup (including the GWG). Im not completely sure on this but I think Ruslan is faster than Marty. (Fedotenko is also my favorite Non-Wings player in the NHL) but that aside, I just hope we get someone who will make an impact in our playoff run, unlike good ol' Cross... :crazy: