• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Vincent Lecavalier

Rate this topic

What a season this young man is having. He's been playing for a long time so it's easy to forget that he's only 26, but he's one of the best players in the league. How do you rate his chances for the Hart Trophy this season? He has 46 goals, 47 assists for a total of 93 points which is 2nd best in the NHL. He has 16 PPG's, 5 SHG's and 7 GWG's.

Is he the best player in the league for the 2006/07 season? He's making a strong push for that honour.

Guest Agalloch

Criesby whines too much.

Brodeur should get the Hart. Without him, the Devils are sub .500, and out of the playoffs - easily. He's on pace to play like, 78 games or something. That's ridiculous.

St. Louis kinda negates Vinny's chance at the Hart. Their stats are almost identical. Vinny has more goals, but not by much.

The Hart should go to Crosby though, with Brodeur having an outside shot.

Just last season the Pens were one of the worst teams in the league. But now they'll make the playoffs in the 4th or 5th seed. Does anyone think they would come close to that without Crosby? No. He should pretty much run away with the Hart.

Criesby whines too much.

Brodeur should get the Hart. Without him, the Devils are sub .500, and out of the playoffs - easily. He's on pace to play like, 78 games or something. That's ridiculous.

66 out of 69 games! :o Far out, what a workhorse.

Hart Trophy might come down to Crosby, Lecavalier and Brodeur. I would give it to Vinny because he's leading the league in goals, is 2nd in the league in short handed scoring, and is 2nd in total points. He does everything.

Criesby whines too much.

That is crazy. It's amazing Marty is still killing teams even with a crap defense, and people said his defense made him look so good. BS

Although, Roberto Luongo is the Canucks team. I still can't believe how he has carried them this year.

edit: sp

Edited by Louisville

Is he the best player in the league for the 2006/07 season? He's making a strong push for that honour.

No, that would go to Lidstrom.

But he is damn good, near 2nd. :thumbup:

He does everything.

Except stop shots. hehe.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Criesby whines too much.

Oh jeez, another troll still living in the 1st 3 months of the 2005-2007 season. GET A CLUE. It's 2007 dude. So far this year all Crosby has done is shut his trap, say all the right things when he's interviewed, been humble and played his typical, fiery, hard-working, uber-talented game on the ice.

The Pens go from cellar dweller to playoff team. Crosby leads league in scoring. That pretty much makes him the Hart Trophy Winner.

Lecav has St.Louis with him and the 'Ning just aren't good enough for him to be awarded the Hart.

Brodeur has as good a shot as Crosby, its down to those 2.

Lidstrom, fuggetaboutit. Nick's getting the Norris. They aren't going to give him the Hart to boot.

My prediction for the finalists:

Crosby

Brodeur

Luongo

....with Sid winning it.

Guest Crymson

What a season this young man is having. He's been playing for a long time so it's easy to forget that he's only 26, but he's one of the best players in the league. How do you rate his chances for the Hart Trophy this season? He has 46 goals, 47 assists for a total of 93 points which is 2nd best in the NHL. He has 16 PPG's, 5 SHG's and 7 GWG's.

Crosby has the hype--he'll win the Hart, though Zetterberg might have come close if not for the early-season slump and the injury. Lecavalier has a chance at the Pearson, which is--IMO--a better gauge of who is the true MVP.

Guest Agalloch

Oh jeez, another troll still living in the 1st 3 months of the 2005-2007 season. GET A CLUE. It's 2007 dude. So far this year all Crosby has done is shut his trap, say all the right things when he's interviewed, been humble and played his typical, fiery, hard-working, uber-talented game on the ice.

The Pens go from cellar dweller to playoff team. Crosby leads league in scoring. That pretty much makes him the Hart Trophy Winner.

Lecav has St.Louis with him and the 'Ning just aren't good enough for him to be awarded the Hart.

Brodeur has as good a shot as Crosby, its down to those 2.

Lidstrom, fuggetaboutit. Nick's getting the Norris. They aren't going to give him the Hart to boot.

My prediction for the finalists:

Crosby

Brodeur

Luongo

....with Sid winning it.

LOL, I'm a troll because I don't like Crosby? Damn, I thought this was a Red Wings forum where I can have an opinion of other players. I guess not. Thank god you aren't running this site.

You don't pay attention either, I can already tell. If you look at TSN or any other site like that, you will see tons of articles with Cindy Criesby complaining. His most recent one is how he gets hooked too much, and that he can seriously get hurt if it continues to happen. I don't know if there's currently a person I hate more in the league than Crosby, other than MAYBE Briere.

Crosby will most likely win it, simply because they market him to death, and he has more hype than any player by a wide margin. Doesn't mean he should get it. People ALWAYS screw up the awards.

If you look at TSN or any other site like that, you will see tons of articles with Cindy Criesby complaining. His most recent one is how he gets hooked too much, and that he can seriously get hurt if it continues to happen. I don't know if there's currently a person I hate more in the league than Crosby, other than MAYBE Briere.

That's funny, I can't seem to find these appently abundant articles of his cries, can you help point them out with some links? Where is this most recent one about hooking and how he can get seriously hurt.

FYI, you admit yourself that you hate him more than anyone else, that pretty much makes any opinions on who should be MVP extremely biased.

It does not matter how well Vincent is playing. If he will finish 2nd in the points behind Crosby, Hart will go automatically to Sid. Although I think Lecavalier is a way better overall than Crosby. Irrespective of the age.

It does not matter how well Vincent is playing. If he will finish 2nd in the points behind Crosby, Hart will go automatically to Sid. Although I think Lecavalier is a way better overall than Crosby. Irrespective of the age.

How is is "way better" overall? Better goal scorer? for now yes, more physical? Yes....what else?

Much like Malkin winning the Calder, Sid's gonna get the Hart this year whether he deserves it or not, at least that's how I feel. Vinny'd be in my top 5 though along with Brodeur, Luongo and Lidstrom.

Much like Malkin winning the Calder, Sid's gonna get the Hart this year whether he deserves it or not, at least that's how I feel. Vinny'd be in my top 5 though along with Brodeur, Luongo and Lidstrom.

I think Vinny's chances are severly hampered due to his linemate, who basically has the equivalent stats.

Malkin is definately still the front runner for the Calder, but Stastny may give him a good run down to the end.

How is is "way better" overall? Better goal scorer? for now yes, more physical? Yes....what else?

Vinny is now an all around 2-way player whose defensive prowess is underrated. He plays a large chunk of minutes every game (in the top 3 for forwards), plays in every situation, and is very good winning face-offs.

Tortorella constantly changes lines on a per game basis and throughout a game so while Vinny has played more time on a line with St Louis and Prospal, this is often not the case.

Vinny has benfitted from St Louis, but the reverse is definitively true as well. He is a leader on the team and imperative to the success of the Lightning.

Vinny is now an all around 2-way player whose defensive prowess is underrated. He plays a large chunk of minutes every game (in the top 3 for forwards), plays in every situation, and is very good winning face-offs.

Tortorella constantly changes lines on a per game basis and throughout a game so while Vinny has played more time on a line with St Louis and Prospal, this is often not the case.

Vinny has benfitted from St Louis, but the reverse is definitively true as well. He is a leader on the team and imperative to the success of the Lightning.

I would disagree on Vinny being an all around 2-way player. I think he tends to float a little. I think Crosby continues to improve his defensive game and is better than Vinny in that area. This is subjective of course. In the other area you bring up, which is not subjective, Crosby is better on faceoffs.

I didn't try to suggest Vinny's points are because he plays with St. Louis, but I think he plays mostly with him, which would be different than what you say is "often not the case." My point about St. Louis was more about him being on the same team. If a guy on your team has almost the same stats as you, it will hurt your chances (rightly or wrongly) of being the MVP.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

LOL, I'm a troll because I don't like Crosby? Damn, I thought this was a Red Wings forum where I can have an opinion of other players. I guess not. Thank god you aren't running this site.

You don't pay attention either, I can already tell. If you look at TSN or any other site like that, you will see tons of articles with Cindy Criesby complaining. His most recent one is how he gets hooked too much, and that he can seriously get hurt if it continues to happen. I don't know if there's currently a person I hate more in the league than Crosby, other than MAYBE Briere.

Crosby will most likely win it, simply because they market him to death, and he has more hype than any player by a wide margin. Doesn't mean he should get it. People ALWAYS screw up the awards.

so you hate Crosby, whoopdef***ijng do. He's gonna win the Hart likely so stuff that in your hate crack.

Give it up man, you have a predisposed hatred of the kid and you're still living off of the early part of the 2006 season when he was whining some and got called out for it. Water under the bridge. I guess you must think Brendan Shanahan is a whiny ***** too because all he's done is harp on the refs publicly about how bad Jaromir Jagr gets abused.

Players complain, especially when its legit. If Crosby thinks mentioning all the illegal hooks on him might generate a few more power plays for his team then so be it. Scotty Bowman would agree there.

Me calling you a troll has nothing to do with letting you post opinions or running the site. It has everything to do with me thinking your a dumbass though.

I'm not sure he'll be a finalist for the Hart. Brodeur and Crosby are locks it would seem, but I'm not sold on Vinny being a finalist. Zetterberg would have been if not for his injury.