• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HUETforLIFE

Formula One

Rate this topic

Kickoff to the F1 season tonight/today in Australia. Any other F1 fans out there? I don't really have a favourite team or driver. I like Nico Rosberg, but for reasons other than his driving. :D

I love auto racing but only NASCAR.

Kickoff to the F1 season tonight/today in Australia. Any other F1 fans out there? I don't really have a favourite team or driver. I like Nico Rosberg, but for reasons other than his driving. :D

Yep I'm a fan. Was more of a fan a few year ago when there were great rivalries but it's still enjoyable. It’s a little too predictable for my liking and there seems to be fewer crashes these days which always make for great viewing.

Mark Webber’s struggles continue… :(

Yep I'm a fan. Was more of a fan a few year ago when there were great rivalries but it's still enjoyable. It’s a little too predictable for my liking and there seems to be fewer crashes these days which always make for great viewing.

You should see racing at the oval in Bristol next weekend. Half mile track bout the size of a soccer stadium with high banks and 43 drivers. Thats a receipe for disaster. Lots of crashes.

I agree with you on the predictability. This season looks to be a big Kimi/Fernando battle.

I use to watch F1 when it was ESPN. Remember ESPN showing races? Anyway I stopped watching when ESPN stopped showing them. I figured if it's not on ESPN it not worth watching. Oh wait .... lol j/k!

Anyway I grew up watching and being a fan of Indy car races, which also led me to F1. Somewhere around the 80s I got bored with auto racing as a sport, but I keep up with it casually. Now I just watch the big races, even some NASCAR, once Tony Stewart moved to that series.

I use to watch F1 when it was ESPN. Remember ESPN showing races? Anyway I stopped watching when ESPN stopped showing them. I figured if it's not on ESPN it not worth watching. Oh wait .... lol j/k!

Anyway I grew up watching and being a fan of Indy car races, which also led me to F1. Somewhere around the 80s I got bored with auto racing as a sport, but I keep up with it casually. Now I just watch the big races, even some NASCAR, once Tony Stewart moved to that series.

Only time I ever watch indy cars is the Indy 500. Other than that I couldn't tell you which driver was driving which car and what sponser. NASCAR is another story tho. NASCAR is huge in America. 2nd most watched sport in the USA only behind the NFL.

Only time I ever watch indy cars is the Indy 500. Other than that I couldn't tell you which driver was driving which car and what sponser. NASCAR is another story tho. NASCAR is huge in America. 2nd most watched sport in the USA only behind the NFL.

NASCAR is boring as hell. what's so exciting about turning left? i can turn left.

NASCAR is boring as hell. what's so exciting about turning left? i can turn left.

same americans say "what is so exciting about hockey. I cant even follow the game or see the puck. Gotta make the puck glow for me in order for me to see it. Gotta make it easier to score goals so i dont have to watch a boring 2-1 game. Or worse, the game ends in a tie. I paid all that money for a seat and i am forced to watch a tie. "

same americans say "what is so exciting about hockey. I cant even follow the game or see the puck. Gotta make the puck glow for me in order for me to see it. Gotta make it easier to score goals so i dont have to watch a boring 2-1 game. Or worse, the game ends in a tie. I paid all that money for a seat and i am forced to watch a tie. "

thats why americans watch NASCAR. not hard to follow cars turning left.

thats why americans watch NASCAR. not hard to follow cars turning left.

My point is don't bash it unless you have tried it.

NASCAR, similar in a way to the NHL, is a much better sport than television projects it to be on screen. You don't feel the rush of the cars in your recliner. You don't hear the cars roar past you before they actually do in your recliner. And you definetly don't smell the burnt rubber in your recliner.

NASCAR is so much more than just making left turns and a statement made by you shows the typical stereotype of "stupid american". Oh and the NHL would kill to have half the audience that watches NASCAR. 75 million plus fans can't be wrong!

My point is don't bash it unless you have tried it.

NASCAR, similar in a way to the NHL, is a much better sport than television projects it to be on screen. You don't feel the rush of the cars in your recliner. You don't hear the cars roar past you before they actually do in your recliner. And you definetly don't smell the burnt rubber in your recliner.

NASCAR is so much more than just making left turns and a statement made by you shows the typical stereotype of "stupid american". Oh and the NHL would kill to have half the audience that watches NASCAR. 75 million plus fans can't be wrong!

it may be more than making left turns, but it still doesn't compare to F1. faster cars and harder courses.

I'm a fan of auto racing in general, not just NA$CAR, so I've tried to give F1 a fair shake. I've tried to become a fan, but I just can't get into it. There's just nothing there to grab my interest. Typically whoever makes it to turn 1 first wins...the rest is normally just follow the leader. I used to watch a lot more F1 races, but now I typically just catch the US race and also Monaco, since it's such a sweet historic track.

F1 is more competitive than it was in the Schumacher era, but it's still nowhere near as competitive as NA$CAR or the IRL.

I can't see the football during NFL or college games. It really frustrates me. I can't figure out why it's so popular.

They tell me it's under the center, but which player is the center. Then the QB gets it right? I can't see the football when he has it either. Then he passes it sometimes and I can see it, but if hands it off to a RB well he's got it covered up, so I can't see the ball then either. It's just really hard for me to see the football. So for that reason I don't like it. lol

Anyway back to racing .... I can't see them turning left either. lol

So yeah back in the day I was huge racing fan - A.J. Foyt, Johnny Rutherford, Bobby and Al Unser. That's when Indy cars ruled. Now I can't even tell you but two drivers - Sam Hornish and Danica Patrick. I only usually watch the 500 now too. I'd rather watch any Indy or F1 race over NASCAR.

You should see racing at the oval in Bristol next weekend. Half mile track bout the size of a soccer stadium with high banks and 43 drivers. Thats a receipe for disaster. Lots of crashes.

crashes are over rated in Nascar.

Based on what?

Polls, driving analyists, etc.

Schumaker was the best driver in the world LAST YEAR but I doubt you can seriously argue that Raikkonen is the best driver in all circuits right now.

crashes are over rated in Nascar.

how so??

They are not exciting at all because it happens all the time.

I loved it when the Simpsons made fun of it in one of their episodes.

Edited by Jwo

So yeah back in the day I was huge racing fan - A.J. Foyt, Johnny Rutherford, Bobby and Al Unser. That's when Indy cars ruled. Now I can't even tell you but two drivers - Sam Hornish and Danica Patrick. I only usually watch the 500 now too. I'd rather watch any Indy or F1 race over NASCAR.

Growing up, Indy was king. I used to love watching Bobby Rahal, Emerson Fittipaldi, Rick Mears. When the Indy 500 started not racing the biggest names in indy, thats when I tuned off of the circuit. It's only recently where the action has started to pick up.

They are not exciting at all because it happens all the time.

people can say the same thing about fighting in hockey.

Schumaker was the best driver in the world LAST YEAR but I doubt you can seriously argue that Raikkonen is the best driver in all circuits right now.

Fernando Alonso was the best driver in the world last year and he's the best driver this year. his team this year, Mclaren, isn't as good as his old team, Renault. this would be the only thing holding him back. and Raikkonen is better than any NASCAR driver.

and Raikkonen is better than any NASCAR driver.

And how many years has he been driving?? how many championships does he have??

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned and it should be mentioned, is the with the dominance of Schumaker & Ferrari as well as an increase in technological aids the formula one cars have turned viewers off from watching. Thats why the FIA has in recent years instituted a number of rule changes, including new tyre restrictions, multi-race engines, and reductions on downforce.

Edited by timothy1997