• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dats

Datsyuk is the goal scorer

Rate this topic

Guest LivingtheDream

Datsyuk beats more guys one on one in a shift or two than most do all game. They take the body in the reg. seassn too--it's easier said than done. That's his game--if he can draw penalties as well as generate chances why not? He does need to use that great wrister more often, though.

He'll have Bertuzzi to distract defenders so he needs to do his thing!

Where have you been all my life? And Datsyuk has changed his style quite a bit - he used to make even more moves, now he just makes the killer move that leaves the opposing player(s) in the dust. In addition, he is now shooting and scoring more. He is no longer "pass first Datsyuk" and as such he is a double threat - will he shoot, deke or pass? Before he was a bit more predictable (pass). Finally, a line mate with size and grit will free up Pavel and Hank and when those two are freed up, it is over baby.

I keep saying this, but nobody listens. Go back two years to the playoffs with Nashville, game four. For the first time as a Wing (and perhaps in his life) Hull comes out like a mad man - he is checking on the offense, he is going to the boards... and within two minutes of this, both Hank and Pavel score a goal each with insane Euro Twin assists from each. I saw that and thought, "Lewis finally gets it, these kids need a line mate who will help free them up." But no, before the game was over it was floatingHull all over and the kids were smothered. Shanny was not much better last year in the playoffs either. My point is this - watch these guys go with the right playoff line mate. Bert or Homer are perfect!!!

He's a cute player. People take the body in the playoffs.

Here's where I disagree. Do you honestly think there are NHL caliber defensemen who don't play the body in a 1-on-1 situation in the regular season?

You'll catch the odd instance, but 99% of the time, they play the man, not the puck. That rule is so basic, there are midget level players that know better. He's shown he get beat these guys in the regular season; he can do it in the playoffs too. It's all about confidence.

Personally, I think all the defensemen in the league would be ecstatic if Datsuk took your advice, considering most of their jockstraps are hanging from the rafters of the "Joe" from the moves he's put on them.

I agree, Datsyuk has been ontop of his game lately and it sure is exciting watching the guy play. You never know what to expect from him, He has a endless bag of tricks and is one of the most if not the most creative player in the NHL. Not only do other players attempt to do his moves but little kids across the world try to do his moves on kids.

Datsyuk has always been a goal scorer, a playmaker, and great all around player. and for Datsyuk's size he plays defense well. Keep in mind he did win the Check of the Game already this season. :P

Pavel will do whats right for the team come this post season, he is not a selfish player and is just as happy setting up a beautiful goal as he is scoring a beautiful goal.

keep it up Pavel, and before long you'll win the nobel peace prize for feeding all the hungry their Crow.

Oh god.........this thread is going to go to a real bad place very quickly.

Right as usual as I'm going to finally jump into this one. Nice to see Pavel "on fire", to bad the rest of the team is "on vacation". He managed to score the only goals for the Wings in a span of 207 minutes and 42 seconds, all losses for the Wings despite 2 goals from players not named Datsyuk in one of those games. He's now on a span of 67 minutes and 17 seconds as the only goal scorer for the Wings. Good thing your goalie finally threw in a shutout or it would be five losses in a row for the mighty Wings.

I'm not sure I like the way the Wings are preparing for the playoffs, putting all their goalscoring eggs in the basket of a guy who can't score in the playoffs :sly:. Of course the flip side of this is by bowing out of the run for the top spot in the conference, the Wings can play the Stars in the first round and have a decent chance of actually making the second round of the playoffs - provided someone will be able to fill the goalscoring void left by Dats once the playoffs start.

something tells me that pavel and hank are going to have great playoffs....but i think Bertuzzi will come through and lead us through them with goals galore. Or atleast i hope. He seems lost out there because he doesnt really know how to play with his linemates, but give him another week and he will be stellar

:blink: ..'lost out there' ?? Don't think so, at least not in the last 2 games. He seems quite comfortable already.

Right as usual as I'm going to finally jump into this one. Nice to see Pavel "on fire", to bad the rest of the team is "on vacation". He managed to score the only goals for the Wings in a span of 207 minutes and 42 seconds, all losses for the Wings despite 2 goals from players not named Datsyuk in one of those games. He's now on a span of 67 minutes and 17 seconds as the only goal scorer for the Wings. Good thing your goalie finally threw in a shutout or it would be five losses in a row for the mighty Wings.

I'm not sure I like the way the Wings are preparing for the playoffs, putting all their goalscoring eggs in the basket of a guy who can't score in the playoffs :sly:. Of course the flip side of this is by bowing out of the run for the top spot in the conference, the Wings can play the Stars in the first round and have a decent chance of actually making the second round of the playoffs - provided someone will be able to fill the goalscoring void left by Dats once the playoffs start.

Yeah, it's called a slump.. kind of like the Flames have been in all year.

Here's where I disagree. Do you honestly think there are NHL caliber defensemen who don't play the body in a 1-on-1 situation in the regular season?

You'll catch the odd instance, but 99% of the time, they play the man, not the puck. That rule is so basic, there are midget level players that know better. He's shown he get beat these guys in the regular season; he can do it in the playoffs too. It's all about confidence.

Personally, I think all the defensemen in the league would be ecstatic if Datsuk took your advice, considering most of their jockstraps are hanging from the rafters of the "Joe" from the moves he's put on them.

We'll see when the playoffs get here. He's been outstanding in every regular season since he's been here, and a dud in the playoffs. Why would you think otherwise this year? You hvae no basis to think this playoff will be different.

The team has changed a little with Bertuzzi here, and yes it may open up more room for him, in which case you'd think he'd be deadly. I'm just trying to hold back from getting all excited again until we see him score a few goals in the playoffs. But like I said, if he scores 15 assists in round 1 and gets us out of the round alive, I ain't gonna be mad at him.

Edited by Firehawk

:blink: ..'lost out there' ?? Don't think so, at least not in the last 2 games. He seems quite comfortable already.

Yeah, it's called a slump.. kind of like the Flames have been in all year.

Only on the road :P

Only on the road :P

Oh Calfan.....That doesn't bode too well for your Flames playoff run if they don't have Home Ice Advantage. :P

Goodnight in game 7 of the first round, hello golf course. Nice to see you posting again Calfan. Are you and your son going to any playoff games again this season.?

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Of course the flip side of this is by bowing out of the run for the top spot in the conference, the Wings can play the Stars in the first round and have a decent chance of actually making the second round of the playoffs

VAN has 99 pts, DAL, MIN and SJ 98 pts each. It's way too early to start picking the first round opponent based on those standings. However, the top team in the conference gets to play the Flames with a decent degree of certainity. And the Flames this year are not nearly the same team as they were last season or in 2003/04. I say let's beat Nashville for the first overall.

Edited by sibiriak