• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BringHomeTheCup!

Fedorov

Rate this topic

Maybe its just me, but the booing seems twice as bad this season as it did in the past. To me, its gotten really annoying, and I feel people really need to get over it. The sad part is, most people don't even know the real reason their upset.

To me, Feds deserves applause and praise, not boos.

Just NFM's 2 cents.

Maybe its just me, but the booing seems twice as bad this season as it did in the past. To me, its gotten really annoying, and I feel people really need to get over it. The sad part is, most people don't even know the real reason their upset.

To me, Feds deserves applause and praise, not boos.

Just NFM's 2 cents.

Agreed.

I think most people boo because they think he left for more money, and that he compared Detroit to the Soviet Union.

Neither of which are true.

my my...do we really need to go over this again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again

i mean its a sport get over it...hes gonna get the boo from me and everyone else...

do you not remember the comments he made right before he left? saying that he hated it here in det and that he would never play for us again..i guess that escapes you. oh but he was the greatest player the wings have ever had and im happy he scores on us. . it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. we shouldn't boo him we should all get on our knees and.....well you know where im going with this..people are gonna do it no matter what you post in here. sorry..its a sprt..entertainment...booing someone is just part of the fun that people have going to the game.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:hehe:

my my...do we really need to go over this again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again

i mean its a sport get over it...hes gonna get the boo from me and everyone else...

do you not remember the comments he made right before he left? saying that he hated it here in det and that he would never play for us again..i guess that escapes you. oh but he was the greatest player the wings have ever had and im happy he scores on us. . it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. we shouldn't boo him we should all get on our knees and.....well you know where im going with this..people are gonna do it no matter what you post in here. sorry..its a sprt..entertainment...booing someone is just part of the fun that people have going to the game.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:hehe:

I have never heard Fedorov say anything close to saying he hated it in Detroit or would never play here again, so I can only assume you're being sarcastic. unless you can provide a link.

I don't expect people to worship the guy, but booing him every time he touches the puck is so petty and lame. Fedorov is hardly a villian worthy of that treatment. I'd rather fans save if for real enemies like Pronger, or Tootoo.

Personally, I don't know how you can boo a guy who gave his heart and soul to win us 3 Stanley Cups.

For those that are sore because he left; he did us a huge favor! His salary (had he signed) would have screwed us after the lockout. He either would have been bought out, or several players currently on the team would have been. Not to mention, Federov leaving allowed us to develop both Datsuk and Zetterberg.

People really need to let this go!

no what people need to let go is the fact that its a sport and booing is part of it. no matter what the guy did for us its 100 years later. and again its entertainment...people are entertained when they boo. name of the game sorry.

I don't really follow your reasoning here.

so what he did for us in the past that's good doesn't matter - it's a hundred years later. But at the same time, these imagined offenses he committed should never be forgotten and deserve to be booed anytime he touches the puck? :blink:

And we're somehow the ones who need to let go? not the people who are booing fedorov for some imagined slight committed over 4 years ago?

if people are entertain themselves by booing, seems to me they're a little simple.

like I said, I get booing the real villians of the game, but Feds is hardly one of them. Red Wings fans just seem like a bunch of ungrateful idiots when they boo a guy who was a big part of this team for over ten seasons.

I wonder how current Wings players feel knowing that if they don't leave in exactly the right way, they'll be considered enemy number one in Detroit, no matter what they acheived here.

I don't really follow your reasoning here.

so what he did for us in the past that's good doesn't matter - it's a hundred years later. But at the same time, these imagined offenses he committed should never be forgotten and deserve to be booed anytime he touches the puck? :blink:

And we're somehow the ones who need to let go? not the people who are booing fedorov for some imagined slight committed over 4 years ago?

if people are entertain themselves by booing, seems to me they're a little simple.

like I said, I get booing the real villians of the game, but Feds is hardly one of them. Red Wings fans just seem like a bunch of ungrateful idiots when they boo a guy who was a big part of this team for over ten seasons.

I wonder how current Wings players feel knowing that if they don't leave in exactly the right way, they'll be considered enemy number one in Detroit, no matter what they acheived here.

If Dats signs with a team for more money, he willed be booed EXACTLY like Fedorov. If Hasek signs with another team, he will not be booed. I don't get the logic, but it is there. I don't boo anyone that helped Detroit win 3 Cups, I guess I'm not as hip as those who go to the games to boo players instead of cheer on their team.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Sure it's wrong, but it makes pointless games against Columbus all the more exciting. It's always fun to see Fedorov go against us in the shootout (especially when he wins it :P )

If Dats signs with a team for more money, he willed be booed EXACTLY like Fedorov. If Hasek signs with another team, he will not be booed. I don't get the logic, but it is there. I don't boo anyone that helped Detroit win 3 Cups, I guess I'm not as hip as those who go to the games to boo players instead of cheer on their team.

Possibly. But there's two major differences.

1) Fedorov did not leave for more money

2) Datsyuk did not play here for 13 seasons and win 3 stanley Cups for Detroit (including being tied for the team record of most points scored in the playoffs)

First off... Dear God another "Stop Booing Poor Fedorov" thread?!?

Please no more. Why don't all you Fedorov Slappies go start a "letscheerfeds.com" and you can all speak of his amazing works, as you obviously believe him to be the Messiah.

A huge part of the Feddy booing has to do with the fact that he was a whiner... if you don't remember that stuff you are only remembering the good and forgetting the bad. He has a propensity to be a big cry baby when he didn't get his way... As I am sure many people have stated before on this same topic, he always wanted to be the superstar here (the one and only, by the way) and living in Steve's shadow was not easy for his amazingly huge ego. He also left Hockeytown after being offered a large contract to stay... as much as he continues to play up the story that the Wings took the contract off the table, Illitch wanted Feds back and Feds made it known that he was going elsewhere... He always created drama. Whether it was his "marriage" and eventual "divorce to Kornikova or his year long contract holdout, he was always causing drama. We loved him for the excitement he caused when he played hard, but were always wondering when he was going to "take a night off."

If you talk with any real hockey people they will tell that if Sergei had half the heart of Yzerman, he would have been the one of the best players ever. He never had the heart and that is why he never got the love and acceptance he wanted.

It all started with this:

----------------------------

After a lengthy holdout to start the 1997-1998 season, Fedorov, a restricted free-agent, was offered a contract by the Carolina Hurricanes worth up to $38 million (with bonuses). The Red Wings matched the offer on February 26, 1998, ending Fedorov's holdout. The offer broke down as: $14 million for signing, $2 million for 21 regular season games, $12 million for the team reaching conference finals. $28 million for 43 total games in 1997-98 is the largest single season amount paid to an NHL athlete. Fedorov helped the Red Wings win their second consecutive Stanley Cup that year. (From Wikipedia)

In a blue collar town like Detroit, that will make people lose respect for you. Why do you think so many people get empassioned about Dats? He is going down the same road... holding out, asking for huge paydays. You have to earn your respect in Motown, you can't demand it.

Possibly. But there's two major differences.

1) Fedorov did not leave for more money

2) Datsyuk did not play here for 13 seasons and win 3 stanley Cups for Detroit (including being tied for the team record of most points scored in the playoffs)

Ok, if Dats is signed by another team, it will be for more money than the Wings offer. And he will be booed.

He shouldn't be booed. He has played great here and carried the team on some occasions (the last month).But he doesn't do commercials or talk a lot in the press or have an American/Canadian accent or speak great English, so, he will be booed.

I completely agree that booing #91 is obnoxious and un-called for under any circumstances. I can understand those who were/are upset when he left, I was one of them (briefly).

However, the time has come (and gone) to get over it and remember the good times. He is still an awesomely talented player who deserves our gratitude, no doubt about it. You can complain about his attitude or perceived notions of his loyalty (or lack thereof) all you want, but actions speak louder than words and I think that is reason enough to show him the respect he deserves whenever he is back at the Joe.

Ask yourself this: If we can take Hasek back, then why not Sergei?

If we could trade Lang, Sammy, etc straight up for him right this minute, I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm telling you right now, the moment he puts that winged wheel sweater back over his heart the mojo would return and he would be back to his old (slight pun intended) self in no time.

Ask yourself this: If we can take Hasek back, then why not Sergei?

His giant salary... if he would play for $750K I'll give a second chance.

If we could trade Lang, Sammy, etc straight up for him right this minute, I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm telling you right now, the moment he puts that winged wheel sweater back over his heart the mojo would return and he would be back to his old (slight pun intended) self in no time.

Ummmm... Lang is a UFA. Why not for Lilja straight up? <_<

It all started with this:

After a lengthy holdout to start the 1997-1998 season, Fedorov, a restricted free-agent, was offered a contract by the Carolina Hurricanes worth up to $38 million (with bonuses). The Red Wings matched the offer on February 26, 1998, ending Fedorov's holdout. The offer broke down as: $14 million for signing, $2 million for 21 regular season games, $12 million for the team reaching conference finals. $28 million for 43 total games in 1997-98 is the largest single season amount paid to an NHL athlete. Fedorov helped the Red Wings win their second consecutive Stanley Cup that year. (From Wikipedia)

One difference though, isthat 38 million over six years, the length of the contract, was still LESS than Fedorov's market vaue at the time.

Fedorov at the time was considered a superior player to Joe Sakic. Sakic had just signed the previous summer (note, the same summer Fedorov was an RFA) a deal that had the same 2m base salary for three years, coupled with a 15 million signing bonus. Fedorov's offer, even considering all bonuses, only averaged 6.33 million per season, and was a couple years longer. Also, the 12m bonus was paid out in 98-99, not 97-98.

To compare further:

Fedorov made 38 million over the course of six seasons, from 97-89 to 02-03. By comparison, Sakic, in the same six seasons, made 48,588,745. Fedorov was a former Hart and Pearson winner when he signed his deal, and had two Selkes to his name at the time. Sakic won the Hart and Pearson in 2001, when his one-year, 7.9m deal expired.

Fedorov's holdout in 98 got him a BELOW MARKET VALUE contract from ANOTHER TEAM. That means Holland and Ilitch were significantly lowballing the guy and he just wanted a fair deal, doesn't it? If they were that far apart on a deal, and he was still willing to take less than he was worth?

what i don't understand is how people really care about this. the people that boo paid money to be able to boo. if you don't like it turn the sound off when we play them. its part of the game again...get over it. he was a big cry baby from what i remember. Yes i thought he was really good..not anymore

what i don't understand is how people really care about this. the people that boo paid money to be able to boo. if you don't like it turn the sound off when we play them. its part of the game again...get over it. he was a big cry baby from what i remember. Yes i thought he was really good..not anymore

Can you comfortably say he isn't any good anymore? He was on a depleted Anaheim team and now the Jackets. Are you saying that he would be a Lang if we brought him back?

That's a bold statement about the most complete non-North American player ever.

Can you comfortably say he isn't any good anymore? He was on a depleted Anaheim team and now the Jackets. Are you saying that he would be a Lang if we brought him back?

That's a bold statement about the most complete non-North American player ever.

yeah hes still good...but nothing like he was.

yeah hes still good...but nothing like he was.

:clap::clap::clap:

Seriously, he is a fraction of the player he was... don't you think that playoff contenders would have been banging down the door to MacLean's office at the trade deadline if he was that great? There was actually some interest in Lang... Fedorov could have been had for the right price... Older, Slower, Big $$ in the cap era, WHINER!

no when i see comments on here saying that they were happy because feds scored on us is what makes this stupid.

booing is part of the game...you need to get over it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:clap:

:clap::clap::clap:

Seriously, he is a fraction of the player he was... don't you think that playoff contenders would have been banging down the door to MacLean's office at the trade deadline if he was that great? There was actually some interest in Lang... Fedorov could have been had for the right price... Older, Slower, Big $$ in the cap era, WHINER!

I agree that Feds is a shadow of his former self.

But I bet a lot of GM's would've been more than willing to gamble on him if not for his $6 million price tag for next season. If he were a UFA, it would've been a totally different story.

and more on topic, while I think the booing of Fedorov is stupid, I'm not happy when anyone scores on the Wings, no matter who it is.