• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

ALL TIME Dream Lines

Rate this topic

Yeah, a twist from the other thread. You can pick any player from any era in his prime. Has to be from the NHL not, I don't want to see no Sergei Obscurerussiannameov or Alexei Whothehellisheov from Russia. Comprende?

With that said, mine are...

Bobby Hull - Gretzky - Howe

Bossy - Lemieux - Richard

Ovechkin - Fedorov - Bure

Probert - Hunter - O'Reilly (Good luck against this line)

Orr - Stevens (Try and hit Orr now, bastards)

Bourque - Coffey

Lidstrom - Macinnis (Lidstrom's playmaking ability on the PP with Macinnis's shot, good game)

Harvey

In net:

Roy

Sawchuk

Yeah, a twist from the other thread. You can pick any player from any era in his prime. Has to be from the NHL not, I don't want to see no Sergei Obscurerussiannameov or Alexei Whothehellisheov from Russia. Comprende?

With that said, mine are...

Bobby Hull - Gretzky - Howe

Bossy - Lemieux - Richard

Ovechkin - Fedorov - Bure

Probert - Hunter - O'Reilly (Good luck against this line)

Orr - Stevens (Try and hit Orr now, bastards)

Bourque - Coffey

Lidstrom - Macinnis (Lidstrom's playmaking ability on the PP with Macinnis's shot, good game)

Harvey

In net:

Roy

Sawchuk

Really, Ovechkin. :rolleyes:

Also, I don't seem to see Yzerman on that list. Seems like you could fit him in on that 4th line over Hunter if you wanted to.

Here's my top scoring line, top D line, and starting goalie.

Howe-Gretzky-Bret Hull

Grinder-Playmaker-sniper

Lidstrom-Orr

defense-offense

Brodeur

versatility, big-time performer

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Guest Crymson

Also, I don't seem to see Yzerman on that list. Seems like you could fit him in on that 4th line over Hunter if you wanted to.

Howe-Gretzky-Bret Hull

Grinder-Playmaker-sniper

Lidstrom-Orr

defense-offense

Brodeur

What of Mario?

My all-time dream team:

Mario Lemieux/Wayne Gretzky/Mike Bossy--Two of the greatest playmakers and scorers ever with the best natural sniper.

Ted Lindsay/Steve Yzerman/Gordie Howe--Production line PLUS.

Bobby Hull/Jean Beliveau/Maurice Richard--Gritty scoring wingers with the prototypical star center.

Esa Tikkanen/Sergei Fedorov/Jari Kurri--Speed, grit, and top-level play at both ends of the ice.

Bobby Orr/Doug Harvey--The two best NHL defensemen ever, together? Scary.

Nick Lidstrom/Eddie Shore--I've always felt a physical stay-at-home guy would be the perfect complement to Nick. Shore is the standard for that kind of player.

Ray Bourque/Larry Robinson--Two excellent all-around defensemen make up an amazing third pair.

Terry Sawchuk--Simply the best NHL tender ever.

Ken Dryden--It's hard to argue with the kind of success he had, even though his teams were loaded.

Just imagine....

Power play units:

Lemieux/Gretzky/Bossy/Orr/Yzerman

Hull/Believeau/Howe/Bourque/Lidstrom

Penalty killers:

Fedorov/Yzerman/Lidstrom/Shore

Tikkanen/Kurri/Orr/Harvey

This team would be virtually unbeatable.

My all-time dream team:

Mario Lemieux/Wayne Gretzky/Mike Bossy--Two of the greatest playmakers and scorers ever with the best natural sniper.

Ted Lindsay/Steve Yzerman/Gordie Howe--Production line PLUS.

Bobby Hull/Jean Beliveau/Maurice Richard--Gritty scoring wingers with the prototypical star center.

Esa Tikkanen/Sergei Fedorov/Jari Kurri--Speed, grit, and top-level play at both ends of the ice.

Bobby Orr/Doug Harvey--The two best NHL defensemen ever, together? Scary.

Nick Lidstrom/Eddie Shore--I've always felt a physical stay-at-home guy would be the perfect complement to Nick. Shore is the standard for that kind of player.

Ray Bourque/Larry Robinson--Two excellent all-around defensemen make up an amazing third pair.

Terry Sawchuk--Simply the best NHL tender ever.

Ken Dryden--It's hard to argue with the kind of success he had, even though his teams were loaded.

Just imagine....

Power play units:

Lemieux/Gretzky/Bossy/Orr/Yzerman

Hull/Believeau/Howe/Bourque/Lidstrom

Penalty killers:

Fedorov/Yzerman/Lidstrom/Shore

Tikkanen/Kurri/Orr/Harvey

This team would be virtually unbeatable.

well, they are dream lines, so usually they are made up of the best possible players. good call on that one. :P

Howe-Gretzky-Bret Hull

Grinder-Playmaker-sniper

Lidstrom-Orr

defense-offense

Brodeur

An all-Russian line with that would be amazing, even though Ovechkin is n00b. I felt bad now putting Yzerman in, but I had to flutter the other center line with Gretzky/Lemieux. The 4th line was a semi joke, but it would still be destructive.

Jagr was quick 17 years ago, I thought we were picking players in their prime.

17 years ago Jagr was in Czechoslovakia.

[/font]

In Jagr's best seasons in the mid 90s, he was not terribly fast either.

Jagr is like Datsyuk--he has agility and is strong on his skates, but never had top end speed like a Fedorov, Bure, Modano, Kariya, or Mogilny, or someone like that.

Niedermayer won fastest skater in '04. Pavel was in there, but he stumbled right at the get-go so he didn't get as good a time as he should.

Pavel was in the competition, but finished last with a time just under 15 seconds. Even if you knock of a generous half second for the stumble, he's still at 14.342, which is not anywhere near top-end speed...Fedorov's best time is 13.51, and Niedermayer's is 13.56 (he won in 2004 with 13.783.

The only time I can recall Jagr participating in the fastest skater competition, mid to late 90s I believe, he clocked a miserable 15.5. With no stumble like Datsyuk, or clock mishandling like Ovechkin this year.

Jagr simply never had top end speed.

Niedermayer won fastest skater in '04. Pavel was in there, but he stumbled right at the get-go so he didn't get as good a time as he should.

After further research, you're right. Where in the hell did I read that he won? I clearly don't remember the actual event.