• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ZatasGirl40

4/7 GDT Blackhawks @ Red Wings...last game!

Rate this topic

From Snapshots

Lidstrom, Bertuzzi probable for Saturday

Todd Bertuzzi's determined to avoid his hard-hitting goaltender in today's matinee vs. Chicago:

April 7, Detroit Free Press: [T]oday's start will go to Chris Osgood, who also played Thursday at Chicago. That game ended in a 3-2 shoot-out loss, but the real pain came in the first period, when Osgood -- 5-foot-10 and, in his own words, a "ripped 180 pounds" -- collided with Todd Bertuzzi, who is 6-3 and around 240.

Osgood played on while Bertuzzi missed the last two periods after hurting his neck, but he practiced Friday and may play today.

"I just got a little whiplash," Bertuzzi said. "I'm still a little bit stiff, but I feel better today. I wasn't feeling that good after. It was Ozzie -- I didn't know he could hit that hard. I'm a little embarrassed on that part."

Dom even made a little quip about it:

"Oh, I was really glad it wasn't me," Hasek said, laughing. "It was really hard hit. I didn't even know they scored the goal. I watched Ozzie flying towards the boards, then I see they score a goal."

It's nice to see everyone playing in the sandbox together and being good :)

A united Wings is a successful Wings!

I love you, OZZIE! :crybaby:

GO OUT THERE AND SHUT THEM HAWKS DOWN!

GO WINGS!! JUST STAY HEALTHY.

A win would be great though, I want Ozzie's last game of the season to be a victory.

From Snapshots

Lidstrom, Bertuzzi probable for Saturday

Todd Bertuzzi's determined to avoid his hard-hitting goaltender in today's matinee vs. Chicago:

April 7, Detroit Free Press: [T]oday's start will go to Chris Osgood, who also played Thursday at Chicago. That game ended in a 3-2 shoot-out loss, but the real pain came in the first period, when Osgood -- 5-foot-10 and, in his own words, a "ripped 180 pounds" -- collided with Todd Bertuzzi, who is 6-3 and around 240.

Osgood played on while Bertuzzi missed the last two periods after hurting his neck, but he practiced Friday and may play today.

"I just got a little whiplash," Bertuzzi said. "I'm still a little bit stiff, but I feel better today. I wasn't feeling that good after. It was Ozzie -- I didn't know he could hit that hard. I'm a little embarrassed on that part."

Dom even made a little quip about it:

"Oh, I was really glad it wasn't me," Hasek said, laughing. "It was really hard hit. I didn't even know they scored the goal. I watched Ozzie flying towards the boards, then I see they score a goal."

It's nice to see everyone playing in the sandbox together and being good :)

A united Wings is a successful Wings!

LMAO. Osgood's 'ripped' 180 pounds. Gotta love that guy. Hilarious.

So Bertuzzi suffered a concussion from the collision! Babs just said that, and that the testing came out pretty alright in Chicago when he went to the Doctors. He'll definitely be ready for Game 1. I know it's kinda selfish but THANK GOD it was a concussion and not his back.

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU TOO, TERRI & EVERYONE ELSE!

Oh and Wings, please no I repeat NO overtime, no I repeat NO shoot outs because I'll have to miss it because of Saturdays Easter church service. Plus I can't take to many more of those games so save them for playoffs, just in case, I'd prefer winning those in regulations too. :D