• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KOCUR

hockey playoffs the hardest thing to forsee the winner

Rate this topic

In the 95 playoffs when the wings were huge favorites to beat the devils no one realized that the devils lost to new york the year before in 7 games. of course the rangers went on to win the cup. In 97 phily was favored to beat us and we just took out colorodo in 6 in which colorodo swept the eastern conference champion the year before. My point is if this is any indication of who to watch out for? Buffalo lost in 7 games with all those injuries last year in the conference finals. Do you think we have improved enough over last year, and who in the western conference has improved over what they did last year ? obiviously anaheim added pronger San jose added guerin and nashville added dumont and forsberg. Under this thinking has Detroit improved theirselves as much or more as the other teams have? By the way sorry I spell so bad.

calder, Bertuzzi, HASEK

over

Williams, an ineffecitve samuelson (who will have a much reduced role) and a completly worthless manny legace.

yes we've improved in spades actually.

hockey playoffs the hardest thing to forsee the winner

QFT

IMO sports go from hardest to easiest in this order:

Hockey>Baseball>Basketball>Football

As far which team has improved the most? I have no freaking idea. Obviously Carolina and Edmonton couldn't keep up with all the other teams' improvements.

I agree hockey is the hardest to predict. It has been for years really. But the last 3-4 years for sure and even the last 10 years really too. I mean in 98 and 99 the top 3 teams in the east were knocked out in round 1. It makes it exciting overall, but nerve racking for me as a Wings fan. I will love to watch the other series for sure.

As for improving the Wild improved for sure. I agree the Ducks are last years team with Pronger. Now that is an improvment but I think they would be good without him maybe not #2 but they would probably be in the playoffs. Wings also improved. Calder has been good and is better suited for the playoffs than Williams was, Samuelson looked very nervous out there last year so that should be better. And the edge over last year is Hasek. Like Babcock said recently every time they, the oilers, went down the ice you were affraid it would end up in the back of the net. If a team is thinking that they are going to be playing scared. So they should have more confidence I would think.... and hope. Should be a fun playoff for all 8 matchups.

the ducks basically are who they were last year, just with pronger.

Yeah, you're right, all they added was Pronger....that's no biggie :rolleyes:

Also, Getzlaf, Perry and Penner are all more experienced and better players this year.

Giguere has also re-established himself as an elite goalie as well.