• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Schneids_is_awesome

Dan Cleary

Rate this topic

In all the shots I've seen of this moment (and in the live game footage) Bert looks really excited for Cleary and tells him something while hugging. I wonder if he was the one who told him to stall and then go backhand up high on Kipper. Remember, Cleary doesn't normally take shootout shots so he was in unfamiliar territory. Either way, Bert seems to be fitting in nicely with the team.

Please resign Bert Kenny!

esteef

He's been my avatar for a while for a reason.. Thank you all for joining my DC bandwagon. ;)

WHAT???

<------- see?

Breakaways - he's MONEY!

And what is a shootout but a 1 on 1 breakaway?

Remember, Cleary doesn't normally take shootout shots so he was in unfamiliar territory. Either way, Bert seems to be fitting in nicely with the team.

esteef

Lang looks super thrilled in that picture ^.

And Babcock looks pissed.

that's cuz he just chewed his gum for 2 seconds and then put it in the cup..

seriously.. wtf is up with that?

Edited by FireCaptain

I think he's been our best player this series. He's been giving 110% every shift.

Also, I've been very happy with Lilja's play since late in the regular season. Great turn around as far as his play has gone.

Clear is definately the next McCarty, which means, HE STAYS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!

YOU ROCK DANNO!

I like Cleary's play as much as the next guy, but what I am most impressed with is:

HIS BEARD!

hey speaking of beards, (still love shanny but) shanny finally shaved his, looked bad anyway coupled with the grey and the teeth knocked out recently, like he just crawled out of an alley after a long night of drinking.

now he looks normal again...hope the rangers can turn it around like we did vs vancouver in 02

back on topic....GO CLEARY!

my friend who just moved here just converted to becoming a Wings fan, cause he loves Cleary and hes from Newfoundland as well like Cleary.

Guys like that give us more fans, and other people will want to play here with someone like that.

now THIS is a good number 11 on the wings!

Edited by Wingsor

Cleary was drafted by the OHL Team in my hometown - Belleville Ontario (Belleville Bulls). I was actually able to attend the draft as it was held in Belleville that year, actually got a chance to see McCarty that day..anyways back to the story, I was also able to watch Cleary for the 3 years he was with the Bulls, the kid was amazing then, at times saying he was the next phenom - for 2 years he was one if not the best player in the ohl, then his life and career when south. As I knew these guys from talking with them outside of hockey he made some bad choices - I still blame the Bulls org for allowing these things to happen. Several players had a great future and the coach at the time ruined it for him. Myself and my entire family(I the only Wings fan in my family) are very happy to see that he is now turning into the player he was in the OHL...I am not sure who cleary has to thank, but something has changed and he is a very exciting player to watch,

FYI Bert and Cleary battled it out a lot in the OHL so I hope that both Bert and Cleary are back next year with the wings. Cleary may have taken a little longer to develop into an NHL star, but like I said we are all happy that he is turning into the skilled player he can be.

Go Wings!!!!!

Cleary was drafted by the OHL Team in my hometown - Belleville Ontario (Belleville Bulls). I was actually able to attend the draft as it was held in Belleville that year, actually got a chance to see McCarty that day..anyways back to the story, I was also able to watch Cleary for the 3 years he was with the Bulls, the kid was amazing then, at times saying he was the next phenom - for 2 years he was one if not the best player in the ohl, then his life and career when south. As I knew these guys from talking with them outside of hockey he made some bad choices - I still blame the Bulls org for allowing these things to happen. Several players had a great future and the coach at the time ruined it for him. Myself and my entire family(I the only Wings fan in my family) are very happy to see that he is now turning into the player he was in the OHL...I am not sure who cleary has to thank, but something has changed and he is a very exciting player to watch,

FYI Bert and Cleary battled it out a lot in the OHL so I hope that both Bert and Cleary are back next year with the wings. Cleary may have taken a little longer to develop into an NHL star, but like I said we are all happy that he is turning into the skilled player he can be.

Go Wings!!!!!

i think bert and clears will both be back next year....ill bet its priority with kenny

Guest LivingtheDream

In today's press they quote Cleary as saying Hank and Pavel won the game, but the guy is either too modest and/or just speaking about the winning goal. Dan Cleary won the game too. Man, you just can't say enough good things about Cleary. Clutch plays and the heart of a lion. Wait, don't lions sleep 20 hours a day? :-) You know what I mean!

Totally not taking anything away from Cleary or his tenacious forechecking, but Maltby did cause that turnover that led to the second goal. At this point who cares but just thought he should get SOME credit on that play for as much crap as he takes around here.

Just sayin'...

esteef

Go Wings!!!!!

hey belleville......can you please elaborate? what exactly 'happened' with Dano in the OHL? I'm not just curious, but really nosey as well.

Schneids on Cleary:

It's particularly gratifying for Wings defenseman Mathieu Schneider, who convinced Detroit general manager Ken Holland to bring Cleary into training camp on a tryout in 2005, when his once-promising NHL career was at a crossroads. Schneider and Cleary had formed a bond during summer workouts in the Los Angeles area.

"He's kind of been like a kid brother to me for a while. It's just amazing to watch him,'' Schneider said. "The way I see it, it's just been confidence in himself. We've seen it grow over the last two years. The player he's developed into is really the player everyone expected him to be years ago when he was drafted (13th overall by Chicago in 1997).''

Awwwww

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

hey belleville......can you please elaborate? what exactly 'happened' with Dano in the OHL? I'm not just curious, but really nosey as well.

I would prefer not to post what happened, it seems that he has really changed his life around and would not be fair to cleary to start posting all the things that happened