• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sting 11

POST GAME - Game 1 (4/26) SJ 2 DET 0

Rate this topic

Detroit had 27 giveaways, the Sharks had 5, you figure it out.

yeah that is pathetic we should never have 27 giveaways...let alone in a playoff game...good greif :crazy:

i didn't think so. but that's even scarier to me. they didn't look too motivated either and they still beat us.

The Wings didn't play their 'a' game. That is why they beat us. Sharks got lucky within the 25 seconds. That second goal was a fluke.

Truth be told, I wasn't impressed with either team tonight. This is not how the rest of the series will be..

nor did his 50 shots from the blue line right into shark bodies. i'm getting tired of schneider.

Schneider was great in the entire series against the Flames. He has one bad game now and you're going to give up on him?

That really was a pretty pitiful playoff game.

The Sharks outplayed the First Period, then the Wings realized that the Game had actually started. They just could never reach the level they needed to be. Sharks clogged up all the passing and shooting lanes.

I just hope that neither Wings Fans or Sharks Fans are trying to predict anything from this game. It was just ugly.

I hope the Wings will bring it in Game 2!!

Predict? No.

I am curious if Wings fans saw anything in this game that surprised them.

I thought the Sharks young defense held up very well. I agree Nabby was solid but didn't stand on his head or stole the game. He was as good as he needed to be. IMO, the defense gets much of the credit for the shutout.

The Wings didn't play their 'a' game. That is why they beat us. Sharks got lucky within the 25 seconds. That second goal was a fluke.

Truth be told, I wasn't impressed with either team tonight. This is not how the rest of the series will be..

Schneider was great in the entire series against the Flames. He has one bad game now and you're going to give up on him?

i hope the rest of this series isn't like this. :crazy: that was one boring playoff game! my heart was barely beating. against calgary i couldn't sit still for a minute and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest! :D

Trolls are not allowed on this board. Keep up with your posting and you'll see what I mean.

I'm sorry maybe statistics will keep me from being called a Troll. In the first period when it was still a game the Sharks were 2 for 10 shots on goal. Detroit went 0 for 11. Then they just sat back and dared the Wings to score. Amazingly enough nothing happened.

Nabby made 34 saves but Detroit didn't have many scoring chances. Our defense was willing to sacrifice their body and we controlled the puck:

Detroit had 11 takeaways, 27 giveaways, and 1 blocked shot.

San Jose had 7 takeaways, 5 giveaways, and 18 blocked shots.

Do the Wings know it's playoff time? They must cause they've been here year in and year out for more than 15 years. Thanks for the gift. San Jose appreciates it.

I'll go now...i'll be back on saturday crying tears into my beer when we lose.

We did not lose becasue of lack of effort, nor did we lose becasue we played a terrible game.

We lost because SJ, an extremely big, fast, and skilled team decided to stash 5 men behind the red line, and concentrate solely on defense.

Let's give credit where credit is due... SJ played a perfect road game. Period.

We must've watched different games....

i haven't given up on him by any means. but i am getting tired of him. we need seriously to stop shooting from the point right into opposing players bodies and he is our most frequent offender (other than maybe sammy :P ) but please don't put words into my mouth.

Hey All. Sharks fan here and watned to say hello.

I'm not looking to troll. I went through a few other boards first and found this one looks to be the most friendly. :D

Sharks played a boring game tonight. Was nice to see them win, but I was bored by the end of the game even with them winning. Detroit did a good job with the puck posession from second half of the first on.

I could see both the Wings and the Sharks seemed to be a little off. I'm looking forward to a good tight series.

I'm sorry maybe statistics will keep me from being called a Troll. In the first period when it was still a game the Sharks were 2 for 10 shots on goal. Detroit went 0 for 11. Then they just sat back and dared the Wings to score. Amazingly enough nothing happened.

Nabby made 34 saves but Detroit didn't have many scoring chances. Our defense was willing to sacrifice their body and we controlled the puck:

Detroit had 11 takeaways, 27 giveaways, and 1 blocked shot.

San Jose had 7 takeaways, 5 giveaways, and 18 blocked shots.

Do the Wings know it's playoff time? They must cause they've been here year in and year out for more than 15 years. Thanks for the gift. San Jose appreciates it.

I'll go now...i'll be back on saturday crying tears into my beer when we lose.

If you were a smart hockey fan, you'd know that while winning is a great thing, one game doesn't mean a damn thing. You'd also know that the Wings were NOT on their game tonight, if they were you can bet anything that the outcome would have been different.

Oh you're very welcome for your gift. Detroit will give you yours on Saturday.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

i really hate the trap and i can't stand teams that play it. I know this is going to be viewed as overt homerism but as a hockey fan in general i have zero desire to pay a couple days earnings to go watch a game were one team gets ahead by a few goals and then simple stays back in there zone and plays foozeball all night. Granted the wings power play was unearthly awful but seriously the trap has to go if we're to attract new fans. I realize that just reeks of sour grapes after being beaten but i just don't think it should have a place in the NHL. This would be why i cheer for a team like Detroit who's know for having good puck postion then a team like jersey or the wild. Every year in the playoffs same damn dog and pony show,...trap trap trap.

Hey All. Sharks fan here and watned to say hello.

I'm not looking to troll. I went through a few other boards first and found this one looks to be the most friendly. :D

Sharks played a boring game tonight. Was nice to see them win, but I was bored by the end of the game even with them winning. Detroit did a good job with the puck posession from second half of the first on.

I could see both the Wings and the Sharks seemed to be a little off. I'm looking forward to a good tight series.

welcome... should be in for a good one.

Is anyone else not worried at all?

As HC said, this game totally felt like a regular season game. Even when SJ scored it didn't hurt that bad. For some reason I have no worry going into Game 2.

As HC said, this game totally felt like a regular season game. Even when SJ scored it didn't hurt that bad. For some reason I have no worry going into Game 2.

i'm not that upset, truth be told. if we lose saturday i'll be worried.

no worries.

i really hate the trap and i can't stand teams that play it. I know this is going to be viewed as overt homerism but as a hockey fan in general i have zero desire to pay a couple days earnings to go watch a game were one team gets ahead by a few goals and then simple stays back in there zone and plays foozeball all night. Granted the wings power play was unearthly awful but seriously the trap has to go if we're to attract new fans. I realize that just reeks of sour grapes after being beaten but i just don't think it should have a place in the NHL. This would be why i cheer for a team like Detroit who's know for having good puck postion then a team like jersey or the wild. Every year in the playoffs same damn dog and pony show,...trap trap trap.

I also hate the trap.