• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grypho

Pro-Buffalo Canadians?

Rate this topic

Strangest thing here in Wuxi. I was at Ronnie's Aussie pub last night. All Habs fans that I know here, two of whom were there in the pub, are all rooting for Buffalo! Shocked the hell out of me. I said, "What about national pride, and the only Canadian team still in contention for the Cup?"

"Oh the National pride is still there, you just have to know where to look for it," grinned Francois, a huge hulk of an expat with a thick French accent. "Think about it," he grins as he punches me in the arm, "More Quebecers playing for Buffalo. Same as Anaheim, look at their goal tender."

I jabbed back at him in his gut. "That's not National pride, you racist bastard, that's nationalistic local pride, you snooty Quebecer you!"

Francois laughs and shakes his head. "Nah, you just don't understand."

"No? Well I understand, 'GO SENS!'"

It would have been way funnier if any of the other Canadians were around to hear it. I can't wait to hand Francois a broom tonight time I see him. "Something needs sweeping, but the job's only halfway done so far. Would you like to do the honors, Francois, or should I offer this to someone from Canada who lives outside of Quebec?" :lol:

Is this a trend? Are there other Canadian fans here rooting for Buffalo?

Edited by Grypho

I told him that I picked Ottawa to win in 6, but that after watching Game 1, I think I might have screwed up by a one or two game margin of victory.

"Ah, that's just first game luck. Lots of nerves for both sides that needed to settle down. I'll be back to talk with you after Game 2, and then we will have a real discussion."

Yeah baby. Can't wait for that 'discussion'. I don't think I'll say a word. Why say anything when a simple smirk will suffice to say it all!

I jabbed back at him in his gut. "That's not National pride, you racist bastard, that's nationalistic local pride, you snooty Quebecer you!"0

Aloha Griff, ne pas le Quebecer n'est pasta?

I believe they're called Telephones now, or Frankfurters....France-elopes?

Anyways....was it wearing "deodorant"?

Quick tip.....get 'em talking about Lafleur..........then walk....no......tip-toe away. It's easy.

everyone is rooting for the sabers in vancouver

Last night I asked, "Francois, is this a secret Canadian conspiracy to jinx the Sabres? If so, it appears to be working."

(and Judging how Game 3 is now going, it looks like the Sens may be prepping for a sweep!)

Everyone in Ontario wants Buffalo to win, they hate Ottawa and Buffalo is kind of like a second team.

15% of Buffalo's season ticket holders are Canadians.

Too bad it looks like Buffalo is going to be swept.

I have heard a lot of leaf fans go to sabre games because they can not get tickets for their leafs.

I have heard a lot of leaf fans go to sabre games because they can not get tickets for their leafs.

That's true. Leafs tickets are two things: 1. Their expensive as hell, and 2. Their always sold out, despite the price.

Most Canadians usually root for other Canadian teams. It's all the same up there. They hate the US. Although I am a bit suprised that most are rooting for Buffalo over Ottawa.