• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukgrl_in_ATL

Did Game 2 cut out for anyone else? (Versus)

Rate this topic

So I am watching the game in ATL on versus, and what happens with 5 minutes left in the third period? My fricken screen goes BLACK. I thought at first it was maybe my entire cable box, but oh no....EVERY SINGLE OTHER CHANNEL WORKS!!!!!!

I call the cable company and they said oh, it must be a network outage and there was nothing I could do. So I had to try to watch for updates for an hour on ESPNEWS until it came back finally, and what do I see....the ducks score. It was truly a terrible way to end my weekend.

I HATE VERSUS.

i didn't have that problem, but i agree. VS is lame. I'd rather watch the games on FSN and get pre and post game coverage.

Not to mention the dumb saying the announcers on there come up with are irritating.

I didn't have this problem, but isn't their contract with the NHL coming up pretty soon?

I think VS and the NHL have extended their contract to around 2010.

To the original topic, I had a similar problem before game 4 of the Calgary series. All my other stations worked but for some reason, Versus didn't. Just went to a sports bar with Direct TV to watch it. S**t happens every now and then that is out of our control. It sucks, but what can ya do, not really healthy to contiually piss and moan about it.

And Versus coverage has been all right, I've got no complaints. After ESPN dropped NHL live games, I am just glad a network is broadcasting games, PERIOD. I don't need high definition, I don't need 2 hours of pre/post-game, as long as you give me a live game with a decent screen quality, I'm not that hard to please.

Versus is doing that, they are giving hockey and the NHL more attention than ESPN ever did in recent years. It's up to them and local cable providers to make the station more available in the years to come.

Versus is doing a satisfactory job.

Like I said earlier I don't get Versus at home so I have to go to the bar, so I cant hear the commentary or anything of the sort...seems it might be better this way, And I do think they do a satisfactory job as well, but one of my pals said they were thinking about resurecting that late 90's idea of a puck tracer...that would upset me greatly I hated that thing.

I don't mind the coverage they have on Versus, but i HATE when the games are only on that channel because i can't watch during the playoffs! (when im away at school i have comcast w/ Versus, but at home i have WOW) I only know 2 people that have Versus, and most people i know aren't willing to switch their cable just to watch hockey, so i think Versus kind of deters some people from watching the games. It really sucks that people who want to watch the game can't! :(

I don't mind the coverage they have on Versus, but i HATE when the games are only on that channel because i can't watch during the playoffs! (when im away at school i have comcast w/ Versus, but at home i have WOW) I only know 2 people that have Versus, and most people i know aren't willing to switch their cable just to watch hockey, so i think Versus kind of deters some people from watching the games. It really sucks that people who want to watch the game can't! :(

Do you have access to the internet while at college?

http://www.myp2p.eu/NHL.htm

Trust me, it works great, especially in the playoffs, when seemingly every game is telecast in Canada.