• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zeta Power 40

Free Agent Names to Look At

Rate this topic

Let's see where we have spaces to fill...

Zetts-Dats-Homer

Cleary-Handzus-Bert (sign him)

Malts-Drapes-Franzen

Laperriere-Flips-Grigs

Lids-Sarich

Cheli-Kronwall

Lilja-Sutton

Lebda, Kindl, Quincey, Ericcson

Hasek, Osgood

Trade Sammy an his $1.2m and we are OK!!!

Edited by Dominator2005

Chris Drury will be probably be making double his current salary in free agency (according to TSN). When it comes down to Drury and Briere, i'm pretty sure Drury will be the first one signed over Briere. And would you really pay Drury 6.something million bucks??! Honestly he's a great player but that price tag is too high.

I can't see spending the $$ on Drury (even were it less than that projection), although he'd be an amazing addition and would look pretty in red. It's also not KH style to get a guy like him when he's expensively hot, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Chris in Detroit a few years from now on the cheap.

Briere? Like him a lot, but SabFriend tells me that, while initially sold on him, he makes a lot of dumb mistakes (even in regular season) and can be as much of a liability as an asset. Make no mistake, he's a great player, but he gets easily rattled and I def don't want him.

We have to get someone who can stand up for our players. Think how many times Hasak was ran over, and how our pliayers were harrassed and threatened during the series. Belieive me than had an impact on the outcome of the series. You had players running our goalie over and punching him in the head and we do nothing. Holmstrom had his head bashed in, they were constantly taking liberties , throwing elbows etc. How many times did you see a wings player not play the puck in the corners on a dump in because they thought they would be smashed. Would they have done this stuff if Kocer or Probert was on the bench?

This team has a great core of players but we need to add some toughness like we did in 97 with Shanny and Kocer.

We have to get someone who can stand up for our players. Think how many times Hasak was ran over, and how our pliayers were harrassed and threatened during the series. Belieive me than had an impact on the outcome of the series. You had players running our goalie over and punching him in the head and we do nothing. Holmstrom had his head bashed in, they were constantly taking liberties , throwing elbows etc. How many times did you see a wings player not play the puck in the corners on a dump in because they thought they would be smashed. Would they have done this stuff if Kocer or Probert was on the bench?

This team has a great core of players but we need to add some toughness like we did in 97 with Shanny and Kocer.

Same thing with Buffalo v. Sens-- they were crashing the net on Miller, interference, holding, and tripping everytime Buf tried to dump it in, boarding (Alfy injuring Tallinder-- no call, BTW)-- stuff that would have never happened had they Scott Stevens on the bench, heh. Sens played physical (read: whatever they could get away with) against the skilled Sabres and came out on top same way Ducks v. Wings.

I believe that the Ducks will be far and away better at out-physicalling the Sens.Cheering Sens, betting Ducks.

Back OT: If this postseason has any lessons to take away, it's that tough guys are NOT a thing of the past. We need one badly. A big one. One that will sign his contract clause to castrate a certain Duck next year in blood... *dreaming bloodthirstedly*

Edited by RedRockit

I know I'll take heat for this, but:

Out with Lang and Draper (sorry but Drapes is simply not contributing like we need and we have plenty of leadership)

In with Drury and Gomez.

Datsyuk Filpulla Drury

Zetterberg Holmstrom Franzen

Bertuzzi Gomez Cleary

Now those lines clearly aren't set in stone, as there's a lot of overlapping at positions. But just imagine marching those 9 guys out there.

1. No trade clauses are only "worked around" when the player WANTS to leave. Please tell me how Holland is going to convince Draper to leave a team where hes won cups, played the majority of his career, and has his best friends. Im quivering in anxiety. Whats the secret?

2. You want to sign Gomez AND Drury AND Bertuzzi and your justification for that is that well be getting rid of Lang and Draper? Are you on crack? Cutting and Lang and Draper wont even clear enough space for DRURY let alone Gomez AND Bertuzzi. Not to mention, you think Holland can just go out and nab 2 of the most coveted free agents around this summer?

Guest jaytan

Out with Lang and Draper (sorry but Drapes is simply not contributing like we need and we have plenty of leadership)

You're insane.

I agree that Lang needs to be kicked to the curb, but Draper brings a lot to this franchise and needs to remain in Detroit for the remainder of his career. He has earned that respect, and the fact that he's been through it all is big.

i didnt see any mention of toskala. if dom were to call it quits , id go after vesa.he seems to be one of the few goalies that will be out there that has a winning record vs our wings, and hed come at a pretty good price

Ive thought about this too, but its going to take a pretty penny to get Toskala. Toskala has shown he is a great goaltender while playing in front of a not-so-great defense and he costs 1.375 at that. That is a HUGE bargain in this day and age. Although, he only has 1 year left on his contract, so that may have an effect on his price tag, but undoubtedly a minimal one.

If Detroit wants Toskala, the Sharks will likely want a roster player given their performance this year and likely a defenseman. I wouldnt be surprised to see Niklas Kronwall as the asking price for Toskala, along with some smaller pieces to the deal.

Guest jaytan

I agree wholeheartedly. This team is too pretty for the playoffs.

We need toughness, grit and some defensive depth more than anything else.

I say drop Lang. Re-sign Bert and Calder. Drop Hasek. Re-sign the rest of our Wings.

Pick up one defenseman and maybe a winger.

I like the idea of Pyatt too, but you guys can kiss that option goodbye. Pyatt had a career year with the Nucks and Vancouver will get him signed ASAP given their cap problems and Pyatt's low asking price. Its doubtful that Vancouver will let him slip away.

I like the idea of Pyatt too, but you guys can kiss that option goodbye. Pyatt had a career year with the Nucks and Vancouver will get him signed ASAP given their cap problems and Pyatt's low asking price. Its doubtful that Vancouver will let him slip away.

Pyatt would nice addition... but what about ARTYUKHIN????

Pyatt would nice addition... but what about ARTYUKHIN????

Artyukhin is not a UFA, he is an RFA. And for a guy who has only scored 13 points in his NHL career, he wants a lot of money (hence why he left Tampa to instead play in Russia).

Artyukhin is not a UFA, he is an RFA. And for a guy who has only scored 13 points in his NHL career, he wants a lot of money (hence why he left Tampa to instead play in Russia).

I know he's RFA - and Tampa will trade him... I don't want him to score 30 goals but he can bring other things that this team need = TOUGHNESS!!!

I know he's RFA - and Tampa will trade him... I don't want him to score 30 goals but he can bring other things that this team need = TOUGHNESS!!!

There are other guys who can bring toughness for a cheaper price. He wants almost 2 million (at least last summer he did), and that's just way too much for a fourth line forward.

Argh, don't go there.... look at his post F/O stats.

(no don't, it's FAR TOO painful)

He's got a no-trade clause, he's a Wing for life if he chooses to be. Regardless of his post-play this year, I'm VERY sure his presence on the team is a positive one (I hope I hope I hope).

I don't get it.

The stats I found for him in the postseason, he was 57% on faceoffs. that's pretty damn good.

And with Stevie gone, he's still easily one of the best faceoff guys on the team.

from foxsports

Goodbye to

Lang

Kalder

Samuelsson via Trade

Bootland

Norton

Hello to

McGratton/Laraque via Trade

Grigorenko

Sarich

Insert AHLer here

One other forward that I can't decide on

On the fence

Bertuzzi (Depends on money wanted)

Markov (Ditto)

Hasek (Ditto plus retirement)

Schneider (How bad is his injury?)

Lines (Always sucked at this)

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Kopekcy-Franzen-McGratton/Laraque

Grigs

Lids-Quincey

Cheli-Lebda

Lilja-Sarich

Kronwall, Kindl, Ericcson

Hasek? / Osgood / Howard

I'm not a fan of Osgood, never was. However, I wouldn't be upset to see Osgood and Howard to start the season and pick up a rent-a-goalie near the trade deadline if needed.

Also, I don't think that we'll see Howard play much as a Wing... like most our goalie up and comers over the recent years.

editied to add from Dominator2005 sig line and give a reason to get him...

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan
Edited by vangvace

There are other guys who can bring toughness for a cheaper price. He wants almost 2 million (at least last summer he did), and that's just way too much for a fourth line forward.

No way... He was asking for .900K... I don't know where did you found that info but it's not true!!!

I don't see why people want Draper gone. He had the one spectacular year and people expected for him to put up similar numbers. If you look past that Selke year his numbers have remained steady. He still has great speed for a team that is still lacking, and he is still a dominate Penalty Killer. The fact remains he has one more year left on his contract and a no trade clause so you're stuck with him either way.

As for Lang, I'm glad he's gone. That's 3.8 million to spend elsewhere for a much more productive player.

I want Bertuzzi back...If they can sign him for half of his current salary or less. One thing we will lose in Lang is size. Bertuzzi provides that. Hopefully a summer of rest can get his back completely healthy again. If he misses a stretch during next season we know we have some capable talent in Grand Rapids to help out.

Without going into certain players available I want to look at what the Wings glaring needs are. Obviously we need help on the powerplay. To me it almost looked like the Wings were looking for that one-time shot from a right handed shot (Shanahan), the only problem is that he is in New York. I haven't looked at the UFA class of 07' so I don't know if there is anybody out there to fill that void. Mikael Samuellson GET HIM OFF THE POINT on the PP. I realize he was taking over the injured Kronwall on the first line, but he'll still be on the point on the 2nd PP unit taking over the departed Jason Williams spot to go along with Schneider. I think that Sammy will be the Lang of next year. I will be glad to get rid of him after next year. I'd almost like to see what Val could do on the point.

Looking at the defense I'm just wondering about the future. I don't know that much about our defensemen in Grand Rapids (Kindl, Meech, Ericcson).I have a couple questions about them..1.What kind of defensemen are they(offensive defensemen, defensive defenesmen)? 2. Do any of them play on the PP? 3. How well do they move the puck? After seeing Quincey we know he can be a reliable 6th or 7th defensmen with the Wings current depth.

I know it would be nice to be Schneiders big shot back but did you guys notice how the PP started clicking for a couple of games after Schneider went down? I'd love to have his shot on the point but I think as far as the powerplay is concerned they put a little too much emphasis on schneid's shot. But then again if they had a healthy Bertuzzi or another big body in front, perhaps some of those juicy rebounds coming off Schneiders blast would go in a bit more frequently.

Guest Agalloch

In with Drury and Gomez.

Datsyuk Filpulla Drury

Zetterberg Holmstrom Franzen

Bertuzzi Gomez Cleary

Now those lines clearly aren't set in stone, as there's a lot of overlapping at positions. But just imagine marching those 9 guys out there.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever read. Draper is a shutdown player. Now, you probably don't know what that is, so let me tell you. He shust down the opposing team's top line. He's also a great penalty killer, and contributes offensively. Not to mention he's a flat out great person.

Your lines make no sense. Three centers as the first line? Also, do we not have a fourth line? HOLMSTROM IS THE CENTER ON THE SECOND LINE?!

And where the hell do you have the money to sign Gomez AND Drury?! We probably won't have enough to get even one of these guys. You say "I'll let Ken Holland take care of the money", um did you know there's this thing called a salary cap that is in effect? No?

Agreed.

If the Wings do sign Bert I'm guessing it's gonna be short term, and at a discount.

I know he was coming off surgery and missed most of the season, but I'm just not sold on his place with the team.

I agree. As much belief I have in Bert's ability to be a presence out there, he may be a lame duck next season. It might not be about the injuries by then.

I'm still pretty inclined to resign him at less, even knowing the risk. I haven't paid much attention to the free agent list and what they're all likely to ask for... especially with so many people shouting out ideas of "sign these top three forwards and I know Kenny can do it!" No, Kenny can't, unless he's figured out a way to get some of our returning squad to play for nothing.

I agree. As much belief I have in Bert's ability to be a presence out there, he may be a lame duck next season. It might not be about the injuries by then.

I'm still pretty inclined to resign him at less, even knowing the risk. I haven't paid much attention to the free agent list and what they're all likely to ask for... especially with so many people shouting out ideas of "sign these top three forwards and I know Kenny can do it!" No, Kenny can't, unless he's figured out a way to get some of our returning squad to play for nothing.

:clap::clap::clap:

This is all just supposition on my part...

Gone-

Calder

Lang

Sammy via trade

Schneider (I dont want it, but he is going to be able to get 4-5 million via FA. Thats too much)

Bertuzzi (I dont see him coming back unless he takes a 2-3 million paycut)

The way we look right now contract wise:

Zetterberg (2.6)- Datsyuk (6.7)- Holmstrom (2.25)

Cleary (662k)- Filppula (710k)- Samuelsson(1.2)

Maltby (883k)- Draper (2.1)- Franzen (941k)

Kopecky (450k)- - Grigorenko (858k)

Lidstrom (7.6)-

Kronwall (3.0)-

Lebda (650k)- Lilja- (1.0)

Osgood- (850k)

Carry over:

Hasek Bonus- 900k

Chelios bonus- 300k

It looks like Grigs will play, or his contract will allow him to go back to russia if he chooses. Will Kopecky stay up or play in GR? Can we please trade Sammy?

33.6 million (I think my math is right) :P

Projected Cap- 47 million

13.4 left to spend

Re-sign-

Hasek

Chelios

Markov

Hudler (RFA)

Winger options

Kozlov (A solid winger for about 2 million, would compliment Datsyuk)

Smyth- 3.5 is a bit pricey though...(Not for him, for our budget)

D options

Sarich is a steal at 1.9. If we can sign Schneids or Markov, id love to grab him.

One way we could look:

Grigorenko- Datsyuk- Kozlov (2.5)

Holmstrom- Zetterberg- Smyth/Bertuzzi/FA (4.0)

Maltby- Draper- Cleary

Franzen- Filppula- Hudler

Kopecky

Lidstrom (7.6)- Sarich (2.5)

Kronwall (3.0)- Markov (3.0)

Chelios (850k)- Lilja- (1.0)

Lebda (650k)

Hasek (1.2)

Osgood- (850k)

Hasek, Schneider, Markov and Bert's willingness to re-sign/asking prices will determine a lot of what we can/cant do.

Very true, that's why Laperriere, Sutton, Sarich or Rivet are need!!!

No way... He was asking for .900K... I don't know where did you found that info but it's not true!!!

Hockey Trade Rumors.com

It probably isn't true, since it's basically fans who post there anyways. If 900K is all he really wanted though, I'm sure Tampa would have givin to him. They are strapped because of the Big 3, but not that strapped.

I wouldn't mind Artyukhin if Tampa does want to trade him, since he basically burned his bridges over there. He would add much needed toughness.