• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DetroitIan

Does everyone want Bert to re-sign?

Rate this topic

You live by Ozzie and now supposedly Bert! Those are both your favorites. Luckkky!

I used to live closer to Ozzie, but when he moved back he's like 5 mins further from my house. He must not have warned Bert :P

Honestly, considering all Berts talk about how great this organization is, and how great the lockerroom is, I really believe that he will take a paycut to remain with the Wings. Im not sure how much we're talkin, but Im very confident in the fact that he won't ask for what he made last season. Players know that sometimes if you wanna be with a Stanley Cup contender, you have to sacrafice a little pay. ... Im very confident that not only will he re-sign, but we will get him for a reasonable price. No doubt in my mind.

I'm always pretty impressed by guys who take a cut for the good of playing on a contender, but with Bert there's also the fact that he probably can't go too many places that'll definitely chance on him. Less skilled teams will...

But not many of the organizations that already are Cup-ready necessarily'll think him that important. Regardless, I still think if he's willing to think more of the team than his own paycheck that's respectable, and with what he's said about the guys and the atmosphere of the club... that adds.

He's already a bit of a fan fav, but if he finds his niche again and starts skating next year... well, we all know it. He'll be huge in the hearts of Hockeytown.

i'd much rather have smyth. he is a year younger, has always played 60+ games a season since his first full year in the league and is really coming on as a player whereas i feel bert is declining, although some disagree.

it comes down to whether you feel bert can regain the form he had a few years ago. if the wings sign bert, i really hope it has performance clauses because a tweek of that back in mid october and we could watch the $5mil dollar man sit for the whole year.

Edited by njf520

Don't you think that Smyth is going to be way more expensive than Bert though? Also, we probably won't get him. So if we pass on Bert and then don't get Smyth we will have no one.

I'm not against Smyth...just think he'll be expensive.

Don't you think that Smyth is going to be way more expensive than Bert though? Also, we probably won't get him. So if we pass on Bert and then don't get Smyth we will have no one.

I'm not against Smyth...just think he'll be expensive.

i do think smyth will be expensive but having $3.8mil of lang's money will help. plus, many people are saying they want bert at $5mil. that's a lot for a guy with a limp.

i don't agree that if we don't get bert or smyth that we'll have "no one." we had a quite a year before bert came around. plus, there are other FAs out there, not just bert and smyth. gomez comes to mind.

ken holland will have a VERY good idea about what his chances are with smyth before he makes a move re: bertuzzi. you don't have to put all your eggs in the smyth basket.

Well, clearly, the rest of our team is great...I'm not knocking them, and there are other FA's in the world...BUT...I'd rather have Bert than most other FA's and I do think he will be considerably less than $5 mil, but only time will tell.

I'm sure Holland will do the right thing, but I hope the right thing is a re-sign of Bertuzzi because I do think that it would be a gamble that will pay off for Bertuzzi and for the Wings.

For a 1-year contract at under $2.5 million, I would say alright, but otherwise I would spend the money elsewhere. I just don't think the back will heal up to allow him to be the same player everyone is wanting him to be.

I'd like to see him signed to a one year contract. Let him have the summer to heal-up a little more, go thru training camp, play more than a hand full of games and see what kind of chemistry he can find.