• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

Getzlaf

Rate this topic

Give me one game where the mighty phucks won a game in that series and the wings played all out the entire game (i.e. didn't beat themselves)... and I will give you a game where Getsalaugh doesn't X-check like a hack.

i agree that getzlaf had his fair share of cheap shots but seriously...

with all due respect (and i mean that), why is it so difficult for you to admit that we were beaten?

i'm equally distraught by the loss but the playoffs (as you know) are all about

strange bounces of the puck, ugly goals, both teams struggling to find their game,

desperation, etc... all of which led to our boys from motor city being given a

premature ride home.

they had an amazing season.

personally, their success is tainted when i see people like you (whom i respect) continually

shining light on how they beat themselves. they gave what they had to give and unfortunately

came up a little short. another team walked away victors, of which they had a significant role in

achieving themselves... the series was not handed to anyone.

both teams played their hearts out, both teams deserved to win.

congratulations to the ducks (not phucks) for rising to the occasion.

the wings will return, and you better believe anaheim and their fans know that.

sorry for hijacking the original thread, which is why i wanted to comment on that as well.

getzlaf does NOT deserve the mvp more than JSG. the netminder is the biggest reason the

ducks have been fortunate to find themselves in the SCF, period.

Do you think he's got the potential to be the franchise player that the Ducks could build their future around??

Thats debateable. [sp] I think I need another year of seeing him play to to awnser that question. I guarntee that he will be a damn good player, but as far as the core of your team, and eveyone is built around you, I am not sure. If he turns into a roenick type, then yes I feel they can build there team around him. Especially if he takes up some leadership skills. He seems like the type that would be a strong leader and voice his opinion. Not a shy leader like Lidstrom. So we'll see.

What's your take on this?

Thats debateable. [sp] I think I need another year of seeing him play to to awnser that question. I guarntee that he will be a damn good player, but as far as the core of your team, and eveyone is built around you, I am not sure. If he turns into a roenick type, then yes I feel they can build there team around him. Especially if he takes up some leadership skills. He seems like the type that would be a strong leader and voice his opinion. Not a shy leader like Lidstrom. So we'll see.

What's your take on this?

I actually do think that he's got the potential to be a franchise player. He's been a solid player and has stepped up and been counted when it matters most in the Playoff's , As you said he seems to be a leader ,and is still pretty young and inexperienced, if he keeps improving the way he has been he could be a great player for years to come.

Guest ZDH

I'm guessing you spend alot of time at home sitting there in silence. :D

I'm guessing you're a complete dolt who has no idea what the hell he is talking about half the time. Hey if you're good at something, you may as well excel at it. It isn't my fault you're a douchebag. You may as well learn to live with it.

I actually do think that he's got the potential to be a franchise player. He's been a solid player and has stepped up and been counted when it matters most in the Playoff's , As you said he seems to be a leader ,and is still pretty young and inexperienced, if he keeps improving the way he has been he could be a great player for years to come.

He continuously makes great decisions with the puck and great plays in general. He plays the PK,POWERPLAY, and gets more minutes then any other forward for the ducks,i'd say hes already that guy for the ducks. The ducks are a very deep team contrary to what some might think,so it makes it easier for the kids to blossom into full time nhler's. Lets remember he is still only 22,lots of time to improve.

I'm guessing you're a complete dolt who has no idea what the hell he is talking about half the time. Hey if you're good at something, you may as well excel at it. It isn't my fault you're a douchebag. You may as well learn to live with it.

.,.,.JKDSANFCF.

Guest ZDH

Getzlaf, all kidding aside is a heck of a young talent. All kidding aside, Zamboni is a complete dolt.

Edited by ZDH

Nicely put. and I agree. I think he will be a pretty dominant player in years to come.

With a name like Getzlaf, why didn't he do what he was born to do, and become a comedian?

Im re-using my Getzlaugh really quacks me up joke.

Trevor Gillies is the reason we lost to the Ducks, not Getzlaf! Get it right people!

By the way, I'm prepared to give away a total of 1 internets if you can tell me who that is. Lou, I figure you should get this one. ;)

Trevor Gillies is the reason we lost to the Ducks, not Getzlaf! Get it right people!

By the way, I'm prepared to give away a total of 1 internets if you can tell me who that is. Lou, I figure you should get this one. ;)

Hes the bum that was part of the Rucchin trade. :D He dominated the wings indeed.

Getzlaf, all kidding aside is a heck of a young talent. All kidding aside, Zamboni is a complete dolt.

Two decent examples of how not to post. Cease and desist immediately.

Guest DetroitIan

Two decent examples of how not to post. Cease and desist immediately.

Not that im condoning any of this, but to single out just one from the fight is rediculous to do as a mod. Sure the names were childish, but come on, most of us are adults here, were not fragile little toddlers. If something is gonna be said about their dispuit you need to say something to both. Its takes two to keep the BS going, and they both kept it going. Learn to moderate correctly please.

Not that im condoning any of this, but to single out just one from the fight is rediculous to do as a mod. Sure the names were childish, but come on, most of us are adults here, were not fragile little toddlers. If something is gonna be said about their dispuit you need to say something to both. Its takes two to keep the BS going, and they both kept it going. Learn to moderate correctly please.

I'm sorry - I didn't realize you were the administrator who made me a mod. If you have a problem with something, take it to the PMs in the future, then I may be inclined to explain it to you.

Hes the bum that was part of the Rucchin trade. :D He dominated the wings indeed.

Correct. I'll send your 1 free internet via FedEx. :P

Actually though, as far as tough guys go, Gillies is no bum. He can really lay the beatdown on any opponents. I'm surprised that, with all the fighters the Ducks have this year, they didn't give Gillies a chance on the roster. He's skill is probably about the same as George Parros, and they wouldn't have had to give up any draft picks in the process. Heh, just my opinion though.

I think Burke is wrong when he says Getzlaf is "as good as he wants to be". I think Getzlaf is as good as Anaheim's style allows him to be.

He certainly has his moments where I could see calling his style "cheap" but so does the whole team, they play rough and when you do that its easy to take it too far. Having said that he is still young, and because of his size in conjunction with the style Carlyle plays he's more agressive than some. He is definitely going to use someone as big as Getzlaf to play rough thats how he coaches. But I think his offensive ability gets a bit forgotten in the Carlyle scheme of things.

As far as the cheap stuff goes, I say blame the refs for not calling him, or Anaheim players in general. Game 1 of the finals when he X-checked 4 times in a row before the call was made is a good example. He's going to do what he's allowed to without getting called. Thats the way overly physcial teams have always played, and its the way the Ducks have since Carlyle took over. If the refs let it happen its their fault for sucking, unfortunately fans and opposing teams pay the price. Its stupid but it works, if you want goals, momentum, and to win the corner battles and you're allowed to steal it without getting in trouble.....Then logic says keep stealing.

That approach doesn't always work, it didn't pay off for the Flames, but the refs have had their blinders on for the mostpart during Anaheim's games. They got caught with their hand in the cookie jar in game 3 of the WCF, but other than that they've done well with their strategy. When you play that physical you're going to take penalties, but they haven't taken enough yet to stop them from accomplishing their goal. So more power to them.

Anyway I digress, back to the topic of Getzlaf. Is he good at playing Anaheim's style? Yeah, sure he is. But someone with his talent will be good at whatever he works at. Personally I think he could be a 35+ a year goal scorer consistantly with a little more experience playing on a posession / speed team. Carlyle is using his size to play their game, but in another locker room someone might have him using his offensive skills alot better and more often. The guy has all makings of an elite power forward, it all depends what role he's given.

Thats not a knock on Anaheim, they're doing what works for them, I'm just saying if he were in a different situation he could be way more productive on the front end of the ice.

Make no mistake the kid is good, he'll become an elite player for sure, but the question is what type. He could be a goal scorer, or he could be a mule that goes and hauls the puck from people with his size and sets up plays. I dislike certain teams for certain reasons, but as a fan of the game itself you've got to acknowledge talent when you see it, and Getzlaf has it.

No matter if he ends up a physical battler, or a crafty scorer, either way you'll probably hear about him for a long time.

GO SENS!!!!