• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kp-Wings

John Muckler fired?

Rate this topic

Ok, I stumbled upon this page because I heard of rumours of Muckler being fired.

I myself am a diehard sens fan and would HATE it if he got fired.

I'd just like to point out a few things to you guys. The sens may not be a great playoff team but this year they finally pulled it together and gave it their all. They didn't "fall apart" in the final round, they simply got shut down. Their top defensive line cracked down on our offensive line like a whip and our contributors were 2-4. Then they take out the player who did the best the entire round. (even though he was on 4th line) Ottawa was jsut not used to the tough checking.

but anyways. Muckler physically could not get the good players this year before the trade deadline. We got comrie, great, he did lots for us. But we were already pushing the budget. We tried to aquire gary Roberts from florida, but guess who the coach/ gm of that team is.... Jaques Martin. Our former coach who we FIRED. He wouldn't give him to us. Plus, we had to get rid of Chara, he costed too much. It was either him or redden.

Also, Ottawa is DEFINATLY not the worst Canadian team out there. We have made the playofss 10/13 years (10 consecutive). I admit that our first couple of years were crap. (so are many expansion teams) but we have definatly pulled it together big time in the past 5 years.

IMO, Toronto are the biggest canadian losers. Losers since '67 actually.

Enough of my rant.... discuss.

I posted this in a recent thread of Dave Lewis getting the shaft. Other than hearing Muckler getting fired, I really haven't read too much into the situation but here's make take overall on these two firings...

I can definitely appreciate and understand having high standards and expectations in the corporate or sports world. I'm not saying not to strive for high goals. I might differently if I were the owner of a business, but for me at least though, whenever I read that somebody gets let go off extremely fast, a question of whether it's morally right to do this comes up. Sure we want to win obviously, but sometimes you have to keep your expectations in check and give people more time to achieve goals.

I didn't like Lewis getting the boot so early, and I don't know what the heck else Muckler has (or had) to do in his situation, managing a team that has been labeled as being subpar playoff performers over and over again in recent years, and finally playing extremely well to get to the SCF. 15 games in the first 3 rounds is a damned good record to get to the Finals.

What more do people need to do sometimes? Some things just don't make sense to me.

Ok, so I just heard that all the rumours were true and that he WAS fired. Bryan Murray was promoted to GM. You all can't say that he is a crappy GM because he has lead at least 3 of of his teams to a stanley cup final including the Anaheim ducks a little while back.

Ok, so I just heard that all the rumours were true and that he WAS fired. Bryan Murray was promoted to GM. You all can't say that he is a crappy GM because he has lead at least 3 of of his teams to a stanley cup final including the Anaheim ducks a little while back.

A fluke team riding a hot goalie doesn't automatically make you a good GM. That team wasn't that good, but all of there oppenents, until New Jersey, decided to roll over and die (including the Wings that year).

The team didn't perform well in the finals but it was the best year they have ever had. And maybe they would have done better if not for the 9 days off or whatever. They were on a roll. Like the Tigers last year in the playoffs. If they would have had 3 days off in between the series maybe they win. You don't know for sure but its possible. Like someone said if Muckler was getting fired he should have been fired when this team wasn't performing a few years ago. Like someone said if anyone should be fired it should be Murry but I don't think even he should. Maybe this team just wasn't quite there yet. It would have been like the Wings firing Jimmy D after 95. Can't get out of round one but when you get to the finals you're fired.

Jimmy D hasn't been the team's GM since 1990. Why would he have been fired in 95?