• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kindlwillbegreat

crazy trade proposal

Rate this topic

Sorry to appear to put words in your mouth that was not my intention, I was just grouping the two together because in my mine they are untouchable and need to stay with the wings!

Guest DetroitIan

im aware that this will never happen and since datsyuk played well this playoff season everyone will call me crazy and stupid lol .........but heres my idea ....... datsyuk to philadelphia for the 2nd overall pick and joni pitkanen (he's rumored to be on the trade block)

pitkanen is making only 2 million, hes 23 yrs old had 43 pts 6'3 213 pds here's some info ....

Assets

Has tremendous size and strength for the blueline position. Oozes offensive potential and displays plenty of grit, toughness and character.

Flaws

Will need to play up to expectations in a tough sports city (Philadelphia), which could be an intimidating factor throughout his career.

Career potential

No. 1 defenseman.

i think he could learn alot from the master lidstrom .................and this trade to me is more about landing kyle turris , i really love this kid and i wish there was a way to land him here i think hes gonna be unbelievable all around player and he can score alot as well , his role model is steve yzerman so i think it would be a dream come true to be here for him and i think he would just be an unbelievable redwing ...............he would be a yr or 2 away from joining the team , this deal would then allow us to get smyth

we'd have turris , a superstar in the making , a yr or 2 away and my roster for this yr would look like ....

trade lilja and samuelsson( not likely to be dealth, unfortunetly lol ) for picks

smyth (5.5) zetterberg ( 2.65) filppula ( 710k) (he did play alot on the 1st line last yr towards the end)

bertuzzi (2.5) forsberg (5) holmstrom (2.250)

franzen (940k) hudler (1) grigorenko (858k)

cleary (660) draper (2.1) maltby (888k)

kopecky (500k)

lidstrom (7.6) markov (2.5)

kronwall (3) pitkanen (2)

lebda (650k) chelios (850k)

quincey (510k)

hasek (2)

ozzie (850k)

smyth 5 yrs at 5.5 per

bertuzzi and forsberg at 1 yr deals

markov 1 or 2 yrs at 2.5 per

any thoughts ???????? let the bashing begin ! lol :)

:puke:

Turris may one day be a good player in the NHL but the fact that he's coming out of tier 2 junior hockey will allow me to withhold my judgement until the future!! He will not be coming to Detroit, neither will Floppa, and neither will Pitkanen and while were at it I don't think Smyth will be in the winged wheel either. He makes too much money. If we clear some room it might be worth a shot to try and land him but I highly doubt it!!

Sorry to appear to put words in your mouth that was not my intention, I was just grouping the two together because in my mine they are untouchable and need to stay with the wings!

i respect your opinion , if it was a perfect world then id keep the both and add those 3 guys but its not lol :P .....im saying zetterberg to me is the untouchable

Guest snowman89

im aware that this will never happen and since datsyuk played well this playoff season everyone will call me crazy and stupid lol .........but heres my idea ....... datsyuk to philadelphia for the 2nd overall pick and joni pitkanen (he's rumored to be on the trade block)

pitkanen is making only 2 million, hes 23 yrs old had 43 pts 6'3 213 pds here's some info ....

Assets

Has tremendous size and strength for the blueline position. Oozes offensive potential and displays plenty of grit, toughness and character.

Flaws

Will need to play up to expectations in a tough sports city (Philadelphia), which could be an intimidating factor throughout his career.

Career potential

No. 1 defenseman.

i think he could learn alot from the master lidstrom .................and this trade to me is more about landing kyle turris , i really love this kid and i wish there was a way to land him here i think hes gonna be unbelievable all around player and he can score alot as well , his role model is steve yzerman so i think it would be a dream come true to be here for him and i think he would just be an unbelievable redwing ...............he would be a yr or 2 away from joining the team , this deal would then allow us to get smyth

we'd have turris , a superstar in the making , a yr or 2 away and my roster for this yr would look like ....

trade lilja and samuelsson( not likely to be dealth, unfortunetly lol ) for picks

smyth (5.5) zetterberg ( 2.65) filppula ( 710k) (he did play alot on the 1st line last yr towards the end)

kopecky (500k)

quincey (510k)

hasek (2)

ozzie (850k)

smyth 5 yrs at 5.5 per

You are joke and should never post anything again, i am know more stupid for even reading the first couple lines, why would you even consider trading datsyuk???????????????? You dont sign someone for 7 years and then trade them 2 months later, its retarted you even considered this , you just wasted at least an hour of your life.

Turris may one day be a good player in the NHL but the fact that he's coming out of tier 2 junior hockey will allow me to withhold my judgement until the future!! He will not be coming to Detroit, neither will Floppa, and neither will Pitkanen and while were at it I don't think Smyth will be in the winged wheel either. He makes too much money. If we clear some room it might be worth a shot to try and land him but I highly doubt it!!

well thats why i said if we'd trade dastyuk then we'd have the cash for smyth :P ............never say never to forsberg we tried getting him at the trade deadline so we never know lol .........as for turris since hes a yzerman fan maybe yzerman can convince him to come here when hes unrestricted

You are joke and should never post anything again, i am know more stupid for even reading the first couple lines, why would you even consider trading datsyuk???????????????? You dont sign someone for 7 years and then trade them 2 months later, its retarted you even considered this , you just wasted at least an hour of your life.

LOL you hurt my feelings and i wont be able to sleep tonight , thanks alot ! LOL ...................you wanna get something good you gotta trade something good , especially with the cap to consider you gotta move higher salaries and lidstrom is retiring a redwing , i wouldnt bet everything i own on the fact that datsyuk will retire a redwing, zetterberg will be the one to hang em up as a wing

vancouver is after the 2nd overall to land turris and apparently holmgren is more then willing to deal the 2nd overall pick (moron) ----------and holmgren said he would deal his 2nd pick for a roster player

COLUMBUS, Ohio _ Vancouver GM Dave Nonis wants to pick Kyle Turris in the draft.

That means he needs the Flyers' No. 2 pick and he has offered to do a deal with Flyers' GM Paul Holmgren.

Vancouver has the 25th pick. The Canucks are one of several clubs, Holmgren said, who have called him about the pick.

"There's been a few calls, people fishing around to see if it is a possibility," Holmgren told me this afternoon. "Dave asked me, would you guys consider moving down and said we would. I had about 5-6 calls like that."

Holmgren said he would trade his No. 2 pick for a roster player or several picks.

The Flyers need to lose some salary in this draft this weekend and are looking to make larger deals or at least set the stage for some deals coming out of the draft.

The Edmonton Oilers are also interested in the Flyers' pick.

BTW: I asked New Jersey GM Lou Lamoriello whether he would ever consider the kind of deal the Flyers made this week with Nashville, allowing them to negotiate with a future free agent he would not be able to re-sign. To my surprise, Lamoriello said he would "never rule out" such a scenario.

Would you do it with the Flyers?

He smiled.

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

Guest snowman89

I never even considered for a second that you would lose sleep over my post,at least I hope you wouldnt, then you would be even more retarted than I previously thought.

I guess I should not vocalize my opinion about your opinion sorry....

I never even considered for a second that you would lose sleep over my post,at least I hope you wouldnt, then you would be even more retarted than I previously thought.

I guess I should not vocalize my opinion about your opinion sorry....

Dude I say post your opinions all you want just try not to attack people, calling some one retarDed is quite an insult!

By no means am I an angel we all get caught up in things but this just came off as you were bashing him not the trade.

Guest Crymson

i never mentioned anything about zetterberg , he should retire a redwing , datsyuk as good as he is i would consider doing that trade if it would mean getting up and comer turris, ryan smyth and pitkanen ........if im crazy so be it

heres some info on turris .............

Central Scouting Report: A skilled forward with great playmaking ability�€� has an accurate shot with a quick release�€� a fluid skater that has a nose for the net and the ability to control the flow of the game�€� not afraid of taking a hit and can perform under pressure�€� has good on-ice awareness and a good work ethic.

Hockey Profile: Scored 50 goals in first 39 games of 2006-07�€� had 13 multi-point games including three games with four goals in 2006-07�€� was second in the BCHL in scoring during the regular season with 121 points (66-55-121)�€� had 26 points in 14 playoff games in 2007 (12-14-26)�€� was named as the BCHL's Most Valuable Player as well as the MVP and the Top Forward of the Burnaby Express in 2007�€� won the Royal Bank Cup in 2006 (Canada's National Tier 2 Junior Championship) with the Burnaby Express - named the Tournament MVP after posting 13 points (7-6-13) in six games, including a hat trick in the final game�€� member of Team Canada's Under-18 Team in 2006 - had a goal and an assist in helping Canada win gold at the Junior World Cup�€� represented Team Canada at the 2007 Under-18 World Championships in Finland�€� played 57 games with the Express last season posting 72 points (36-36-72).

Personal Profile: Nickname is KT�€� wears #19 because of his favorite player, former Detroit Red Wing Steve Yzerman and because it was the number his dad wore - his father was a dominant player in the Western Lacrosse League for many years captaining the Vancouver Burrards�€� patterns his game after Steve Yzerman - "he's a great all-around player and a leader that is modest"�€� credits his parents and Burnaby Express coach Rick Lanz for having the most influence on his career because of their support�€� his pre-game ritual always includes a cold shower�€� if he could have dinner with any three people they would be: boxing great Muhammad Ali - "he was much more than a boxer", Neil Armstrong - "to learn what it was like to walk on the moon" and Steve Yzerman - "he's my favorite player"�€� most memorable game played: the last two games of the 2006 Royal Bank Cup because they had "dramatic finishes and were on the national stage"�€� most memorable hockey game watched: Team Canada capturing gold at the 2002 Olympics because of the "national pride in Canada"�€� he admires his parents - "they are the type of people I hope to become - respectful, honest and hard working"�€� favorites include: "shoot wherever a hole is, no deke" (shootout move), NHL 2007 (video game), Matt Damon (actor), Rachel McAdams (actress), Jack Johnson (musician), Remember the Titans (movie) and Seinfeld (TV show).

Statistics

Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM

2006-07 Burnaby BCHL 53 66 55 121 83

Alexander Daigle set records in his minors league. Patrik Stefan put up incredible numbers also, as did several other busts. CLEARY put up amazing numbers, and the first decade of his career sucked. What's your point?

LOL whats my point , obviously there is players that arent gonna live up to expectations but it doesnt mean turris will be one of them, cleary wasnt a potential 1st overall btw ........and i wasnt just putting up his point stats i was putting up the info on what the scouts say about him ...............anyways i just read some loser post this on hockeybuzz.com ..........LOLLLL the guys complaining about giving a high 20 pick and kesler for turris ........LOL

Don't do it Dave!

Today @ 6:12 PM ET | Comments (42)

I'm of the very humble opinion that trading Ryan Kesler and our first round pick to the Flyers for their # 2 overall pick would be a mistake.

It makes no sense to me to trade a proven potential Selke award winner for a young kid who hasn't even played at the highest level. Sure, Kyle Turris has been touted as a, "can't miss" but Kes is our prime defensive forward. He's money on the PK.

Brendan Morrison is available. Take him.

Don't do it Dave.

Thoughts?

...if Detroit wanted to trade up to #2, there are plenty of other ways of doing so in order to get there, without trading Datsyuk...

...we have a plethora of young talent in the minors along with players overseas that could land us a #2 pick. Fact is, the Wings have never (since Yzerman) had a top 10 pick that has turned out worth it let alone a first round draft pick either! (very few have remained in the organization.) Now if you start trading away your talent in order to trade up and the guy turns out to be a bust, now you're double screwed! The Wings are fine right where they are in the draft. If they take the guy that tsn projects them to take or the young d-man out of Gaylord, MI. they will be fine... Besides, they draft better from the back anyhow...

...if Detroit wanted to trade up to #2, there are plenty of other ways of doing so in order to get there, without trading Datsyuk...

...we have a plethora of young talent in the minors along with players overseas that could land us a #2 pick. Fact is, the Wings have never (since Yzerman) had a top 10 pick that has turned out worth it let alone a first round draft pick either! (very few have remained in the organization.) Now if you start trading away your talent in order to trade up and the guy turns out to be a bust, now you're double screwed! The Wings are fine right where they are in the draft. If they take the guy that tsn projects them to take or the young d-man out of Gaylord, MI. they will be fine... Besides, they draft better from the back anyhow...

ya well thats why i said datsyuk cause as good as he is he's one player , better off trading just him then say a combo of grigorenko/kindl/howard .................if it was possible id trade hudler plus our five 2007 picks lol , but the flyers wouldnt be guaranteed to get anyone with our high picks .........i know what your saying dude but i wish there was a way to land him , yzermans his idol so maybe yzerman can convince him to come when hes unrestricted at 25-27

Assets

Flaws

Career potential

No. 1 defenseman.

kopecky (500k)

quincey (510k)

hasek (2)

ozzie (850k)

smyth 5 yrs at 5.5 per

Wtf mate? This proposal is flawed in many ways;

Holland would never..ever..consider that. Why trade our franchise player for a young, relatively unproven defenseman? I realize you want to free up space for Forsberg and Smyth, and while I think Smyth is a great addition to any team - he is not worth a Datsyuk at this point. The chemistry between Pavel and Hank is unparalleled in the NHL. Why on earth would Holland consider splitting that up? The Wings seemed to be VERY close to having what it takes to win the cup this year, and I think Holland is going to keep the core of this team for kick and the Cup in 08. Retooling the whole team behind Forsberg and Smyth and dropping Datsyuk would certainly be a risk that very few, if any, GM's would think of.

As for Forsberg, i'd rather have a guy who plays 82 games with 90 points (Pavel) in my lineup than an aging star who scores 30pts in the 20 games he ends up playing all year because of 'injuries'. Besides, we have plenty of great youth coming up through the system on defense. Kronwall will be a top pairing defenseman within a year or 2, and Quincey and Lebda have the potential to be 3-4 d-men.

Wtf mate? This proposal is flawed in many ways;

Holland would never..ever..consider that. Why trade our franchise player for a young, relatively unproven defenseman? I realize you want to free up space for Forsberg and Smyth, and while I think Smyth is a great addition to any team - he is not worth a Datsyuk at this point. The chemistry between Pavel and Hank is unparalleled in the NHL. Why on earth would Holland consider splitting that up? The Wings seemed to be VERY close to having what it takes to win the cup this year, and I think Holland is going to keep the core of this team for kick and the Cup in 08. Retooling the whole team behind Forsberg and Smyth and dropping Datsyuk would certainly be a risk that very few, if any, GM's would think of.

As for Forsberg, i'd rather have a guy who plays 82 games with 90 points (Pavel) in my lineup than an aging star who scores 30pts in the 20 games he ends up playing all year because of 'injuries'. Besides, we have plenty of great youth coming up through the system on defense. Kronwall will be a top pairing defenseman within a year or 2, and Quincey and Lebda have the potential to be 3-4 d-men.

first , i think zetterberg is our franchise once lidstrom retires ......2nd if the two of them need eachother to be good then they dont deserve to get close to 7 million a season , players making that much money should make other players playing with them better , not that they need good players to be good .............i understand what your saying and i do realize it would probably never happen but if i was the gm id consider it , i find hard to believe youd think having datsyuk would be better then having forsberg and smyth combined , i do realize forsberg has been injured lately but when hes not hes at the top of his game and like smyh he shows up in the playoffs when it counts , smyth is also what we need in the post season a guy who hits and pays the price ( yes we got holmstrom but wouldnt hurt to have him in the team too) smyth plays with heart and determination when its all on the line

and as for pitkanen he could of replaced schneider whos likely to be gone after the ridiculous amount of cash timonen got , pitkanen is only 23 hes a big guy who can be gritty and physical and be offensive , its good to have lebda and quincey but it be nicer if pitkanen was in the mix as well with kronwall and kindl ........i understand why you and others are skeptic but in order to get good players you gotta give up some , especially now with the cap , you gotta be creative

hey on a sidenote guys i just read on the fourthperiod.com that the bruins might trade the 8th overall pick , i know it wouldnt be enough but it got me curious , just for fun ............what do you guys think is the much we'd be able to get for hudler ???? hes nhl ready, hes young proved he can score with his 15 goals with almost no ice time and no real scoring talent on his line .........what do you think he can get for us ?

Assets

Flaws

Career potential

No. 1 defenseman.

kopecky (500k)

quincey (510k)

hasek (2)

ozzie (850k)

smyth 5 yrs at 5.5 per

Holy s***, I think I just got a tumor from reading that garbled "English".

For the love of god, don't submit posts from your cell phone while drunk and under the influence of mental retardation.

*sigh*

Interesting idea, of completely insane, it was just as the thread title billed it. *that's assuming I understood your "writing".

Holy s***, I think I just got a tumor from reading that garbled "English".

For the love of god, don't submit posts from your cell phone while drunk and under the influence of mental retardation.

*sigh*

Interesting idea, of completely insane, it was just as the thread title billed it. *that's assuming I understood your "writing".

thanks for the feedback

first , i think zetterberg is our franchise once lidstrom retires ......2nd if the two of them need eachother to be good then they dont deserve to get close to 7 million a season , players making that much money should make other players playing with them better , not that they need good players to be good .............i understand what your saying and i do realize it would probably never happen but if i was the gm id consider it , i find hard to believe youd think having datsyuk would be better then having forsberg and smyth combined , i do realize forsberg has been injured lately but when hes not hes at the top of his game and like smyh he shows up in the playoffs when it counts , smyth is also what we need in the post season a guy who hits and pays the price ( yes we got holmstrom but wouldnt hurt to have him in the team too) smyth plays with heart and determination when its all on the line

and as for pitkanen he could of replaced schneider whos likely to be gone after the ridiculous amount of cash timonen got , pitkanen is only 23 hes a big guy who can be gritty and physical and be offensive , its good to have lebda and quincey but it be nicer if pitkanen was in the mix as well with kronwall and kindl ........i understand why you and others are skeptic but in order to get good players you gotta give up some , especially now with the cap , you gotta be creative

hey on a sidenote guys i just read on the fourthperiod.com that the bruins might trade the 8th overall pick , i know it wouldnt be enough but it got me curious , just for fun ............what do you guys think is the much we'd be able to get for hudler ???? hes nhl ready, hes young proved he can score with his 15 goals with almost no ice time and no real scoring talent on his line .........what do you think he can get for us ?

I would consider the Wings as one of the few teams with multiple 'franchise players'. While i personally think Zetterberg is more valuable to the team, Datsyuk's numbers dont lie. The euro twins plus Lidstrom gives the Wings 3 All-Stars who could easily be franchise players on other teams.

I think when most people think of the Red Wings, those are the big three that they think of as the players carrying this team. Holland has shown that he is committed to building the team around these guys, especially Datsyuk (hence the 7 year contract) and i really don't think he has the slightest inkling to trade any of these guys. Now I'm sure if Crosby was on the market that may change, but Holland is not going to trade the all-star plus the chemistry of Datsyuk for a young defensmen who is still a wild card, and the CHANCE at signing Forsberg (LONGSHOT), and Smyth, who I think is a longshot too. He is a great player, but does not really fit into the Wings system. The guy is a crash and banger, and while we all love to see our guys do that - Zetterberg and Datsyuk are more puck carrying players.

The plain and simple of it is that it is hard to imagine Holland totally overhauling a system which he seems to have been developing for the last 4 or 5 years.

Thats just how I see it. Why break up a good thing?

I would consider the Wings as one of the few teams with multiple 'franchise players'. While i personally think Zetterberg is more valuable to the team, Datsyuk's numbers dont lie. The euro twins plus Lidstrom gives the Wings 3 All-Stars who could easily be franchise players on other teams.

I think when most people think of the Red Wings, those are the big three that they think of as the players carrying this team. Holland has shown that he is committed to building the team around these guys, especially Datsyuk (hence the 7 year contract) and i really don't think he has the slightest inkling to trade any of these guys. Now I'm sure if Crosby was on the market that may change, but Holland is not going to trade the all-star plus the chemistry of Datsyuk for a young defensmen who is still a wild card, and the CHANCE at signing Forsberg (LONGSHOT), and Smyth, who I think is a longshot too. He is a great player, but does not really fit into the Wings system. The guy is a crash and banger, and while we all love to see our guys do that - Zetterberg and Datsyuk are more puck carrying players.

The plain and simple of it is that it is hard to imagine Holland totally overhauling a system which he seems to have been developing for the last 4 or 5 years.

Thats just how I see it. Why break up a good thing?

ya i know it would never happen but i would think about it , i like datsyuk and all but 7 yrs is a long long time and i think down the road when we need cap space we might regret having him , everyone wanted to get rid of him and now that he had one decent playoffs everyone loves him , next year if he tanks everyone will say ahhh you see hes back to his old ways trade his ass .......but i get what your saying i think we got alot of good playmaking skilled forwards i would of wanted to add someone like smyth to balance the team more , but i know we'd never trade datsyuk .....if it ever happens itll be 3-4 yrs down the road

thanks for the feedback

:clap:

I'm impressed you let me vent after work and took it positively. That's far classier then I'd be in your shoes.

Fix the way you post, but keep the ideas, excitement and attitude and you'll be a winner here.

haha here's a crazy trade proposal for you all

Boston gets: Sturm, Stuart, and wayne primeau

San Jose gets: Joe Thornton

as for pitkanen. we have some bad ass dman prospects. what we need is a 2nd line center. speaking of that. you want crazy? Wings sign Fedorov. now that would be crazy.

Babs wants to split up the Eurotwins. We need wingers. To be more specific, we need a scoring winger, a shooter, much like Karyia. Spare me the critiques on Karyia, it's just an example.

To be more specific, we need a scoring winger, a shooter, much like Karyia. Spare me the critiques on Karyia, it's just an example.

Give me a break..we need to at least sign a winger with a penis!! Anyways Teemu is going to retire and Paul is going to follow him to the neverland ranch!!

Give me a break..we need to at least sign a winger with a penis!! Anyways Teemu is going to retire and Paul is going to follow him to the neverland ranch!!

.I believe you are right about paul going back to the neverland ranch, be it with his sister teemu there or not...

Edited by Production Line