• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

'Hawks trade Aucoin to Calgary

Rate this topic

Im watching the TSN Draft special thing on TSN.

Darren Dreger just said that the Flames are interested in acquiring Aucoin from Chicago.He said it's very close to being a done deal. It has ties into Mike Keenan as the head coach because Aucoin scored 18 PP goals in 98-99 under Keenan in Vancouver.

If this happens , I dont know if Aucoin is any better then Stuart , in any case , it'd put alot of money towards Calgary's cap. And with the final year of Kipprusoff and Iginlas contracts , could make for an interesting trading deadline next season.

Thoughts?

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

If Chicago can get someone to take on his contract, I believe they'd do it as long as the return was very low-risk for them. Something like the Samsonov deal. There is potential for Samsonov to do well, but if he doesn't, he is a FA after this season anyhow.

If this move is made, I am surious to see what and who comes Chicago's way. Maybe it's a deal of Aucoin and some picks/prospects for Tanguay?

If Chicago can get someone to take on his contract, I believe they'd do it as long as the return was very low-risk for them. Something like the Samsonov deal. There is potential for Samsonov to do well, but if he doesn't, he is a FA after this season anyhow.

If this move is made, I am surious to see what and who comes Chicago's way. Maybe it's a deal of Aucoin and some picks/prospects for Tanguay?

Hahaha, I hope so for Chicago. I'd trade Aucoin for a draft pick. He's played horribly for Chicago and the fans wouldn't care if he fell down a well at this point.

Hahaha, I hope so for Chicago. I'd trade Aucoin for a draft pick. He's played horribly for Chicago and the fans wouldn't care if he fell down a well at this point.

I know it's out there as far as real return for Tanguay, but Calgary does need to move someone to get some decent Cap space to sign Kipper. They aren't going to do that by taking Aucoin's contract and not sending a big one towards Chicago.

I know it's out there as far as real return for Tanguay, but Calgary does need to move someone to get some decent Cap space to sign Kipper. They aren't going to do that by taking Aucoin's contract and not sending a big one towards Chicago.

Oh I agree with you on that one. They've got a pretty cramped cap right now, and to be honest, Iggy's lucky he's a huge fan fav because Kipper's going to get a huge chunk of change and something will have to give.... you're likely right about Tang, but I imagine he'd be traded for a few highly touted prospects or RFA that would come cheap?

I think aucoin can be a very good defenseman the fact is chicago is a losing culture which causes players who have played well elsewhere to play like crap EXAMPLE Lapointe cleary

Oh I agree with you on that one. They've got a pretty cramped cap right now, and to be honest, Iggy's lucky he's a huge fan fav because Kipper's going to get a huge chunk of change and something will have to give.... you're likely right about Tang, but I imagine he'd be traded for a few highly touted prospects or RFA that would come cheap?

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Aucoin and the first overall this year, for Tanguay and maybe Calgary's 2nd or 3rd round. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see Tanguay go elsewhere for a few kids.

I've read on a few different sites that if it came down to it, Iggy would be gone, and Kipper would be signed.

I think aucoin can be a very good defenseman the fact is chicago is a losing culture which causes players who have played well elsewhere to play like crap EXAMPLE Lapointe cleary

Maybe. My point was that he's not got much in the way of tradability based on his performances there. Whether or not he's worth it at all is what makes the difference between early retirement (not likely, he's not horrible, just not worth $4 mill) and another team picking him up.

Maybe. My point was that he's not got much in the way of tradability based on his performances there. Whether or not he's worth it at all is what makes the difference between early retirement (not likely, he's not horrible, just not worth $4 mill) and another team picking him up.

Can you believe they want people to pay to see the blackhawks on tv

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Aucoin and the first overall this year, for Tanguay and maybe Calgary's 2nd or 3rd round. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see Tanguay go elsewhere for a few kids.

I've read on a few different sites that if it came down to it, Iggy would be gone, and Kipper would be signed.

you wouldnt be surprised to see aucoin and the 1st overall for tanguay ?? LOLLL ya like the hawks are gonna give up the 1st overall pick to the flames just to get rid of aucoin's salary , come on man ........getting tanguay in return is laughable , calgary would have a parade if that trade happened

Big deal...the guy stunk out the place last year in Chicago.

Why do the Flames continue to get more and more defensive?

thats hilarious , no idea dude but thats just stupid on calgary's part ........maybe itll work out for them since he wont be the number 1 guy there but at 4 million thats just crazy , hawks caught a big break

you wouldnt be surprised to see aucoin and the 1st overall for tanguay ?? LOLLL ya like the hawks are gonna give up the 1st overall pick to the flames just to get rid of aucoin's salary , come on man ........getting tanguay in return is laughable , calgary would have a parade if that trade happened

Aucoin didn't carry much trade value, I'm highly interested in seeing what Calgary gave up for him. But if you look at things logically, which judging from your trade thread you have serious issues with, Calgary would want to move a big contract to clear room to sign Kipper. Whether that is with another team, or Chicago, who knows. You will see someone big leaving Calgary sometime soon.

As for moving the first overall pick, I wouldn't be surprised. There isn't a 'can't miss' in this draft. The top kids in this years draft would not have cracked the top ten in past years.

Aucoin didn't carry much trade value, I'm highly interested in seeing what Calgary gave up for him. But if you look at things logically, which judging from your trade thread you have serious issues with, Calgary would want to move a big contract to clear room to sign Kipper. Whether that is with another team, or Chicago, who knows. You will see someone big leaving Calgary sometime soon.

As for moving the first overall pick, I wouldn't be surprised. There isn't a 'can't miss' in this draft. The top kids in this years draft would not have cracked the top ten in past years.

Something big huh? How about Iginla to ... DETROIT!

Oh , how sweet that would be. (If we had cap space)

LOL ya i got serious issues with logic and your the one who thinks aucoin and the 1st pick overall could of been sent to the flames pls man dont talk to me about not being logical, who says the kids in the top 3 couldnt of been in the top 10?? just cause people say that its not a great draft year doesnt mean the top 3 are cant miss's .......yzermans draft year wasnt suppose to be good but there was good players that came out that year

your forgetting ......hamrlik,freisen,amonte and i think stuart are gonna be unrestricted so they got cap space to get aucoin , as for who the flames gave up maybe a pick and a player like Andrei Zyuzin .......if they send tanguay to chicago it would shock me , only reason theyd do that is to clear cap space to go after ryan smyth

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

LOL ya i got serious issues with logic and your the one who thinks aucoin and the 1st pick overall could of been sent to the flames pls man dont talk to me about not being logical, who says the kids in the top 3 couldnt of been in the top 10?? just cause people say that its not a great draft year doesnt mean the top 3 are cant miss's .......yzermans draft year wasnt suppose to be good but there was good players that came out that year

your forgetting hamrlik,freisen,amonte and i think stuart are gonna be unrestricted so they got cap space to get aucoin , as for who the flames gave up maybe a pick and a player like Andrei Zyuzin .......if they send to chicago it would shock me , only reason theyd do that is to go after ryan smyth

Do us all a favor and try to write in a coherent manner. I just read your post 5 times, and I still have no idea what you are trying to say in the second 'paragraph'.

I'll try to respond.

First, what is so crazy about the first pick and Aucoin going to Calgary for Tanguay?

Second, Smyth won't even consider Chicago. He'll have his pick of teams to play for. I can think of 20 other places he'd go before Chicago. Hell, he'd probably play here in Detroit for league minimum before he'd take league max in Chicago.

Do us all a favor and try to write in a coherent manner. I just read your post 5 times, and I still have no idea what you are trying to say in the second 'paragraph'.

I'll try to respond.

First, what is so crazy about the first pick and Aucoin going to Calgary for Tanguay?

Second, Smyth won't even consider Chicago. He'll have his pick of teams to play for. I can think of 20 other places he'd go before Chicago. Hell, he'd probably play here in Detroit for league minimum before he'd take league max in Chicago.

because there would of been no chance in hell that the 1st overall pick and aucoin would be sent for tanguay , makes absolutely no sense its ridiculous .........and as for smyth to chicago i was saying if the flames sent tanguay it would be to clear up space to go after smyth

because there would of been no chance in hell that the 1st overall pick and aucoin would be sent for tanguay , makes absolutely no sense its ridiculous .........and as for smyth to chicago i was saying if the flames sent tanguay it would be to clear up space to go after smyth

Why is there no chance that deal could have been made? Explain that to me.

As I said before, there are no gamebreakers in this draft. No one is this draft will be an impact player next year. Chicago needs help. And a lot of it. Calgary needs cap space to re-sign both Iggy and Kipper.

How does this not make sense?

As for Calgary clearing space to go after Smyth, but sending Tanguay for Aucoin. HUH?! They only gain $1, so how does that work? Again, Kipper and Iggy would be signed first.

As incoherent as kindlwillbegreat is, he is right. There is no way the 'Hawks would give up Aucoin and the FIRST OVERALL PICK for Alex Tanguay.

Tangauy is good. But defenatly not worth the Hawks captain and there first #1 pick in how many years?

I think we are all forgetting how rare the opportunity to pick first overall is.

PLUS, the Flames are short on offense already. I cant see them giving up a key ingredient to the only scoring line they have.

I dont know, it just doesnt make sense to me. I think they will just like Hamerik and Staurt walk onto the market on the 1st. That will save them some cap space.

Why is there no chance that deal could have been made? Explain that to me.

As I said before, there are no gamebreakers in this draft. No one is this draft will be an impact player next year. Chicago needs help. And a lot of it. Calgary needs cap space to re-sign both Iggy and Kipper.

How does this not make sense?

As for Calgary clearing space to go after Smyth, but sending Tanguay for Aucoin. HUH?! They only gain $1, so how does that work? Again, Kipper and Iggy would be signed first.

to "you" there are no gamebreakers.... patrick kane , turris and riemsdyk are gonna be really good players in this league and you think the hawks would trade one of them away along with aucoin to shed salary and get tanguay ?? thats just crazy .

patrick kane's got unbelievable talent , just cause theres no crosby doesnt mean the draft sucks , chicago needs help your right but they wouldnt trade away there future just to make the post season, calgary's got unrestricted free agents this yr ( hamrlik,stuart,amonte) that they can choose not to resign to save cash , which is why i wouldnt be surprised if tanguay went the other way so they get a defensemen back in line up and basically trade tanguay's salary and go for a ryan smyth .

.....trust me the flames dont need to shed cap space to keep both kipper and iginla i heard somewhere thanks to the canadian dollar being strong and all , that theyd raise the cap next year ,they'll be fine

As incoherent as kindlwillbegreat is, he is right. There is no way the 'Hawks would give up Aucoin and the FIRST OVERALL PICK for Alex Tanguay.

Tangauy is good. But defenatly not worth the Hawks captain and there first #1 pick in how many years?

I think we are all forgetting how rare the opportunity to pick first overall is.

PLUS, the Flames are short on offense already. I cant see them giving up a key ingredient to the only scoring line they have.

I dont know, it just doesnt make sense to me. I think they will just like Hamerik and Staurt walk onto the market on the 1st. That will save them some cap space.

incoherent lol ill let that pass :P ...........your a smart guy :clap: lol .........i can see them trading tanguay to go for a smyth though which i heard somewhere before that there really gonna push for him , i can see it happening it would be like smyths way of saying F-U to lowe and the front office

Edited by kindlwillbegreat