• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

wings should go after iginla next off season

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Who isnt interested in winning?

Goon or not he'd be a great addition to the wings. Would you have wanted Chelios or Bertuzzi if this topic was started about them before they were apart of the wings? No of course you wouldnt , but now everyone in Detroit loves Chelios and Bertuzzi.

I am not interested in winning at any cost. I do not want to see guys of Hartnell's ilk on this team, because they are utter goons. This team has integrity and I'd like to see it stay that way.

I did not watch hockey in 1999 when Chelios was acquired, and I was against trading for Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi, however, is not a goon; he simply committed one cheapshot which went terribly awry. Since then, he's been as meek as a bunny when it comes to hitting.

Yes; this does not surprise me, as you care nothing about lack of sportsmanship. You are only interested in winning at any cost.

Correct on both counts! Why should i care if Iginla wants to go after guys cause he's losing? Hell i'll be right there with my VCR rolling because i find him entertaining. Whether or not its sportsmanlike i could care less to be honest. I'd rather have a team that starts crap when theyre down over one that just takes a loss and does nothing whatsoever.

Guest DetroitIan

Brad May and Pronger are the only two Ducks who've done anything worse than Iginla.

Oh come on. Dude have you watched much of the ducks this season? Through center ice, I've watched around 20-30 of their games. And there were several times throughout those games where I seen just a basic dirty style of play. Coming from alot more than just May and Pronger. Thats for damn sure. And that was only the games I got to see. Hell, who knows what I missed in all those other games. Dirty team. :thumbdown: But for real though, Im not even bitching about them anymore, you just keep bringing it up. You're beating a dead horse. Because there is nothing you can possibly say to make me think otherwise on this matter. To me it etched in stone. Ducks are classless. But its all good. Especially once we're hoisting that Cup in June '08. :sly:

Oh come on. Dude have you watched much of the ducks this season? Through center ice, I've watched around 20-30 of their games. And there were several times throughout those games where I seen just a basic dirty style of play. Coming from alot more than just May and Pronger. Thats for damn sure. And that was only the games I got to see. Hell, who knows what I missed in all those other games. Dirty team. :thumbdown: But for real though, Im not even bitching about them anymore, you just keep bringing it up. You're beating a dead horse. Because there is nothing you can possibly say to make me think otherwise on this matter. To me it etched in stone. Ducks are classless. But its all good. Especially once we're hoisting that Cup in June '08. :sly:

Im not beating a dead horse, you wanting Iginla still just doesnt make sense to me (so i had to go back to the Ducks again). I know plenty about the guys on the Ducks and they are no different than the way Iginla plays. He would fit in PERFECTLY on that team actually.

See, i look at Crymson and although i dont agree with him at all, he's consistent at least with the type of guys he doesnt want on the team. But whatever, we just dont see eye to eye on this so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Guest DetroitIan

See, i look at Crymson and although i dont agree with him at all, he's consistent at least with the type of guys he doesnt want on the team. But whatever, we just dont see eye to eye on this so we'll have to agree to disagree.

No no, see Im very consistant. I don't believe Iginla is dirty and is ever out to try to injure anyone. Therefore he's fine in my book. So because you think he's classless and dirty, that makes me inconsistant??? Im very consistant, I don't want dirty, trashy, no respect for the game type players on our team. In my book, Iginla is not one of those guys. So bring him on. Simple.

No no, see Im very consistant. I don't believe Iginla is dirty and is ever out to try to injure anyone. Therefore he's fine in my book. So because you think he's classless and dirty, that makes me inconsistant??? Im very consistant, I don't want dirty, trashy, no respect for the game type players on our team. In my book, Iginla is not one of those guys. So bring him on. Simple.

I dont think Iginla is classless at all! He's one of my favorite players. Im going by YOUR definition, the impression ive gotten off of your posts. If you think the Ducks are classless, that makes Iginla classless cause he's no different than they are. Thats my point here. If you think there's a difference, imo there isnt one (and i think most, if not all, would agree with me)Thats what i mean by saying you arent consistent. Its like in baseball if you said you didnt want a guy on the Tigers who strikes out alot, but then support getting Adam Dunn. Know what i mean? If you dont want anybody who doesnt play a clean game, then you should not want Iginla.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Guest DetroitIan

If you dont want anybody who doesnt play a clean game, then you should not want Iginla.

Man on man you just don't get it. I DON'T THINK HE'S A DIRTY PLAYER. I don't know how many more ways I can say it. I think he has respect for the game unlike certain Ducks out there. I guaruntee most ppl here would say guys like Pronger are on their own level. And Iginla is NOT on that level. If you think he is, thats your opinion. Not mine. Therefore Im totally consistent. If I thought he was a player like Pronger, than no, I wouldnt be interested. But he's not, so Im all for bringing him on. Funny though that you say he's your favorite player, yet you yourself claim he's dirty. Interesting...

Man on man you just don't get it. I DON'T THINK HE'S A DIRTY PLAYER. I don't know how many more ways I can say it. I think he has respect for the game unlike certain Ducks out there. I guaruntee most ppl here would say guys like Pronger are on their own level. And Iginla is NOT on that level. If you think he is, thats your opinion. Not mine. Therefore Im totally consistent. If I thought he was a player like Pronger, than no, I wouldnt be interested. But he's not, so Im all for bringing him on. Funny though that you say he's your favorite player, yet you yourself claim he's dirty. Interesting...

You're not getting in my friend. For you to think the Ducks are dirtier than s*** and Iginla is clean makes no sense whatsoever. Its laughable....Im done. You are Jekyll and Hyde.

While I'm not supporting what Iginla did when the few games they lost to the Wings in the playoffs this season, anybody who says they wouldn't want him on here is kidding themselves.

He's got size, he can put the puck in the net, he's not afraid to throw his body around. And he wouldn't be captain if he was on the Wings here. Alternate at best, so his "questionable" leading tactics would be toned down by others.

He's just got to curb his temper a bit if games are in hand and his team is on the wrong end of the scoreboard.

I'm not expecting him on the Wings anytime soon but would I like to see him on the Wings in the present time? Hell yeah.

Guest DetroitIan

You're not getting in my friend. For you to think the Ducks are dirtier than s*** and Iginla is clean makes no sense whatsoever. Its laughable....Im done. You are Jekyll and Hyde.

Bulls***. I didnt say Iginla was an angel. I said he isnt like some of those Ducks. To compare Iginla to what the ducks did all year is laughable. INGINLA DOESNT TRY TO INTENTIONALLY INJURE PLAYERS. Bottom line. Jekyll and Hyde this buddy.

Bulls***. I didnt say Iginla was an angel. I said he isnt like some of those Ducks. To compare Iginla to what the ducks did all year is laughable. INGINLA DOESNT TRY TO INTENTIONALLY INJURE PLAYERS. Bottom line. Jekyll and Hyde this buddy.

Him jamming the knob of his stick on Schneider around the end of game 5 when the game was all but settled.....that wasn't intentional? The knob of the stick, if it hits Schneider in the wrong place, hand/wrist, and he's injured.

Im just itching to hear how Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, Penner, Pahlsson, Moen, Thornton, Beauchemin, Niedermayer(x2), Huskins, Dipenta, O'Donnell, Jackman, Parros, AMac, and Kunitz all play this dirty ass game compared to Jarome Iginla. Hilarious i tell ya!

Him jamming the knob of his stick on Schneider around the end of game 5 when the game was all but settled.....that wasn't intentional? The knob of the stick, if it hits Schneider in the wrong place, hand/wrist, and he's injured.

Thats really what i cant get over. For him to go on about how the Ducks are classless thugs and overlook this incident and want Iginla at the same time is what doesnt make sense.

Guest DetroitIan

Im just itching to hear how Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, Penner, Pahlsson, Moen, Thornton, Beauchemin, Niedermayer(x2), Huskins, Dipenta, O'Donnell, Jackman, Parros, AMac, and Kunitz all play this dirty ass game compared to Jarome Iginla. Hilarious i tell ya!

It is hilarious. Its hilarious that you are trying to argue your "favorite" player's dirty level. :lol: I never said "every single one of the Ducks are dirty". I said I noticed alot of their guys randomly throughout the year playing classless hockey. When I said "the Ducks", I didnt litterally mean every guy on their roster genius. I meant the guys that play dirty throughout the entire season. I don't care what you say kid, you're dead wrong if your gonna compare a player like Iginla to players that TRY to injure other players. Hilarious is right! :lol: But anyways I actually have a life so I'll be out for the night. So If you have any other "intelligent" statements to make. I won't be able to reply till tomorrow. Have a rockin saturday night in your parents basement. Peace.

The difference there was that Iginla was just giving Schneids the business with his stick.(Something that happens in almost every game). Iginla wasnt trying to "injure" Schneider. And the NHL agrees considering there was NO suspension for Jerome. I don't think that was right. But I tend to respect players more that dont try to put other players on the IR.

Im sure you could use a few beers after getting owned...later.

The difference there was that Iginla was just giving Schneids the business with his stick.(Something that happens in almost every game). Iginla wasnt trying to "injure" Schneider. And the NHL agrees considering there was NO suspension for Jerome. I don't think that was right. But I tend to respect players more that dont try to put other players on the IR.

Please list all of the Ducks suspensions throughout the season. Apparently, going by what you just said, any Duck that was not suspended offered no intent to injure. HAHAHAHA good one! You just ruined your entire argument.

Guest Crymson

While I'm not supporting what Iginla did when the few games they lost to the Wings in the playoffs this season, anybody who says they wouldn't want him on here is kidding themselves.

He's got size, he can put the puck in the net, he's not afraid to throw his body around. And he wouldn't be captain if he was on the Wings here. Alternate at best, so his "questionable" leading tactics would be toned down by others.

He's just got to curb his temper a bit if games are in hand and his team is on the wrong end of the scoreboard.

I'm not expecting him on the Wings anytime soon but would I like to see him on the Wings in the present time? Hell yeah.

I'm not kidding myself. Will you please stop being so pompous? Despite what you think, you are not correct in your constant allegations about people that, "stop kidding yourself, you hate x player now but I guarantee you'd love him if he played for the Wings."

You're wrong.

Guest DetroitIan

Im sure you could use a few beers after getting owned...later.

Please list all of the Ducks suspensions throughout the season. Apparently, going by what you just said, any Duck that was not suspended offered no intent to injure. HAHAHAHA good one! You just ruined your entire argument.

Try reading earlier posts their genius. I already stated that they were playing dirty DESPITE any suspensions. I was talking about the Iginla/Schneider thing because I was trying to make the point that Iginla didnt "try" to injure Schneids. And if you knew anything about hockey you would know there is RARELY suspensions in the regular season compared to the playoffs. And while the Ducks had multiple suspensions, Iginla had none. And since it was during the playoffs, if the NHL thought he was trying to injure Schneider intentionally, he would have got suspended. No doubt about it. So actually, congrats, you managed to make yourself look even more foolish. Man Im glad I checked this one more time before my boy Nick gets here, cause if anyone just got owned. It was you. Otherwise known as the stunt double for the guy in the movie "Powder". I mean seriously that must suck balls when your skin actually meshes perfectly with that Tigers jersey. HAHAHA! :lol: Later genius.

And theres you, with a name "Ian", who's facial color after getting embarrassed here in this thread probably matches his hair.

Wait, arent you the guy who said he said he doenst even know how to post his pic? haha.

You're a modern day genius.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Will you please stop being so pompous?

Pot, meet kettle. You act like a pompous a'hole in a majority of your posts. Oh geez, I can act like a jerk too!

Despite what you think, you are not correct in your constant allegations about people that, "stop kidding yourself, you hate x player now but I guarantee you'd love him if he played for the Wings."

You're wrong.

Who is to say you are right?

EDIT: People would like Chris Pronger if he were on the Wings eventually. :ph34r:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Guest Crymson

Pot, meet kettle. You act like a pompous a'hole in a majority of your posts. Oh geez, I can act like a jerk too!

Ouch! Clearly, being the big and bold man you are, you believe that two wrong somehow make a right. Dolt ahoy!

Who is to say you are right?

EDIT: People would like Chris Pronger if he were on the Wings eventually. :ph34r:

I am to say that I am right, because I would not like such a thing. Who are you to tell me what I'd like?

About Pronger: I wouldn't. So quit it.

Edited by Crymson

Guest DetroitIan

And theres you, with a name "Ian", who's facial color after getting embarrassed here in this thread probably matches his hair.

Wait, arent you the guy who said he said he doenst even know how to post his pic? haha.

You're a modern day genius.

Is that all you have for a comeback???HAHAHA! Ohhh nooo. My name is Ian, NICE COMEBACK!! LOL! Dude, you're an ugly troll looking mothaf*cker. Probably never got laid in your life. As soon as I can get my s***ty comp to actually add my pic. We'll see who looks like an albino freak and who's good looking. And dude, its time to get a girl in REAL LIFE instead of your CONSTANT hitting on HockeyCrazy3033. HAHAHAHA! :lol: Amazing how you agree with everything she says and then some. Dude you're a little pathetic loser. Deal with it. And next time bro, try to actually come up with a valid comeback before you get your ass schooled again. :lol:

Ouch! Clearly, being the big and bold man you are, you believe that two wrong somehow make a right. Dolt ahoy!

I am to say that I am right, because I would not like such a thing. Who are you to tell me what I'd like?

There you go again, acting condescending towards members again like you almost always do, and you clearly don't see it. :looney:

And while you may not like it, YOU cannot speak for everybody else on LGW, so you saying that I am wrong is being arrogant and "bold", as you say it, as well.

About Pronger: I wouldn't. So quit it.

Aw, but I want to keep playing. If I can't keep pushing Crymson's buttons, like you do to other people with your big/bold condescending attitude, I'm going to have to find other sources of entertainment! :crybaby:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

eva - Datsyuk is already signed, if we traded for and signed Iginla we would have to ship off Zetterberg to remain contenders.

In the real world of the salary cap, you can only have a few high paid stars. We have Lids, Dats and in a couple of years Z ( who is going to get a big raise). So there is no use in speculating about guys like Ryan Smith, Iggy, or Luongo unless you want to part with the high paid guys that we have. Not me.

First off, I will admit, I was one of the people on here after Game 5 when Iggy butt-ended Matty. I was running high on emotions, and the McLennan thing didn't help.

However, to say that was Iggy did to Matty now classifies Iggy as a dirty player is just wrong. The guy is no Stevie, I think we could all agree there. Iggy is a captain in the NHL, and that doesn't happen by accident (unless you play for the Wild).

Throughout his career he has shown that he has a bit of a short temper, but never done anything on any sort of consistant basis that would permit him to be classified as a dirty player.

He plays the game hard. Despite all of you who say they would hate him in Detroit, he would be loved.

I know it's been said, but if we fans can get passed Cheli coming here, we can get passed anything. Well, maybe not the Turtle.

Guest Crymson

He plays the game hard. Despite all of you who say they would hate him in Detroit, he would be loved.

Thanks for being the 57th person to attempt to put words in everyone's mouth.

Edited by Crymson