• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

detroitdeviant

How many here have played hockey?

Rate this topic

I've been playing in the beer league for about 4 years. I play Center in B league, and am trying to get my skates under me as netminder in pick-up games. I've only been playing in net for a month and I already sprained my MCL. I've been off the ice for 6 weeks and I'm about 85%. Its killing me, and I can't wait to be 100% and ready to play.

That is awesome!!

I would of never pictured you to look like that. You look too nice to be such an Ozzie basher. Haha :hehe:

:D Hey I don't do it that much anymore. Only when he deserves it.

I don't usually have the hockey hair going that much.....

You played at JLA, good for you, but man mad.gif

Heh, it was the thrill of the lifetime, I'll tell ya that! I really needed to be packing for my move, but I couldn't turn down a chance like that...

You wouldn't believe how much spring is in those boards. It's no wonder that we work that "Intentionally miss the net and have it bounce out the other side of the goal" play so much. The puck just ROCKETS off them.

The only thing that really sucked was that the guy who did my skates the day before did an absolutely god-awful job on them. I've got a picture where the side of my boot is touching the ice because when I pushed off my skate wouldn't dig in and it just kept sliding out. I was pissed when I stepped out on the ice.

It's amazing how even though I've played on Olympic sheets before, the ice at the Joe just feels big because of how huge the arena is around you....I was really hoping to score a goal, just so I could say I scored at the JLA, but an assist will have to do! If I get the chance to play again next year, I'd totally drive back from Madison to do it....

-Tim

I started when I was 7 and Im now playing for Liberty university..... Hey Wingsmachine91.... What Penn State team you play on... like location and Division... I played Main Campus D2 two years ago and then D1 main campus last year and we play D1 main campus again this year.... Maybe we have played against each other and didnt even know it.... haha

Played growing up and in my early 20's. Lots of pickup and pond hockey. Never played much real organized, but I played pickup with some guys who played in college and damn they made me look bad :D I would get stuck in net sometimes and it was insane. I remember the guys would say "great save man!!!" and all I was thinking to myself was thank goodness they shot it into my glove because I never saw it. :D

I started to play in a hockey school at 5, played in a team at 8 and I played in a team until I was 19, then I quit for a while. Started again at 21 and sucked. Now Im 28 and I only play on Sundays. I think my beerleagueteam hates me, they never tells me there will be a game. :unsure:

I almost qualified for the TV-puck team in my province Värmland :clap: for me...

Never played against any good players, Christian Berglund is probably the best one, but Ive been hit by HÃ¥kan Loob. :yowza: in a game just for fun... thats a merit. Hm also I was on the ice once when Fred Olausson shot a goalpost out of its bearings, but I suppose thats something everyone on internet does. ( on internet we are bigger better stronger... haha )

Wow what a long and succesful icehockey career.. :ph34r:

I've played some roller hockey, and a few times even pond hockey, but nothing formal. Just a bunch of guys (and a few times a chick) havin fun.

At one point of time I made my dad's year and got him some street hockey goal pads, me and him would go at it one on one just penalty shot after penalty shot in the driveway, it was great. I learned some respect for the old man's trapper hand, very quickly.

But playing in a league is on my list of things to do before I die get to old, slow and fat to do it.

Think I'd be a great 3rd line penalty box occupant winger.