• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

detroitdeviant

How many here have played hockey?

Rate this topic

I'm just wondering how many have actually played the game here. I started playing at 5 played in high school, played in adult leagues until I was 30(except for a couple of years I was in Arizona) , then at 30 moved to Ohio and due to Job and family duties, plus the closet place to play is an hour away haven't been able to play in any adult league for the last 7 years, though I do still get together with friends back in Mi and rent the ice and beat the heck outta each other. :scared:

I would love to play hockey, but everything around here is so darn expensive. So I usually just put on my skates and play rollerhockey with my friends outside everyday. I'm slowly buying equipment so that when I join a team later on I won't have to worry about all the gear.

out of all the places in the world i started to play in texas...i never played in michigan, just skated once in a while...then joined the military and moved to florida where i started surfing...after texas i put in for alaska cause i couldn't picture not playing hockey...we play here year round, it's awesome...after playing for 3 yrs now i moved up slowly from novice to beginner C...doesn't matter if i play on a novice team or an advanced team, as long as it's hockey....this $hit is more addictive then drugs...

ive played hockey since i was 4, been skating since i was 3. i played up until high school which did not have a hockey team, so i played high school baseball instead. Have not played competitively in about 5 years, but am now looking for beer leagues with my buddy. Just cant stay away any longer. Its an addiction any hockey player will tell you about it. Once a hockey player always a hockey player

I started playing in High school, went to college, played drop in every night for the first two years. Took a break for two years then started playing Mens League and Drop in. I play goalie.

I've played all my life, started when I was 5. I play at least once a week during the winter, but I'm taking this spring/summer off. I also coach a Bantam (13-year-olds) travel team in the same rink where I played as a kid.

I've been playing street hockey for the past 10 years, and about 5-6 years ago they put outdoor street hockey rinks in my city, so my friends and I have been utilizing those very well. As for ice hockey, I played through highschool, and now I play intermural at Western

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I'm just wondering how many have actually played the game here. I started playing at 5 played in high school, played in adult leagues until I was 30(except for a couple of years I was in Arizona) , then at 30 moved to Ohio and due to Job and family duties, plus the closet place to play is an hour away haven't been able to play in any adult league for the last 7 years, though I do still get together with friends back in Mi and rent the ice and beat the heck outta each other. :scared:

We have pretty similar stories. I played competitively up through one year of club hockey in college. After collecge I played a few years of both ice and inline. I'm 30 this year and the past couple years its been hard to find enough guys to field a decent ice team and I stopped playing inline so it's been a good year plus since i've played.

Wife and kids don't seem to mind much though b/c daddy doesn't come home aching and bruised anymore. :D

The only hockey I ever played was on a late summer vacation in Breckenridge just skating around on the ice warming up, along with another few times doing that at an ice rink where I went to college in Fort Worth, TX. :blush:

I wish I would've made myself try to get some skating lessons when I was in college there to eventually start playing. I can skate without making an idiot of myself, but I can't really skate backwards or fancy or anything like that. I then blew my ACL and MCL out playing basketball not too long before I graduated a few years ago, and haven't even tried to ice skate or roller blade since then. Kinda afraid on what it might do to my knee now.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Hmm, well I started when I was about 4, been playing in house leauges ever since. But now, since I am going in to 10th grade, I am playing summer hockey for my school. (Clarkston varsity) :D

Now from time to time I just go up at Troy with my friends and play some puck.

I love to play there, I go to as many dropins as I can.

I started skating as young as I can remember and I acctually started playing around 6 years old (became a goalie few years later). I still play to this day and am still a goalie.

Edited by bcwingsfan19

I have never played. I never learned to skate very well. That is where my fascination with the sport comes from. Its amazing to me what these guys can do on skates with out falling down..

When I say such n such a player sucks its a comparison to others or a remark about their attitude or work ethic. Any one of these guys could play circles around me. Of course they're NHLers so thats probably true for any of us.

Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

....and how do I get it to stop quoting in my replies?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Started at 7. By 12 made my way to tripple A. At 15 decided to pursue more of a football oriented hs carrear so moved down to double a for more playing time and dont play for my hs.

Started playing at 5 years old and still playing, no breaks (30 years old now). I took up competitive ball hockey as well about 5 years ago. I used to play 5 times a week back in high school, but now I only play ice hockey once a week and ball hockey 1-2 times a week (I suppose that a lot if you talk to my wife....especially now that it's golf season as well).