• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cicada

Work ethic tops on Babcock's list

Rate this topic

Unfortunately, a strong work ethic doesn't solve problems like a crappy power play, inability to get the puck out of our own zone for 2 minutes, and giveaways on shots 70ft from the opposition's net.

"Then, he saw a variably cloudy time in free agency as the Wings lost defensemen Mathieu Schneider and Dany Markov along with forwards Todd Bertuzzi and Kyle Calder. All the while, the optimistic Babcock chose to look at what he had to work with"

:lol: it doesn't even mention Lang!

Unfortunately, a strong work ethic doesn't solve problems like a crappy power play, inability to get the puck out of our own zone for 2 minutes, and giveaways on shots 70ft from the opposition's net.

I think a good work ethic is the best possible thing for all of the mistakes you just listed...

I think a good work ethic is the best possible thing for all of the mistakes you just listed...

You'd think so, but we had a good work ethic in the playoffs and it didn't solve any of those problems.

Yea, they really suck don't they. Give me a break.

You'd think so, but we had a good work ethic in the playoffs and it didn't solve any of those problems.

Yea we really sucked in the playoffs.

Did the wings get swept in the playoffs or lose 7-0 in one game and I missed it.

It is not like the Duck swept the ice with the wings.

It was a hard fought series and due to a number of factors the Ducks won, just like in the sharks series.

It was a hard fought series and due to a number of factors the wings won.

It seems to me like people on this board forget that the games were tightly played and barring a few bad calls (btw happens every game), inconsistent power play, and opportunities missed the wings could very well have won the series.

Work ethic was not the problem, otherwise the team would have been buried in the first round by a hungry physical Calgary team.

Did the wings get swept in the playoffs or lose 7-0 in one game and I missed it.

It is not like the Duck swept the ice with the wings.

It was a hard fought series and due to a number of factors the Ducks won, just like in the sharks series.

It was a hard fought series and due to a number of factors the wings won.

It seems to me like people on this board forget that the games were tightly played and barring a few bad calls (btw happens every game), inconsistent power play, and opportunities missed the wings could very well have won the series.

Work ethic was not the problem, otherwise the team would have been buried in the first round by a hungry physical Calgary team.

I don't know if you noticed, but I said myself that work ethic was not the problem :) And you're right, it was a hard fought series, and the Ducks certainly didn't destroy us. In fact, I think the Wings outplayed them. Like you said, we lost due to a numbef of factors. Those factors are the ones I listed earlier. The ones that hindered our play all season long, the ones that Babcock and the good work ethic didn't correct.

Which Western Conference team had a better powerplay in the playoffs? Here's a hint: none.

did you see the little comment at the bottom notes?

Jiri Hudler, who contributed 15 goals with an average of just 10 minutes per game last season, could be a player to watch for the Red Wings with the departure of Todd Bertuzzi and Eric Calder to free agency.

Now's your chance, kiddo! Work for it and the coach will notice. I swear, Babs has something against this guy last season. :unsure:

So you are saying we should get a bunch of selfish players who dont work hard, and just care about the paycheck, that will make a great PP? Than rather have guys who work there ass off night in and night out. Give me a break. Thats the reason why they let go of the players they did. Look at Zetts and Lidstrom guys who will play for $2, than someone like Bert and Lang who dont do s*** and get paid around 4 mill a year. Good Job Mike bring on real players.

Go WINGS

So you are saying we should get a bunch of selfish players who dont work hard, and just care about the paycheck, that will make a great PP? Than rather have guys who work there ass off night in and night out. Give me a break. Thats the reason why they let go of the players they did. Look at Zetts and Lidstrom guys who will play for $2, than someone like Bert and Lang who dont do s*** and get paid around 4 mill a year. Good Job Mike bring on real players.

Go WINGS

I agree. However, I doubt that Z will be willing to play for $2 million for long, and as far as Lidtrom taking that big a paycut, I'll have to see it to believe it.

Go WINGS

I don't know how the heck you reached that conclusion. We have plenty of talent for a good power play. The way it was executed was the problem, not the players. For example, Babcock made no adjustment when all our shots from the point were getting blocked, or when Lang repeatedly gave the puck away with the exact same pass in front of the net (which he has been doing the whole season).

Heaton: I didn't know that :blush: I was just going off of what I saw in Game 5 against the Ducks, which we would've won if we could just score one PP goal. Same with Game 4 where, as far as I can remember, we failed to score on two 5-on-3s.

did you see the little comment at the bottom notes?

Jiri Hudler, who contributed 15 goals with an average of just 10 minutes per game last season, could be a player to watch for the Red Wings with the departure of Todd Bertuzzi and Eric Calder to free agency.

Now's your chance, kiddo! Work for it and the coach will notice. I swear, Babs has something against this guy last season. :unsure:

Who the hell is Eric Calder? We've got another Rex on our hands here.