• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kozac

Datsyuk's stick

Rate this topic

A lot of people have been asking about Pavel's RBK 9k O-Stick and its public availability. Its finally here.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hockey-stick-o-stick-sr.html

The price? $229.99 RIDICULOUS!!!

I wonder how much RBK is paying Pavel.... it can't just be free sticks, skates and gloves.

Edit: Messed up the name in the topic, please correct it

Edited by kozac

whatever wood is just as good. those are the one i use anyways, i've tried those expensive sticks and they break easy and feel like your holding air. Everyones got there preference but they are not for me. I'll take my 2 wooden sticks for 20 bucks a piece. I can make 2 wooden sticks last me an entire year (about 40 games).

The New Warrior Kronik sticks are like 279 I believe.

I have the Kronik... even a few months ago when I bought it, it was 229.99 (just like the 9k0) and it has lasted me since May. That's probably one of the longest lasting composite sticks I've owned. I am very interested to try the new RBK though...

how about trying hockeytown authentics. when i was there a few months ago they had LANG's O-stick for around 150. dats was of course authentic game used BY DATS and like 300.

i'd check there if you wanna see what synergy and warrior and all those are about. they had a HUDS synergy ST for 50. thats right $50!!! too bad i'm a righty...

Edited by sergei_is_still_a_wing

Thats a shame, because i hear they break like toothpicks...

I wouldn't say really easily broken, but they do get broken easier than wooden sticks... Usually the ones who say they break easily are the guys who play every day and have a boomer of a shot.

Also, they have very good warranties. Some stores provide 90 day warranties.

Guest snowman89

Not really. That's about the national average for a composite stick.

You are not talking about the US? I have had composite sticks for 4 years now and never paid over $150, the average for your wicked expensive sticks are about that.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

A lot of people have been asking about Pavel's RBK 9k O-Stick and its public availability. Its finally here.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hockey-stick-o-stick-sr.html

The price? $229.99 RIDICULOUS!!!

I wonder how much RBK is paying Pavel.... it can't just be free sticks, skates and gloves.

Edit: Messed up the name in the topic, please correct it

I'm so glad I retired. I wouldn't use one of those sticks if somebody bought it for me. And frankly, if I saw somebody using that thing, I would deliberately take my Sher-Wood and snap that ugly sum'***** in half. Then I would secretly chuckle as the poor sap skated to the bench crying over his broken jewel. Of course, i'm an asshat though which is why I would do something like that. :P

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I have the Kronik... even a few months ago when I bought it, it was 229.99 (just like the 9k0) and it has lasted me since May. That's probably one of the longest lasting composite sticks I've owned. I am very interested to try the new RBK though...

I'm curious, and this question is for you and the rest of the forum. For all those who would spend 150-200-250 bucks on a stick, are you that good?

What have you been able to do with these sticks? Are you one of the top players in whatever league you may be in, be it high school, beer league, etc....And is it because of or due in some major way to using one of these sticks. Would you be nothing without these sticks?

Did you ever use wood? If so were you a point a game player with wood and became a 3 point a game player with these fancy new sticks?

I'm seriously curious about what these sticks have done for people who aren't named Datsyuk or Kovalchuk. Are you a much better player now because of these sticks? Can you do things now you weren't capable of doing with a wood stick?

So your velocity may have gone up. Has that translated into more points/goals. If a decent wood stick costs 25-35 bucks, and these "super sticks" are upwards of 200 or more, are you producing at 9 to 10 times greater than you were with a wood stick?

In an already expensive sport, the super stick market is by far the most outlandish, unnecessary scam being perpetrated in hockey today. Telling kids they need to buy a 200 dollar stick when they can get something for 1/10th of that and it'll do the same goddamned thing is absurd.

Yeah, i'm a piss poor mood today. Don't anyone take it too personally.

Anyone who thinks a wooden stick is equal to a composite stick in relation to performance is ignorant. Wooden sticks lose their original flex within hours of use, a composite stick keeps the same flex for a longer period of time. If you know how to use a composite stick, it makes your shot better and helps your release.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Anyone who thinks a wooden stick is equal to a composite stick in relation to performance is ignorant. Wooden sticks lose their original flex within hours of use, a composite stick keeps the same flex for a longer period of time. If you know how to use a composite stick, it makes your shot better and helps your release.

I absolutely agree. And that's great if your name is Pavel Datsyuk and you are one of the best players in the world and you're competing against the best players in the world.

My question is what has it actually done for anybody here? I want to hear how somebody is just so much better now because of their stick.

Did you go from being Kirk Maltby to being Brett Hull because of the improved release and velocity?

I'm just looking for a legitimate (in my mind) reason to pay through the nose for a hockey stick.

PS: Al MacInnis stuck with wood, it was good enough for him to beat guys using comps in the hardest shot contest. Why didn't their fancy sticks blow him out of the water?

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Guest snowman89

I'm curious, and this question is for you and the rest of the forum. For all those who would spend 150-200-250 bucks on a stick, are you that good?

What have you been able to do with these sticks? Are you one of the top players in whatever league you may be in, be it high school, beer league, etc....And is it because of or due in some major way to using one of these sticks. Would you be nothing without these sticks?

Did you ever use wood? If so were you a point a game player with wood and became a 3 point a game player with these fancy new sticks?

I'm seriously curious about what these sticks have done for people who aren't named Datsyuk or Kovalchuk. Are you a much better player now because of these sticks? Can you do things now you weren't capable of doing with a wood stick?

So your velocity may have gone up. Has that translated into more points/goals. If a decent wood stick costs 25-35 bucks, and these "super sticks" are upwards of 200 or more, are you producing at 9 to 10 times greater than you were with a wood stick?

In an already expensive sport, the super stick market is by far the most outlandish, unnecessary scam being perpetrated in hockey today. Telling kids they need to buy a 200 dollar stick when they can get something for 1/10th of that and it'll do the same goddamned thing is absurd.

Yeah, i'm a piss poor mood today. Don't anyone take it too personally.

I play in a beer league and actually it did probably double my points, 1. I am not that good.... 2. It did greatly improve the velocity of my shot and passing. 3. With the sticks being a lot lighter it does improve your stick handling and the quicker release of your shot. 4. I think having more expensive sticks makes more of a difference to your mid-tier player than it does to your top flight player personally. Till you get to reliability which is debateable either way, but I know Lidstrom breaks far less sticks now then when he had used those wood christian blades. 5. Obviously skill and know how does go alot into, do I NEED to spend $150 on a stick as opposed to a wood stick maybe not, but I like the way they feels, and it makes me more confident, I dont take take slap shots cause of the league I am in, so the stick lasts a long time, I am on a synergy now that I have had for about 1 and a half I think.

TRUE STORY

Obviously a composite stick does not take you from being Maltby to being Brett Hull, if that were the case Malts himself would have scored 40 goals this past season. It does not make you AMAZING...it helps your shot and your release. If you are not a good hockey player with a wooden stcik then you dont need to get a composite stick, you need to work on your skating and your positioning. Most people I know who have composite sticks including myself are good players who have had their shots become better by using a composite stick.

I wouldn't say really easily broken, but they do get broken easier than wooden sticks... Usually the ones who say they break easily are the guys who play every day and have a boomer of a shot.

Also, they have very good warranties. Some stores provide 90 day warranties.

i snapped mine a week after the 90 days :lol: i was of course pissed so i went with the Z-bubble and have been happy. i do want to try the new Reebok stick though, does anyone know the weight of it?

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I play in a beer league and actually it did probably double my points, 1. I am not that good.... 2. It did greatly improve the velocity of my shot and passing. 3. With the sticks being a lot lighter it does improve your stick handling and the quicker release of your shot. 4. I think having more expensive sticks makes more of a difference to your mid-tier player than it does to your top flight player personally. Till you get to reliability which is debateable either way, but I know Lidstrom breaks far less sticks now then when he had used those wood christian blades. 5. Obviously skill and know how does go alot into, do I NEED to spend $150 on a stick as opposed to a wood stick maybe not, but I like the way they feels, and it makes me more confident, I dont take take slap shots cause of the league I am in, so the stick lasts a long time, I am on a synergy now that I have had for about 1 and a half I think.

TRUE STORY

That's a great story. So for you it makes you more confident and you've seen an increase in your production of almost double. Cool.

Guest snowman89

I absolutely agree. And that's great if your name is Pavel Datsyuk and you are one of the best players in the world and you're competing against the best players in the world.

My question is what has it actually done for anybody here? I want to hear how somebody is just so much better now because of their stick.

Did you go from being Kirk Maltby to being Brett Hull because of the improved release and velocity?

I'm just looking for a legitimate (in my mind) reason to pay through the nose for a hockey stick.

PS: Al MacInnis stuck with wood, it was good enough for him to beat guys using comps in the hardest shot contest. Why didn't their fancy sticks blow him out of the water?

I think the difference between the $100-150 stick and the $200 plus sticks is mostly negligable personally, if you wait and get last years model stick you will be good enough especially for me,

I did not become Brett Hull, but I did get better,

In your mind it might not be worth, which is fine, some of the better players in my league still use wood sticks because they are just better,

Maybe AL macinnis was just better, what if he shot with a composite, maybe he would have been better, he did not need a harder shot, so he did not switch, if likes the feel of wood more power to him.

i snapped mine a week after the 90 days :lol: i was of course pissed so i went with the Z-bubble and have been happy. i do want to try the new Reebok stick though, does anyone know the weight of it?

I have a Stealth that weighs 395, and by holding the 9KO I think it is at least 10-15 grams lighter than the Stealth. But the two are probably in the same ball park.