• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lou_Siffer

My FF team

Rate this topic

Just had my draft yesterday. 12 team league, 15 players per team. I drafted 6th:

Starting lineup:

QB - Vince Young

RB- Frank Gore

RB- Maurice Jones - Drew

WR- Roy Williams

WR- Lee Evans

WR- Chris Chambers

K- Shayne Graham

DEF- Pittsburgh

Reserves:

QB - Trent Green , Brady Quinn :hehe:

RB - Julius Jones

WR- Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem

K- Jon Kasay (after naming off about 5 other guys who were already taken lol)

DEF- cant remember, had a few too many by that point!

I was really afraid to take Young because of the Madden jinx, but because of some bye week issues i didnt wanna take Cutler. I decided to go for a 2nd backup QB in Quinn just for the hell of it. Hey, you never know! Similar strategy was used for Bowe and Meachem...was pretty much all crap left so i went for the 2 1st rd picks and hoping one can emerge as a player. I do have legit sleeper belief in Bowe, Meachem is more of a stretch. If they dont do anything by week 4 its waiver wire time. Week 6 might be a rough one for me, as ill be having 3 players off, but i didnt wanna not take a guy i really wanted just because of one week. All in all im pretty happy, i think almost every guy i picked has a huge upside this year. Including Chambers, who now has a real QB in Trent Green. Hoping he can get back to what he was just a couple seasons ago. I do have mild concern in Gore just because its SF and they dont score alot, but we'll see. At pick 6 LT, Alexander, LJ, and Jackson all were gone. I didnt want Bryant Westbrook.

Thoughts?

Just had my draft yesterday. 12 team league, 15 players per team. I drafted 6th:

Starting lineup:

QB - Vince Young

RB- Frank Gore

RB- Maurice Jones - Drew

WR- Roy Williams

WR- Lee Evans

WR- Chris Chambers

K- Shayne Graham

DEF- Pittsburgh

Reserves:

QB - Trent Green , Brady Quinn :hehe:

RB - Julius Jones

WR- Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem

K- Jon Kasay (after naming off about 5 other guys who were already taken lol)

DEF- cant remember, had a few too many by that point!

I was really afraid to take Young because of the Madden jinx, but because of some bye week issues i didnt wanna take Cutler. I decided to go for a 2nd backup QB in Quinn just for the hell of it. Hey, you never know! Similar strategy was used for Bowe and Meachem...was pretty much all crap left so i went for the 2 1st rd picks and hoping one can emerge as a player. I do have legit sleeper belief in Bowe, Meachem is more of a stretch. If they dont do anything by week 4 its waiver wire time. Week 6 might be a rough one for me, as ill be having 3 players off, but i didnt wanna not take a guy i really wanted just because of one week. All in all im pretty happy, i think almost every guy i picked has a huge upside this year. Including Chambers, who now has a real QB in Trent Green. Hoping he can get back to what he was just a couple seasons ago. I do have mild concern in Gore just because its SF and they dont score alot, but we'll see. At pick 6 LT, Alexander, LJ, and Jackson all were gone. I didnt want Bryant Westbrook.

Thoughts?

First off, Chris Chambers is not going to put up the numbers you're hoping for. Miami offense is atrocious this year. Trade him. Second, you made a huge mistake by drafting a kicker and defense so high and it shows by your lack of depth in RB and WR. If Gore or MJD go down this year you are truly screwed. Also, why did you draft a backup kicker and backup defense? You can always find serviceable kickers and defense off the wire for your bye weeks.

I do like Young and Gore, but other than that there isn't much to get excited over. My advice is to get rid of Quinn, Kasay and your backup defense and pick up either two RB and another WR or three more RBs. Maybe Ladell Betts or Brandon Jackson. Brian Leonard might breakout this year too. Trade for Vincent Jackson and Santonio Homes. And where is your tight end???

This is how you draft a football team. Feel free to kiss the rings...

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Larry Johnson

RB - Brandon Jacobs

WR - Steve Smith

WR - Terrell Owens

WR - Marty Booker

TE - Todd Heap

K - David Akers

Def - Jacksonville

Reserves - Jay Cutler, Ahman Green, Brandon Jackson, Vernand Morency, Mark Clayton, Heath Miller

Miami's offense will be better this season with Cameron though. Who else is Green going to throw to? Trent Green isnt a world beater but he's the best QB theyve seen in quite a while. We dont start a TE, they just count as a reciever. Our draft rules are different than yours, we have to carry 2 D's and 2 kickers, hence why i drafted them.

You have some question marks yourself. The Giants offense will seriously suffer without Tiki, so i dont really care too much for Brandon Jacobs as your #2 RB. I doubt he'll get the big TD total you're banking on. Also I wouldnt be surprised in the least to see Tony Romo totally flop, which would also effect T.O. obviously.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

And wait a sec, where exactly is the logic of criticizing Miami's offense when you have Marty Booker as your 3rd WR? That doesnt really make sense. Chambers > Booker

The Giants offense will seriously suffer without Tiki, so i dont really care too much for Brandon Jacobs as your #2 RB.

Um... are you forgetting that they have some pretty decent WRs? The Giants offense will be fine. Looked great last night, before Eli & Jacobs going out of the game with injuries. Jacobs sprained his knee, and no work on what the deal is with Eli's shoulder. As far as Jacobs being his #2, he did put up some okay numbers last night. I def. think he should look at the waiver wire though. LJ should put up great numbers, so all he really needs is a 2nd back that will put up ~10 points a game.

Also I wouldnt be surprised in the least to see Tony Romo totally flop, which would also effect T.O. obviously.

Wanna take that back? He looked incredible last night, throwing for 4 TDs & rushing for another. Got me 40 Fantasy Points in the LGW fantasy league. Now, its not like the Giants defense is outstanding, but it isn't exactly horrible either.

What do you all think about my teams? I have two....

LGW Fantasy Team:

QB: Tony Romo Backup=Rex Grossman

WR: Steve Smith 3rd=Kevin Curtis

WR: TJ Houzh...

RB: Reggie Bush 3rd=Vernand Morency

RB: Jamal Lewis

K: Rams Kicker Backup=Kasay

DEF: San Fransisco Backup=Philadelphia

Friendly Fantasy Team:

QB: Drew Brees Backup=Big Ben

WR: Plaxico Burress Reserve=Isaac Bruce

WR: Hines Ward