• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Franzen out 3-4 weeks

Rate this topic

Guest micah
HR40, I'm shocked to see you condoning drunk driving.

I don't think he condoned anything....and even if he did, why would you ever be shocked by something somebody on the internet said?

Some of them:)

Yeah, they're my favorite team. But just like every other team in the league, they have some deadweight, some cowards, some guys with obvious skills that I still don't like, so on and so forth. I would like them much better if they didn't seem to be such a team of face-washing whiners. I'm of the oppinion that every man on the team should stick up for his teamates and for himself. Not everybody has to be a goon but everybody ought to be willing to risk a beating to stick up for his teammate or himself. How do youy say to your teamate who just got cheapshotted and is on his way into the lockerroom "it's okay buddy, we'll get 'em on the power play"? I love the Red Wings, but I hate that attitude.

And for completely unrelated reasons, Red Wings are the only workboots I'll buy. They're built well and they fit just right.

That's silly, your whining about having to watch a team full of whiners. BTW, who are the whiners on the Wings, and whom do they whine to? I guess not everybody in the world can be as "bad-ass" as yourself. There'd be some short careers if everyone ran around like Wyatt Earp on skates avenging all wrong doing. I'm of the opinion that a real tough guy is willing to take some shots for the good of the team, and doesn't need a hero to come rescue him. Yeah, I'd really love to see Z break his hand on someone's helmet, or Lids get his jaw wired shut going after boogard for a cheapshot on Lebda. I like the "winning" attitude the Wings have had for over a decade. Sounds like maybe Calgary or WWF might be more up your alley.

HR40, I'm shocked to see you condoning drunk driving.

:P

I don't think he condoned anything....and even if he did, why would you ever be shocked by something somebody on the internet said?

I'm a girl...and Izhar was joking. <_<

Oh...thanks Al.

Guest micah

That's silly, your whining about having to watch a team full of whiners. BTW, who are the whiners on the Wings, and whom do they whine to? I guess not everybody in the world can be as "bad-ass" as yourself. There'd be some short careers if everyone ran around like Wyatt Earp on skates avenging all wrong doing. I'm of the opinion that a real tough guy is willing to take some shots for the good of the team, and doesn't need a hero to come rescue him. Yeah, I'd really love to see Z break his hand on someone's helmet, or Lids get his jaw wired shut going after boogard for a cheapshot on Lebda. I like the "winning" attitude the Wings have had for over a decade. Sounds like maybe Calgary or WWF might be more up your alley.

I'm far from badass, I just appreciate my family and friends and won't allow them to be walked on. Wayne Gretzky didn't break his hand or his jaw in his fights, but he earned a bit of respect. Now granted, Lids and Z are way more valuable than a 4th liner like Gretz, but I give them enough credit that they wouldn't get broken if they decided to engage someone. (heck, Lids did once, and while he looked silly, he didn't get hurt) Note that I don't expect them to do it often - if it's two or three times in a carreer it might be enough -just show your teamates that you're there for them. "dude, I would have so totally had your back but my hands are way too valuable to the club" isn't an atrtitude that deserves an A or a C. My oppinion only.

I'm a girl...and Izhar was joking.

Meh, how was I supposed to know? I'm a bit relieved.

I'm far from badass, I just appreciate my family and friends and won't allow them to be walked on. Wayne Gretzky didn't break his hand or his jaw in his fights, but he earned a bit of respect. Now granted, Lids and Z are way more valuable than a 4th liner like Gretz, but I give them enough credit that they wouldn't get broken if they decided to engage someone. (heck, Lids did once, and while he looked silly, he didn't get hurt) Note that I don't expect them to do it often - if it's two or three times in a carreer it might be enough -just show your teamates that you're there for them. "dude, I would have so totally had your back but my hands are way too valuable to the club" isn't an atrtitude that deserves an A or a C. My oppinion only.

Meh, how was I supposed to know? I'm a bit relieved.

so who do you like? drake ... lilja? ... malts and drapes ... anyone else?

you make it sound like dropping the gloves is the only way to stick up for each other, and if a player doesn't do that he isn't a loyal teammate ... every time there is a scrum somewhere on the ice i see all of our players skating over and getting involved, sticking up for each other ... not the laissez faire you seem to think most of our team has ...

Guest jaytan

Usually, the injury is more long-term, occurs later in the season and strikes one of our most important players.

So I'm not too upset.

Guest micah
so who do you like? drake ... lilja? ... malts and drapes ... anyone else?

you make it sound like dropping the gloves is the only way to stick up for each other, and if a player doesn't do that he isn't a loyal teammate ... every time there is a scrum somewhere on the ice i see all of our players skating over and getting involved, sticking up for each other ... not the laissez faire you seem to think most of our team has ...

I think fighting should be a rare occurance for most players...and I loath KirK Maltby. :)

I like Cleary, I like Draper, Filpula, Drake, umm...the roster isn't really chock full of my faves right now, lol. I obviously appreciate Lidstrom's mad skillz. I like everyone one the roster well enough, except I really don't like Malts, Cheli or Hudler. Cheli and Maltby I don't like because they're pests but they refuse to answer the call. I appreciate a pest lik eIan Lappaerierre - if you're going to talk smack at least have the sack to throw down, otherwise keep your mouth shut.

I certainly don't want to see guys like Dats getting into fights, because let's face it, Martin st Louis would probably pound the snot out of him. I do think he should be willing to do so though, just because that's what good guys do when the situation demmands it. thankfully in today's NHL the situation doesn't demmand it often.

Yzerman was no fighter - but he had a handful of fights in his career. He was too valuable to loose, but he scrapped on occasion anyway, because the situation called for it. I don't think he was all that worried about his hands or his jaw, he was worried about standing up forhimself and his teamates. I strongly feel that a team captain should be the sort of guy that will not let his teamates get walked on. I love what Lids has done here, but I don't see the passion in him that makes him a good candidate for the C. My oppinion only, and the men whio are paid to make the decisions see it differently. Fine by me.

I don't think being involved in a scrum has anything to do with sticking up for people.

I think fighting should be a rare occurance for most players...and I loath KirK Maltby. :)

I like Cleary, I like Draper, Filpula, Drake, umm...the roster isn't really chock full of my faves right now, lol. I obviously appreciate Lidstrom's mad skillz. I like everyone one the roster well enough, except I really don't like Malts, Cheli or Hudler. Cheli and Maltby I don't like because they're pests but they refuse to answer the call. I appreciate a pest lik eIan Lappaerierre - if you're going to talk smack at least have the sack to throw down, otherwise keep your mouth shut.

I certainly don't want to see guys like Dats getting into fights, because let's face it, Martin st Louis would probably pound the snot out of him. I do think he should be willing to do so though, just because that's what good guys do when the situation demmands it. thankfully in today's NHL the situation doesn't demmand it often.

Yzerman was no fighter - but he had a handful of fights in his career. He was too valuable to loose, but he scrapped on occasion anyway, because the situation called for it. I don't think he was all that worried about his hands or his jaw, he was worried about standing up forhimself and his teamates. I strongly feel that a team captain should be the sort of guy that will not let his teamates get walked on. I love what Lids has done here, but I don't see the passion in him that makes him a good candidate for the C. My oppinion only, and the men whio are paid to make the decisions see it differently. Fine by me.

I don't think being involved in a scrum has anything to do with sticking up for people.

fair enough ... i know what you mean with malts, i like him but he does start stuff and skate away a lot, i would like to see him mix things up a bit more too ...

i don't know, Lids may not be quite the fiery leader that Stevie was but he has a quiet intensity to him that I think the rest of the team can still feed off of ...