• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bluedevils_13

Problems with DirecTV / Dish / Center Ice blackouts

Rate this topic

Here is what blows about Dish Network. VS is only available on the highest package, which for most people (at least those I've talked to) have no real need for the other crap that comes with the "upgrade" in the package. So, unless you have the highest package, you can't view any games carried on VS, even with Center Ice. I don't understand why that matters. I mean, we pay for Center Ice, we should get every freaking game. It really burns my coals to know there is a game on VS, that I could be watching, but it isn't available to me. especially when there are four or five Center Ice channels free.

:censored: Dish Network!!

I ******* cant even watch the wings on the internet!!!!!!!!!!! Blacked out on FSN Detroit, Blacked out on NHL center Ice, Blacked out on Yahoo sports video.

Am i Supposed to be a Boo Jacket fan now? Or a Preds fan. I dont ******* think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has to be related to the Wings not selling out the Joe?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Here is the latest from FSN Detroit:

The people at the national level of our company who deal with these issues just informed us that DIRECTV will now be restoring the 435 zip codes in time for Saturday night’s game (10 pm, Wings at Phoenix). Please tune in and let me know if you were able to watch it.

We’re happy to help -- just wish it wasn’t taking so long to get this rectified.

Thanks,

Tim Bryant

FSN Detroit

The Red Wings are on 636!!!

YES!!!!!

:yowza:

I got it on 636 here and NHL center Ice. My first live Wings game for this season.

Directv must be run by a bunch of goobers!!!!!

Thaks for the help FSN Detroit people, you have saved the seaon for me.

Here is the latest from FSN Detroit:

The people at the national level of our company who deal with these issues just informed us that DIRECTV will now be restoring the 435 zip codes in time for Saturday night’s game (10 pm, Wings at Phoenix). Please tune in and let me know if you were able to watch it.

We’re happy to help -- just wish it wasn’t taking so long to get this rectified.

Thanks,

Tim Bryant

FSN Detroit

I went through all the runaround with DirecTV also. I recieved a reply from FSNAnswerMan about zip codes 435xx

Only in Lucas county is the blackout lifted. Out here in Fulton county all 435xx zips are considered Poo-jackets territory.

I was told to purchase NHL Center Ice. I shouldn't have to.

FSN Detroit is my RSN. It should include all Detroit teams for me. Not all exept the 'Wings. I went through all this earlier this year with the Tigers. I only get RSN Ohio through the Sports pack purchase. Without the Sportspack FSN Ohio teams would be blocked out for me. All counties bordering Michigan should be able to get all the teams on FSN Detroit.

We have some people out there making decisions that have no common sense....... :crazy:

I went through all the runaround with DirecTV also. I recieved a reply from FSNAnswerMan about zip codes 435xx

Only in Lucas county is the blackout lifted. Out here in Fulton county all 435xx zips are considered Poo-jackets territory.

I was told to purchase NHL Center Ice. I shouldn't have to.

We have some people out there making decisions that have no common sense....... :crazy:

I was blocked on 636 and center ice here in Holland, ohio. Seems to be fixed now.

If you try center ice make sure you can cancel it, because its likely it will block Wings games also, which makes abolutely no flippin sense. (Stay on the line with Directv and confirm the wings come on or not.)

It was blocked on 636 for me as well as Center ice. Now that the ban has been lifted I get Wings FSN Detroit feed on both channels, never had that before. And center ice is playing both feeds for alot of fsn games as well. I can pick my anouncers. Thats different.

I was blocked on 636 and center ice here in Holland, ohio. Seems to be fixed now.

If you try center ice make sure you can cancel it, because its likely it will block Wings games also, which makes abolutely no flippin sense. (Stay on the line with Directv and confirm the wings come on or not.)

It was blocked on 636 for me as well as Center ice. Now that the ban has been lifted I get Wings FSN Detroit feed on both channels, never had that before. And center ice is playing both feeds for alot of fsn games as well. I can pick my anouncers. Thats different.

Glad to hear that someone south of the border can recieve FSN Detroit's "Wings telecasts.

Out here in 43567 Fulton Co. land we're still blacked out. From Swanton west Blacked out......

DirecTV replied via e-mail that they were complying with the NHL's new territory restructuring, that I could purchase Center Ice and to put pressure on the NHL through their fan feedback page. That is if it worked.. Tried that..Looks like I'll

have to snail mail them. Haven't heard back from the "Wings yet either. I feel like I'm drowning in a pool of 'BoooJacket Goo!!! We need to band together and bombard the NHL and the "Wings to try and get this changed.

National Hockey League

1251 Avenue of the Americas

New York, NY 10020

(212) 789-2000 :thumbup:

Or, use the "feedback" feature at NHL.com. :thumbdown: