• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Duck Guy

fire bettman Night

Rate this topic

He wasn't booed much in Anaheim. Which totally doesn't surprise me.

Me either. I hate to be pretentious and a conspiracy theorist, but ...

1 - Look at the city.

2 - IMO the NHL has been rigging the playoffs with phantom penalties etc. Dallas, Tampa, Carolina, Anaheim ... all Sunbelt teams propped up the commissioner and the BoG. They win and it builds fan interest, at least for awhile.

Fire Bettman night would be about as successful as Fire Millen day at a Lions game (well, every game is already that anyways in a way).

Me either. I hate to be pretentious and a conspiracy theorist, but ...

1 - Look at the city.

2 - IMO the NHL has been rigging the playoffs with phantom penalties etc. Dallas, Tampa, Carolina, Anaheim ... all Sunbelt teams propped up the commissioner and the BoG. They win and it builds fan interest, at least for awhile.

Oooh! Conspiracy theories!

In the case of Carolina and Anaheim, both teams we're much better than their opponents. Edmonton did take Carolina to 7 games, but really didn't deserve to be there. Heck, look at where they finished last year. They weren't even good enough to begin with.

As for Ottawa: although they did roll over and die completely, Anaheim was still the undisputed better team. It's hard to believe that now, considering how bad Anaheim is this season. If, say, Selanne and Neidermayer did stick around, and Pronger was not named captain (Pronger's captaincy in St. Louis proved he isn't capable of being one), you'd see the same Anaheim team that we saw last season.

Dallas was an obvious mulligan by somebody, and whether or not that was planned from the start (that is totally screwing Buffalo when it mattered most) remains to be seen. Dallas might still have won, since that happened in a Game 6 I believe. But, given the circumstances, someone's error mark did lead to a Sunbelt team winning over a northern team. Again, whether that was planned or not to screw Buffalo in some way still remains to be seen.

Tampa and Calgary was an even matched series. It was more or less Calgary's fault they lost, because they blew a 3-2 series lead going into Game 6.

You can make a case for the league conspiring against northern markets, but then again, not every southern team has beat a northern team. Detroit beat Carolina, Colorado beat Florida, Montreal beat LA, and so on and so fourth.

Edited by Kp-Wings