• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sirdrake1

has a referee or linesman ever fought a hockey player during a game?

Rate this topic

What's to stop Cheli from pulling the spine out of the ref that's in his way and then proceeding to attack other players with it then giving it back to the ref?

Chris "here's your spine back" Chelios

Chris "you didn't really need that kidney" Chelios

Chris "sorry I tore your arms off" Chelios

^All very appropirate nick names for Cheli I think

~"After 2 periods Anaheim seems to be getting their legs back" What, before they were skating around on bloody stumps?~

sometimes when fights break out during hockey games the linesmen and refs try to break it up by jumping into the pile and pulling out players. has a player ever taken this the wrong way and viewed it as if the linesmen was singling them out for a fight?

i've seen chris chelios pulled out of several scrummages and i know the testerosterone was flowing and he didn't realize who was pulling him up. did he ever haul off and KO the linesman? or better yet has he ever squared off at center ice with a ref? or are the linesmen strong guys? most refs look old, but so does chris chelios. :\

Odd post, interesting question though. The answer for Chelios is no, he wouldn't do that. Very few refs would want to be involved in that type of mess and most do not want to lose their job. The only thing that comes close is a ref and player getting into a verbal altercation. The one ref who would give it was Paul Stewart and he was very colorful in a lot of his responses. Being a former player he would not take much BS. There were a few linesmen that would be very aggressive in stopping fights. But most of these guys have retired and have been replaced by robots. So if you are really looking for an answer it would probably have to of happen way back in history, an amateur game or over in Europe.

Edited by Doctor G

What ref or linesman would be so stupid that he would dare fight Chris Chelios? I mean, what would stop Chris Chelios from literally ripping the guy's head off and tossing it over the boards?

Retired NHL linesman John D'amico could kick Chelios's ass. He was one tough sonofabitch. Can't recall who threw the punch, but he was nailed at least once that I saw. Cut himk pretty good. He didn't even flinch. A linesman is not going to fight though. Kind of a silly suggestion.

Retired NHL linesman John D'amico could kick Chelios's ass. He was one tough sonofabitch. Can't recall who threw the punch, but he was nailed at least once that I saw. Cut himk pretty good. He didn't even flinch. A linesman is not going to fight though. Kind of a silly suggestion.

Well he is retired but if there was one current NHL Linesman that could handle Chelios it would have to be Mike Cvik... that guy is like 6'8".. I can't remember which game is was but Detroit was playing someone and got in a bit of a scrum in front of the net and he reached in the scrum with one hand and grabbed a Red Wings player, maybe Maltby, by the jersey and with one hand hauled him out of the scrum like a rag doll.. I found it quite humerous.