• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Columbus Stomps on Chicago

Rate this topic

I didn't get to catch the game, but read the recap at NHL.com. Columbus beat Chicago 7-4, their first non-shutout victory. I thought I would bring this up seeing as how it's a Central Division matchup, and it really shows that both teams have improved in their quality of play, if not their records.

Not only that, but is Kane and Toews starting to worry anyone? Kane got 4 points in tonight's game. I guess if they were on better team maybe they'd be more of a concern, but it looks like Chicago's got their own Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Kane has 13 points and Toews has 7. Not bad.

For whatever reason this game was not on Center Ice. Too bad since it looks like it was a fun game. Central Division is much more competitive this year with exception on Predators (they are kicked by Los Angeles right now).

St. Louis won their game. They're only a point or two behind Detroit. A win against Vancouver is needed.

Guest Canadian Wings

We may have to start hoping that teams like St. Louis lose instead of expecting them to. Looked great tonight against the f***s, i mean Ducks...

Watched the game from the second row and that Kane-Kid is pretty good. Not exactly a showcase of great goaltending, and neither team impressed, but fun to see so many "old friends".

Interesting enough, 3 of the Blackhawks starting lineup were Red Wings-"rejects" (Williams, Lang and Sobel).

....and yes - Lang was lazy and he sucked, but Federov's still cruising.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Anaheim owns us.

St. Louis owns Anaheim.

St. Louis... owns us?

DYK? As of 10/24/07 every Central Division team has a winning record. Oh wait, Nashville has lost 6 in a row and looked horrendous. Where's Legionairre now to tell us how we overestimated the Preds fall this season? :P

Watched the game from the second row and that Kane-Kid is pretty good. Not exactly a showcase of great goaltending, and neither team impressed, but fun to see so many "old friends".

Interesting enough, 3 of the Blackhawks starting lineup were Red Wings-"rejects" (Williams, Lang and Sobel).

....and yes - Lang was lazy and he sucked, but Federov's still cruising.

Keep in mind it was only the 2nd game out of 8 where he's scored a point...

Guest jaytan

Chicago's got better forwards than us, and they're younger. Somehow, even Lang is playing decently. Hopefully, the Hawks will be somewhat competitive for a while so we can get that rivalry going again.

Go look at the Blue Jackets board on HF, see if they feel that way.

:lol: Yeah, their the authority on hockey over there. So according to them, only the stat sheet matters when it comes to playing good hockey? Glad I'm able to form my own opinions.

:lol: Yeah, their the authority on hockey over there. So according to them, only the stat sheet matters when it comes to playing good hockey? Glad I'm able to form my own opinions.

Let me make myself clear. The Columbus fans, the ones who see him every night, say that he's been playing exceedinly average and he only shows up on the odd shift. You disagree fine, but I think they're the ones who would be able to have the most informed opinion.

Let me make myself clear. The Columbus fans, the ones who see him every night, say that he's been playing exceedinly average and he only shows up on the odd shift. You disagree fine, but I think they're the ones who would be able to have the most informed opinion.

Why? Because I don't live in and root for Columbus means I can't watch the same games as them and have just as much as an informed opinion? All I'm saying is you felt the need to tell someone "Keep in mind it was only the 2nd game out of 8 where he's scored a point..." when all they said was "but Federov's still cruising." In which he can still skate with the best of them, no one said he was lighting up the scoresheet. All I said is there is more to hockey than a scoresheet, if you and some fans on HF disagree with that, I don't know what to tell ya.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Unlike some people, since I live in Ohio I get an additional feed on the Jackets games which sometimes don't air on DirecTV center ice. Let's put it this way, he's been average. And even though I got bashed to hell and back last year for saying it, i'll bring it up again. My friends in Columbus, who go to the damned games said he was average last year and he's been average this year. What do they know? Well, they're hockey fans to begin with, not Nascar fans just throwing in their 2 cents. These are guys I played high school hockey with, some of which that went on to play Division 1 college hockey, they know what they're talking about as well as anybody on these boards. Anyway, from what they're telling me, despite how well the team is playing (which is inconsistent at best), that Feds has been inconsistent as well.

He's like 38 years old now, hasn't been a + player since he left the Wings 4 years ago!!!!! He's got a whopping 3 points this season in 8 games, 2 goals, both on the Power play. His even strength abilities are diminished, etc, etc........

"oh, just put him on a better team"....that's what we always here. Well, sure, he'd probably post better numbers with better people around him like in Detroit, but he plays with good players on a team that's winning games and has a very well balanced, hard working style and he's doing zilch over there.

He most closely reminds me right now of Jeremy Roenick. A guy who can still play but is not even 1/2 the player he was 5 years ago.

Why? Because I don't live in and root for Columbus means I can't watch the same games as them and have just as much as an informed opinion? All I'm saying is you felt the need to tell someone "Keep in mind it was only the 2nd game out of 8 where he's scored a point..." when all they said was "but Federov's still cruising." In which he can still skate with the best of them, no one said he was lighting up the scoresheet. All I said is there is more to hockey than a scoresheet, if you and some fans on HF disagree with that, I don't know what to tell ya.

Ok bringback91. I wonder what's the reasoning behind that name... ;)

GordieSid&Ted cleared it up pretty well I thought.

[

He's like 38 years old now, hasn't been a + player since he left the Wings 4 years ago!!!!! He's got a whopping 3 points this season in 8 games, 2 goals, both on the Power play. His even strength abilities are diminished, etc, etc........

"oh, just put him on a better team"....that's what we always here. Well, sure, he'd probably post better numbers with better people around him like in Detroit, but he plays with good players on a team that's winning games and has a very well balanced, hard working style and he's doing zilch over there.

He most closely reminds me right now of Jeremy Roenick. A guy who can still play but is not even 1/2 the player he was 5 years ago.

:clap:

Can anyone say "bell curve". Yeah. He was great. He's 38 now. He went from one of the proudest organizations in all of pro sports to an upstart team. No suprise that he's average with the occassional flash of brilliance. We can't keep longing for the old Sergei. He's gonna skate nicely, play average, and drive his Ferrari.

Warren Miller is a dude who makes really radical skiing and snowbarding movies. My favorite quote of his is "if you are a better skiier at 41 than you were at 21, then you weren't much of a skier at 21".

Kane and Toews are already showing signs of brilliance on a fairly regular basis. Give these kids a couple years and a supporting cast that doesn't suck, and they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Hawks' fans just better hope that the front office doesn't pull some Islander-esque trades.

Ok bringback91. I wonder what's the reasoning behind that name... ;)

GordieSid&Ted cleared it up pretty well I thought.

It means I want him to stay as far away from the Wings as possible. BTW, I'm not seeing anyone from Detroits "2nd" line doing much better.

Gordo's stance on Fedorov is WELL documented.

Guest jaytan

Kane and Toews are already showing signs of brilliance on a fairly regular basis. Give these kids a couple years and a supporting cast that doesn't suck, and they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Hawks' fans just better hope that the front office doesn't pull some Islander-esque trades.

Maybe we'll take their talent off their hands in a couple of years. :lol:

Maybe we'll take their talent off their hands in a couple of years. :lol:

We should do that! :lol:

But I'm having doubts about Kane,I heard from some experts here that he'll get pushed around in the NHL.

I hope Filppula & Hudler will get pushed around too and soon! :sly: