• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

10/26 GDT: Red Wings 5, Guppies 1

Rate this topic

Yeah for tonight it was a goal, an assist, and a phantom goalie interference call.

The two goals and a phantom goalie interference call is for the other night, and I read that one on, IIRC, MacLeod's blog. So credit goes to him for the Holmstrom Hat Trick.

That's what happens when you completely dominant a team who has no passion at all.

They'll get their heads together some time in the next month or two.

As boring as the game was though, there was one good feature: for five minutes after the refs wiped the Z/Homer goal, you heard JLA come alive for once! :D

Great game tonight. It's always nice to put the Sharks in their place, since they always seem to get ahead of themselves and predict wins against us before the games even start.

Main points:

1. Excellent game by the following players: Z, Filppula, Lilja, Holmstrom, Maltby, Downey, and Ozzie. All of these guys played solid hockey.

2. Good to see Filppula finally get off the schneids and get a goal.

3. Great fight between Downey and Davison. I give it a draw, but Downey did get in some good shots, despite not really even wanting to fight at that moment.

4. Lilja played a great game tonight. There, I said it. But seriously, he scored a goal, and played a well rounded game also, which is great.

5. Ozzie should have gotten the shutout. San Jose played so piss poor tonight that they didn't even deserve to score a goal.

6. Z continues to dominate in every way, shape, and form. His play has been simpily unbelievable.

Overall, a great game tonight. I love beating the Sharks, especially because Joe Thornton seems to have some vendetta against the Wings. This should shut him up for a while.

One last point I wanted to make: although I don't know if tonight was a sellout, the crowd at the Joe tonight was by far the best of the season. The seats were filled from what I seen, and the crowd was really into the game. It's great to see this kind of stuff again, and hopefully it continues. It's depressing watching Wings games and seeing how lame the crowd can be at the Joe sometimes.

Guest Canadian Wings

That angers me. A goal by Hank waved off because the San Jose goaltender was so far away from the crease, resulting in a power play which leads to Ozzy losing the shut out.

looked like the goalie jus ran into holmstrom :crazy:

We were great tonight, and I don't want to take anything away from the boys, but the Sharks just never showed up tonight. It looked like they were just figure skating out there. Osgood could have been dead drunk and we still would have won the game. But it was great to see Fillpulla scoring and Sammy looked great out there as well. Hopefully, the 2nd line will play like this from now on.

Tonights game was by far my fave so far this season. Like KP said the crowd was SO into it. It did indeed look like almost a sellout. They were really loud and completely into it. I love when they kept booing every San Jose player that touched the pucked after they ruined Ozzie's shutout. Then the crowd started the Ozzie chants. :D

Datsyuk's deke that led to the collision was freaking AMAZING!

Everyone played great tonight. Can't single anyone out.

So glad to see Flip get a goal. That'll get him going.

Lils goal was freaking beautiful.

Ozzie was really good despite only 11 shots against him. He made some big saves in the first. I seriously almost cried when they ruined his shutout. lol :(

All in all, the Wings absolutely OWNED tonight. Great to see.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!

We were great tonight, and I don't want to take anything away from the boys, but the Sharks just never showed up tonight. It looked like they were just figure skating out there. Osgood could have been dead drunk and we still would have won the game. But it was great to see Fillpulla scoring and Sammy looked great out there as well. Hopefully, the 2nd line will play like this from now on.

Never know what's in the water bottle. He did have alot of time on his hands. :hehe:

Anyone hip to the attendance numbers? I don't know where to find them. :(

Awesome game, Dats's play to set Z up for the goal in the third was absolutely amazing (reminiscent of that shootout move of his?), along with of course deking for the sharks' collision. :lol:

Edit: Ah, thank you for reading my mind. :D

Edited by Z and D for the C

Did anyone else notice the box score ?

Matt Ellis: +5

Edit: This can't be right. Downey and Kopecky are listed at even.

I noticed that too and it is indeed an error. I also saw box scores listing Marleau i the 3rd period and after the game, Rissmiller at -5 at separate times.

Edit: just saw your edit, yeah they're defintely wrong.

Edited by Vincanni

Attendance tonight was 18,289. Pretty good. It's moving on up.

You also gotta think it's a friday night so that helps. :thumbup:

Friday night, and before a long road trip... whatever works, right? Congrat to the Wings for a great game, and without totally embarrassing the Sharks. I know it was hard to hold back, guys! :P

Did anyone else notice the box score ?

Matt Ellis: +5

Edit: This can't be right. Downey and Kopecky are listed at even.

and nhl.com doesn't have him on the ice for any of the goals either, but he's a +5 there too

NHL Scoresheet has Hank down for 2 goals now...?

Ellis' +5 is weird. I've noticed it sometimes happens for Filppula too, it's like some kind of compilation of others who were a +. Hard to explain, anyway he shold be even.

Attendance tonight was 18,289. Pretty good. It's moving on up.

You also gotta think it's a friday night so that helps. :thumbup:

Biggest crowd of the season so far. Good to see.

Hopefully we see this at least on the weekends. I can't expect every Monday night matchup against Columbus to be a sellout, but the weekends should be.

The video clips are up at nhl.com. Just watched them all, but one that wasn't posted was Holmstrom's phantom penalty. Figures, Bettman is probably keeping it sequestered.

Filppula! How good was his play on Lilja's goal? Skated quickly up ice, drew 2 players then passed back to the Lilja who finished the job. Great bit of play. :thumbup: