• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

betterREDthandead

1/12 GDT: Senators 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

sens are stacking the line on pks, and are out working us to the puck. we've got to adapt the style of game here pretty quick, and by adapt i mean perfect. multidimensional.

This is exactly why we're going to have a really hard time winning the Cup..same story as last year's playoffs. The Sens came into this game with a game plan designed specifically for the style we play. They made adjustments to shut down our attack. Meanwhile, the Wings are still taking stupid shots from 70ft away. Datsyuk is still trying to stickhandle into their zone instead of dumping the puck in and going after it. Babcock isn't smart enough to adjust his game plan based on what the other team is doing. All he can think of is switching up the lines until something happens.

...maybe we are outclassed. I know their #1 line loks a whole lot better than ours tonight. Holland better start calling Columbus and asking what its gonna take to get Fedorov...

Eww. I just throw up in my mouth a little bit. My head hurts so bad, just trying to figure out how Fedorov would help the situation here? If Dats and Z can't break through... Hell if Hudler can't break through what the hell is Feds gonna do???

Come on wings pick it up a bit out there. Help Dom out.

This is pathetic. I am watching on HDNet, and Larry Murphy is pissing me off. He's fellating the Sens so much, and just putting the Wings down. What a d-bag.

Hopefully the guys wake up here in the next period.

This is exactly why we're going to have a really hard time winning the Cup..same story as last year's playoffs. The Sens came into this game with a game plan designed specifically for the style we play. They made adjustments to shut down our attack. Meanwhile, the Wings are still taking stupid shots from 70ft away. Datsyuk is still trying to stickhandle into their zone instead of dumping the puck in and going after it. Babcock isn't smart enough to adjust his game plan based on what the other team is doing. All he can think of is switching up the lines until something happens.

wings are too small and too slow to the puck to ever play a dump and chase style. every time we dump in sens shoot it right back out. we are a puck possession team that doesn't seem to care too much about possessing the puck lately.

This is pathetic. I am watching on HDNet, and Larry Murphy is pissing me off. He's fellating the Sens so much, and just putting the Wings down. What a d-bag.

Hopefully the guys wake up here in the next period.

does he have any reason to say otherwise?

I'm usually not one to over-react over a regular season game, but this is our biggest one of the season, and we're a period away from getting shutout. And usually we can blame it on a hot goalie, but that ain't the case tonight. Very few of Emery's 20 saves have been legitimate scoring chances (I'm looking at you Mikael Samuelsson).

I've seen this happen before... huge game, only meeting for the season, Wings a no show.

Emery is indeed fortunate that this version of the Wings showed up. I haven't given up yet, but if the Wings don't come out flying and score in the first five minutes, I think we can say the Sens have our number and pack it up for tonight. They were ready. We weren't.

wings are too small and too slow to the puck to ever play a dump and chase style. every time we dump in sens shoot it right back out. we are a puck possession team that doesn't seem to care too much about possessing the puck lately.

spot on. we just dont have the personnel.

I tend to agree with you. I was just thinking during the second period how Detroit is playing as if they are playing against any other team in the NHL, instead of the 2nd place team. Doesn't anyone watch any video tapes of the Senators?? Definitely seems like poor preparation to me.

Here's hoping for a new and improved third period. I really do wish Osgood was in net tonight. I would feel more comfortable against a team like Ottawa if Flipper The Flopper wasn't in goal for Detroit. :scared:

well.. what can i say, Senators REALLY came out to play tonight where as we seemed like we were just happy playing in Canada getting the spotlight.

Kudos to Senators :(

I really do wish Osgood was in net tonight. I would feel more comfortable against a team like Ottawa if Flipper The Flopper wasn't in goal for Detroit. :scared:

Oh.

My.

God.

I was close to just turning the game off. I know it's only a regular season game, but jesus.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Here's hoping for a new and improved third period. I really do wish Osgood was in net tonight. I would feel more comfortable against a team like Ottawa if Flipper The Flopper wasn't in goal for Detroit. :scared:

Not sure what having Osgood in net would do for this game. Dom's been the best player on the ice for the Wings. We can't score. THAT'S our problem.

I tend to agree with you. I was just thinking during the second period how Detroit is playing as if they are playing against any other team in the NHL, instead of the 2nd place team. Doesn't anyone watch any video tapes of the Senators?? Definitely seems like poor preparation to me.

can't really blame dom on the goals. he's been the only decent thing about the wings tonight imo.

Unfortunately, flipper the flopper is the only one who showed up, tonight.

well.. what can i say, Senators REALLY came out to play tonight where as we seemed like we were just happy playing in Canada getting the spotlight.

Kudos to Senators :(

I agree. The Sens have been great. Not their fault the refs don't see anything they do as bad enough to call. <_<

The Sens want this one, and the Wings were not ready for them. They look "tense" according to Captain Nick. I think they look anything but that -- lost, maybe. But not tense. Tense would be good! :scared:

I know I like thinking this game is important but it really is not. It means little. It probably is not a showcase to the SCF . I am hoping for a win but it is not the end of the season.

This game is just scary because we are all so used to the Wings looking so polished and organized. We are used to making our opponents look like they don't know what they are doing, and now that it's the other way around it doesn't feel right.

Hey, McCarty just scored a goal in the Flint game tonight...one goal, two assists in 3 games...maybe the Wings could use his scoring prowess tonight. :P

lol. might as well just substitute the all of the generals tonight. don't think we'd be seeing much different.

Not sure what having Osgood in net would do for this game. Dom's been the best player on the ice for the Wings. We can't score. THAT'S our problem.

oh, Edi, Edi, Edi. You don't get it. That's Dom's fault, too. Ozzie would score a goal for the Wings, if he was in net tonight.

So silly.

:rolleyes:

I know I like thinking this game is important but it really is not. It means little. It probably is not a showcase to the SCF . I am hoping for a win but it is not the end of the season.

Yeah, but in everyone's head its a big deal. Top 2 teams facing of, causes a stir. I just hate to see us lose 2 in a row, thats mainly why I'm upset.

This game is just scary because we are all so used to the Wings looking so polished and organized. We are used to making our opponents look like they don't know what they are doing, and now that it's the other way around it doesn't feel right.

my thoughts exactly. it's so painful to watch us completely powerless. like is said before, this must be how most other teams feel playing us.