• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyisms Rule!

Sidney Crosby injures ankle

Rate this topic

Enough with this discussion. Talk about the injury. Talk about it's effect on the team or the ASG or anything other than this. If it keeps being a big long argument about the relative classiness of laughing at player injuries it'll just get shut down eventually.

No toby91?!? He's where i look to on here for all things Crosby.

Meaning?

I will admit having a bit of bias towards Crosby (whether actual or subconcious), but I like to think that I am not someone who puts him higher on a pedastal than he deserves. I try to stick to facts.

It may appear otherwise, since I may defend him at times, but that's only because he gets so much undue heat (though, he seems to be getting less over time).

I haven't wasted my time reading a lot of this thread, I skimmed the last page and noticed something about someone admitting they laughed when he got injured, which, to be honest, I simply don't get.

My thoughts on the injury? Not good. It's not good that we are now a few days after the incident and there is still no clear prognosis. I have heard potentially 8 weeks. It doesn't appear to be something that will hurt him in the long run, but you never know. For the Pens, you have to hope they maintain a playoff spot and Sid comes back 100%, ready to go.

Timing is pretty bad too, as I for one expected him to take over the scoring lead in that game and potentially not look back.

Well if you are a Pens fan, it's obviously not good news.

They did beat Montreal the other night without Sid, which is huge. They failed to beat Montreal at all this year and I believe only have one twice in the last 9 or 10 games against them (something like that).

I am probably the biggest Pens fan and Crosby fan on here but I don't think they will do so well without him. They are looking at Malkin to lead the team now and he feels like he can. Although his last game against Montreal was proof that he could (his only point being a empty net goal is very misleading for the game he played). But as good as he is, I don't think he can carry this team on his back for a month or two until Sid gets back. I think he'll be able to take over/win some games, but leading a team is never something he really had to do (so far in the NHL, atleast).

The Pens play very well against the Caps since the Crosby/Ovechkin battle started, but now the Pens don't have him, it will be Malkin vs. Ovechkin. #1 and #2 in the draft a few years back. This would be the best chance Malkin has to prove himself against the guy everybody said was better than him. Plus it's on Versus so atleast some people will watch on TV!

So if your a Pens fan you're going to be holding your breath till Sid gets back. He contributes 43% or so to the teams offense, and it's hard to think guys like Malone, Christensen, Talbot, Armstrong, and Sykora can make up for it.

Meaning?

I will admit having a bit of bias towards Crosby (whether actual or subconcious), but I like to think that I am not someone who puts him higher on a pedastal than he deserves. I try to stick to facts.

It may appear otherwise, since I may defend him at times, but that's only because he gets so much undue heat (though, he seems to be getting less over time).

I haven't wasted my time reading a lot of this thread, I skimmed the last page and noticed something about someone admitting they laughed when he got injured, which, to be honest, I simply don't get.

My thoughts on the injury? Not good. It's not good that we are now a few days after the incident and there is still no clear prognosis. I have heard potentially 8 weeks. It doesn't appear to be something that will hurt him in the long run, but you never know. For the Pens, you have to hope they maintain a playoff spot and Sid comes back 100%, ready to go.

Timing is pretty bad too, as I for one expected him to take over the scoring lead in that game and potentially not look back.

Meaning nothing bad at all. Simply have noticed in the past you seem well versed in the Pens and Crosby inparticular, just a bit surprised that with all the discussion of the all star game, marketing, what this means for the Pens and just the injury and length thereof that you'd have no opinion on it.

As far as the injury I agree nothing good can come from the guy being out except a better chance at 2 points for the opponent of the Pens. While my opinion of him may slightly vary from some others, you'd be blind to not consider him among some of the best, and I think not only will the Pens be missing him on the ice, I believe there's a strong possiblity that if this is a 4 week or more type of thing that it will present a mental hurdle I don't think they can overcome, and will be out of the playoff picture by the time a return happens for Crosby. A shame really like them or not I still love to see every team and the best they have to offer. Although the game last night was pretty entertaining.

*edit* I re-read my post and I can see where you'd think i was tying you in with that whole post, i assure you that wasn't the case though, that was directed toward some of the bickering and general whining that was going on earlier in the thread.

Edited by bringback91