• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Still MIGHTY

Visting Team Info

Rate this topic

What's up everybody?

New on the board. Ducks fan since 93. Season ticket holder since 93. OC resident.

anyways

I'm going to the Ducks/Wings game on February 10th at the Joe for my 18th birthday.

I wanted to see the Ducks players after a potential morning skate or on their way into the arena for the game.

I'm pretty sure it's a 1:00 PM start.

Basically, I was wondering when/where the visiting players enter the arena?

I wanted to get some autographs and just give them some support on the road. It's the longest trip of the season for us. 8-game, 15-day roadie. It gets tough out there, as you know.

Also, my grandfather is taking me and he constantly is telling me that its not a good idea to wear my jersey and cheer for the Ducks fervently like I do at home. Now I've been to games in LA and San Jose. The worst was San Jose, I got beer poured on me just for cheering when the Ducks scored. Anyways.

We're sitting in the lower bowl on the Ducks attacking end and was wondering if any of that would really be that much of a problem? I'm still going to cheer and whatnot. I just need to know the right level of cheering to keep my grandfather sane and my clothes clean because we're going to the airport directly after the game.

Sorry, rambling a bit.

But, yeah. Any of that info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

(BTW I dont normally talk this formal. Just not wanting to be flamed out for just being a Ducks fan. I'm tryin to be civil. Thanks.)

Edited by Still MIGHTY

well the only way you get treated bad is if you act like a dick, ie get in the face of other fans...although sitting in the lower bowl normally means they arent big fans(most show up late and leave early).

normally no one treats other fans bad if the wings are winning, like the last game i went to there were some really nice dallas fans wearing their jerseys and nothing happened to them cuz like i said the wings were dominating

Shoot man i wear the opposing team jersey at the joe all the time... Namely because i pick and choose the games to go to so that i can see my favorites.... People at the joe besides all the bad talk they get are 99.9% passive and won't touch you. I remember the game i was by myself (bought a ticket seperately and let offsides and her friend have our season tickets) Rick Nash got a Hatty and i stood up (wearing his jersey) and went nutz... nobody does anything... in fact it is a game i play now there to try to get a rise out of people...

South East Entrance (aka riverfront by section 214) is where they enter and leave. After the game head out back and you will get a chance to meet the players... hope for a Ducks win or else they will be kinda pissy and not want to sign. I have met so many players back there i can't count anymore :)

Dude support your team, even louder when you aren't in your own barn... its an awesome feeling!

Edited by OsGOD

Hahaha yeah for sure.

I usually am loud. Hell, theyre on the road. Far from home in Detroit, so I'll go no holes barred.

I was going to wear this cape that I had fashioned together out of the orange fowl towels we get during the playoffs. During the Finals last year, I had put a Stanley Cup made out of duct tape on the back. So I was going to go all out and wear that but my grandpa said nooooo way hahaha. I was kinda disappointed, but then again I'm probably just bringing that out for the playoffs/Finals.

I'm still gonna bring it for potential autographs, so they can sign that.

I'm also going to bring a fowl towel to wave around.

So for anyone going to the game on Feb. 10th, I'll be the dude in Section 126 with the Getzlaf #15 Ducks jersey and the fowl towel. :D

Thanks guys

Hahaha yeah for sure.

I usually am loud. Hell, theyre on the road. Far from home in Detroit, so I'll go no holes barred.

I was going to wear this cape that I had fashioned together out of the orange fowl towels we get during the playoffs. During the Finals last year, I had put a Stanley Cup made out of duct tape on the back. So I was going to go all out and wear that but my grandpa said nooooo way hahaha. I was kinda disappointed, but then again I'm probably just bringing that out for the playoffs/Finals.

I'm still gonna bring it for potential autographs, so they can sign that.

I'm also going to bring a fowl towel to wave around.

So for anyone going to the game on Feb. 10th, I'll be the dude in Section 126 with the Getzlaf #15 Ducks jersey and the fowl towel. :D

Thanks guys

As said before as long as you aren't in fans faces, and causing problems, you shouldn't have a problem wearing your jersey to the joe. I don't mean to be a homer, but of all the games i've been to in different cities, fans at the joe are the most tolerant of any other teams fans. Sure there are always a few idiots, but for the most part, its all in good fun.

My boyfriend, Dad and i will be right around the same area as you, we'll be section 228 row 6.

Lower bowls tix? Wear the Jersey. Oh, and a nice tennis bracelet. Maybe a pre-game visit to a nice salon for a manicure would be in order.

And if it wouldn't be too much trouble maybe you could explain icing and offsides to some of the people in your section. Thanks! Enjoy.

--aloha

Lower bowls tix? Wear the Jersey. Oh, and a nice tennis bracelet. Maybe a pre-game visit to a nice salon for a manicure would be in order.

And if it wouldn't be too much trouble maybe you could explain icing and offsides to some of the people in your section. Thanks! Enjoy.

--aloha

I'm pretty sure I can skip on the bracelet and the salon.

But yeah, I'll try and explain the finer points in hockey to some of them. I have to do that a little too much here in Anaheim.

You know how annoying it is to have people yell "SHOOT" everytime someone touches the puck in the offensive zone?

Or for every and any hit or any time someone falls onto the ice to hear the whole place chant "Ref you suck"? (sometimes its deserved. But not for every sort of contact :rolleyes: )

Or to have people stand up every time that its like 4 on 3 going into the zone?

Anyways.

Thanks for all your help guys.