• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsFanatic

Chris Osgood to start Friday vs. Columbus

Rate this topic

lol, too many Ozzie fans on this board. Honestly, I'm a huge Wings fan, been one for longer then your probably old, but Ozzie is not as good as our team makes him out to be.

He's played for Detroit the majority of his career and that's reflected in his stats. Put him in a Leaf uniform and he's just like Raycroft, good with a half decent team in front of him, minor league material with a sub-par team.

ps. Howard should start Friday, Osgood needs to ride the bench and remember where he belongs. The only reason Osgood is starting is because Hasek is injured.

It won't happen, wings are too solid for Osgood to keep on his bad streak. The players will pickup it up and Average Ozzie will be good enough to get some W's again thanks to the low frequency of scoring chances we'll give up.

How could I miss Hasek's recent performance, those were some memorable snow angels in Toronto. He's great during the clutch in the playoffs, let's hope he stays healthy, but I'd feel better with a Top Notch Goalie.

I've been away from LGW for much too long.

Sixer, like your fellow Wings fans are attempting to tell you, Osgood was not Detroit's problem last night. I can not/will not argue the merits of whether he is a "top notch" goalie (I don't watch enough Detroit games). However, last night was not an indication of Osgood's ability or lack thereof.

Luongo and Brodeur would have a had an extremely difficult time stopping those three goals if everything else was equal. Odds are at least two of those goals would have been scored regardless of who was in goal.

This is plain to anyone that understands the game and actually watched (see the posts by your fellow Wings' fans and quotes from the players- both Red Wings and Predators).

David

Edited by drsingle

Odds are at least two of those goals would have been scored regardless of who was in goal.

Yeah, I think it was their second goal when they were in real close to Ozzie, just passing it back and forth and he didn't know where to go.

I hope that Ozzie will get out of his funk like in practice or sometime before the game. If we lose on Friday, then we would go three straight without a point and 5 altogether. I thought Howard did a good job, only letting in one goal. I want Cleary and Kronwall back. I know this isn't the case, but the team seems lost without them...especially the D <_<

It won't happen, wings are too solid for Osgood to keep on his bad streak. The players will pickup it up and Average Ozzie will be good enough to get some W's again thanks to the low frequency of scoring chances we'll give up.

How could I miss Hasek's recent performance, those were some memorable snow angels in Toronto. He's great during the clutch in the playoffs, let's hope he stays healthy, but I'd feel better with a Top Notch Goalie.

You are out of your mind. Dom was awful in the Toronto game. The Sundin goal was beyond weak and then he promptly decided to lay down on the ice for five minutes, while the Leafs scored the winning goal in overtime. Those snow angels you claim are memorable, are certainly memorable for all the wrong reasons.

So, let me get this straight. Dom and Ozzie play with the SAME team in front of them, but when Dom wins he gets the credit, and when Ozzie wins, it's because of the team? I think you should probably check the stats and come up with a factual argument, instead of your make-believe theories.

...he promptly decided to lay down on the ice for five minutes, while the Leafs scored the winning goal in overtime.

Dom had gotten up and ready to stop it by that time. But he didn't. He wasn't flopping when they scored. Just so you know.

Edited by wingnut40

He's played for Detroit the majority of his career and that's reflected in his stats. Put him in a Leaf uniform and he's just like Raycroft, good with a half decent team in front of him, minor league material with a sub-par team.

You mean like when he was the starting goaltender in his years in St. Louis and Long Island ?

You are out of your mind. Dom was awful in the Toronto game. The Sundin goal was beyond weak and then he promptly decided to lay down on the ice for five minutes, while the Leafs scored the winning goal in overtime. Those snow angels you claim are memorable, are certainly memorable for all the wrong reasons.

So, let me get this straight. Dom and Ozzie play with the SAME team in front of them, but when Dom wins he gets the credit, and when Ozzie wins, it's because of the team? I think you should probably check the stats and come up with a factual argument, instead of your make-believe theories.

Dom gets the benefit because of his cupboard full of Vezina and Hart trophies that Ozzie doesn't have. I'm not saying that's fair, he should also receive his share of criticism for bad games. Plus, you always have to worry about his age & health now. Fact is the Wings have the best chance to win in the playoffs with Dom. Ozzie is fine as a heavily played back-up. Heck I love the guy - but I sure would be worried if we had to pin all of our hopes on him in the playoffs.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, this board is ridiculous about goaltending. I think that we all need to go on the new NBC show, My Dad's Better Than Your Dad, but as My Goalie is Better than Your Goalie, and settle this once and for all....

Or we can support Ozzie AND Dom....because they are both having great seasons....

lol, too many Ozzie fans on this board. Honestly, I'm a huge Wings fan, been one for longer then your probably old, but Ozzie is not as good as our team makes him out to be.

ps. Howard should start Friday, Osgood needs to ride the bench and remember where he belongs. The only reason Osgood is starting is because Hasek is injured.

Right. The only problem with your point is that Osgoods goaltending stats while in NY and STL are comparable to what his are with the Wings. And those teams weren't half of what the Wings are.