• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Hossa Sweepstakes down to four teams?

Rate this topic

I just got done reading the Thrashers forums just to get a perspective from their fans.

1. They fully expect DW to screw this trade up

2. They seem to want a trade with SJ more than anyone, mentioning setoguchi, cheechoo, marleau...the usuals

3. Mention of detroit is active, some idiot posted he wanted huds flip and kronner. I laughed but the more serious guys posted flip + an up and coming d-man would suffice.

From their points, i think giving up flip + one of our young D men would be completely acceptable. Hell throw in a draft pick if we re-sign hossa.

we'll soon see... especially on Friday. no way does Flip touch the ice in Calgary if some deal is imminent.

i honestly doubt this one. we aren't even in the same stratosphere of what Ottawa and San Jose could offer. i'd certainly welcome it all if it did happen though!

Ottawa? You really think Ottawa is going to give up the goods for a rental? They have to sign 3 Dmen and 3 forwards next year, and at most have 14M to do it. You think they can afford to re-sign Hossa to 7M a year and then attempt to re-sign Kelly, Meszaros, Commodore, possibly Stillman, and then find a replacement for Redden?

If Ottawa is in the running for Hossa, its only as a rental, and theres no way Ottawa would match an offer that another team would make in order to get Hossa long term or even with that possibility.

As for San Jose? They wont give up Cheechoo, as hes a 50 goal scorer only making 3M a year for the next 3 years. Even if he is having an off year, it isnt hurting the piggy bank. As for Marleau, hes making over 6M for 2 more years after having had a bad post-season and an even worse current regular season. Hes got 28 points right now - same as Flip - and only 10 of those are goals - to Flips 16. Not to mention Flip trumps Marleaus contract status big time and still has a lot of growing in terms of offense.

All I kept hearing is that San Jose was offering Bernier, and that was the best theyd offer. I like Bernier, but Flip is already better offensively and what Bernier offers in size/grit, Flip offers in a mature, defensively responsible game. Not to mention, as I said earlier, Flips skill level would mesh a lot better with the likes of Kovy and Kozlov than Berniers would, and Atlanta could definitely use a budding 2nd line center - or a decent playmaking center at all.

I still think San Jose has a lot to offer even if they do offer Marleau, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a cheap, young, skilled center is exactly what Atlanta needs..

Theres a heavy rumor going down that Montreal has traded Ryder and a 1st to Calgary for Tanguay. Per The Score.

If thats true, then Im psyched. In my mind Montreal is our biggest competition for Hossa.

which Score ????

I just got done reading the Thrashers forums just to get a perspective from their fans.

1. They fully expect DW to screw this trade up

2. They seem to want a trade with SJ more than anyone, mentioning setoguchi, cheechoo, marleau...the usuals

3. Mention of detroit is active, some idiot posted he wanted huds flip and kronner. I laughed but the more serious guys posted flip + an up and coming d-man would suffice.

From their points, i think giving up flip + one of our young D men would be completely acceptable. Hell throw in a draft pick if we re-sign hossa.

Flip, Huds, Kronner? There are a lot of idiots out there.

Flip + Quincey or Kindl I would do in a heartbeat. Id prefer to hold on to Ericsson and Smith.

I'm listening to the Bill Waters show right now on Toronto Am640 and he said he's hearing that were going to get Hossa for filppula (that it's pretty much already done). Not sure how bang on he is - although I'm guessing his sources would be pretty credible.

I never listen, is he right often??

Is anyone else eagerly awaiting GianniDeBrizio13 to finish typing?

I noticed he just joined LGW at 4:12 and it seems like (s)he's been posting a novel. It's gotta be big news, right? :P

wtf?

Guest Canadian Wings
I never listen, is he right often??

I don't listen often either only at this time of year he's also on Sportsnet nightly

Is anyone else eagerly awaiting GianniDeBrizio13 to finish typing?

I noticed he just joined LGW at 4:12 and it seems like (s)he's been posting a novel. It's gotta be big news, right? :P

I noticed that!! hahah!

What do you mean, wtf?

Look down.

could just mean he/she is still on this thread but stepped away from the comp or something....

edit: i see what you mean now, didnt know you could do that

Edited by Viperar

could just mean he/she is still on this thread but stepped away from the comp or something....

edit: i see what you mean now, didnt know you could do that

Yeah, if a members name is italicized and underlined with dots it means they are responding in that thread.

Handy little tool.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

hey my fellow wing nuts!! sorry for all the anticipation that i caused. I am in class and my instructor was doing rounds so i had to put the kaibosh on my post. I have been trolling these boards for a couple years now, but i feel like its about time to get my ass off the sidelines and join some of these discussions with yall!! I do have many thoughts on this topic, unforunately i wont be able to post them until later. I just wanted to introduce myself and as soon as im done with school i will posting my original thoughts. Ciao!

hey my fellow wing nuts!! sorry for all the anticipation that i caused. I am in class and my instructor was doing rounds so i had to put the kaibosh on my post. I have been trolling these boards for a couple years now, but i feel like its about time to get my ass off the sidelines and join some of these discussions with yall!! I do have many thoughts on this topic, unforunately i wont be able to post them until later. I just wanted to introduce myself and as soon as im done with school i will posting my original thoughts. Ciao!

booooooooo, hahaha welcome aboard

I think you mean lurking...

Guest Canadian Wings
HAHA! Let's hope so!

Hey Canadian Wings, any more word on that show you were listening to?

Nope but u can listen in on Bill Waters at 6:10 with a hockey insider