No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Hossa Sweepstakes down to four teams?

Rate this topic

ACCORDING to Bob Mckenzie:

Richards: Does want to go and will accept to be traded

Columbus and Dallas are hot on him...Vancouver has also pitched in a offer

Campbell: Will most likely be on the move, Regher wants a player who can play in the NHL considering they are making a attempt for the playoffs

I definitely see Dallas getting Richards. Given his huge overpaying contract, his trade value isnt really what it should be, and given that the Stars dont have the assets to get a Hossa....i think they'll come up with just enough to get Brad. They could really use him too..

Cleary chimes in on Hossa:

Cleary, currently sidelined with a broken jaw, was a teammate of Hossa during the NHL lockout in 2004-05, with Mora of the Swedish Elite League.

“Any team that gets this guy … he’s a real good person, a great team guy,” Cleary told CBCSports.ca reporter Doug Harrison on Monday. “He’s the most explosive player I’ve ever seen. Straight-away speed, no one touches him.”

While adding Hossa would allow Red Wings coach Mike Babcock to split up the dynamic duo of Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg, Cleary believes it’s wishful thinking.

I definitely see Dallas getting Richards. Given his huge overpaying contract, his trade value isnt really what it should be, and given that the Stars dont have the assets to get a Hossa....i think they'll come up with just enough to get Brad. They could really use him too..

Maybe he won't stand there like a dumbass when one of his players gets jacked up in front of him! I didn't forget Mikey!

Maybe he won't stand there like a dumbass when one of his players gets jacked up in front of him! I didn't forget Mikey!

Yeah really haha...i cant stand that whiny puss. "oooooooh why didnt Nashville honor my 500 goals".. :crybaby:

We can NOT fit Hossa in because of our goaltending!!?????????????

If we had a Lu-ango, or a Brodear, or even a Nabockov, or even a Hasek!!

Brad Richards to Dallas? Marian Hossa to Montreal? Check out what's making headlines early on trade deadline day!

YAHOO! SPORTS: Ross McKeon reports a source claims the Dallas Stars will ship a package of goaltender Mike Smith, center Jeff Halpern and defenceman Mark Fistric to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for forward Brad Richards. It's also expected the Montreal Canadiens will have outbid the Ottawa Senators for winger Marian Hossa, shipping at least a forward (possibly Michael Ryder) to the Thrashers.

WFAA.COM: Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reports Stars goalie Mike Smith has heard all the trade rumors and is learning to deal with them.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: My thanks to everyone who sent this in earlier this morning while I was catnapping. Much appreciated. I suggests both here and on my message forum that the Stars could be the front-runners as they had the depth to offer up the best package, particularly a goaltender. Smith has shown a lot of promise as a potential starter, splitting the duties in Dallas fairly evenly with Marty Turco earlier in the season until Turco got his groove back around mid-season. He's also affordable and right now that's what the Bolts would need. It'll be interesting to see if this deal happens but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. As for Hossa, expect more than Ryder to be headed to Atlanta if that deal goes down, as the Habs have a lot of promising young players and prospects they could offer up.

PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER: Tim Panaccio reports the Flyers were interested in Dan Boyle but may now turn their attention toward Buffalo's Brian Campbell as they need a good puckmoving defenceman. There's also intrigue with defenceman Jason Smith, whom the Flyers might not be able to re-sign and might consider shopping to free up cap space to land a star player. Jeff Carter is also rumored to be available.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Having landed help at forward with Vaclav Prospal last night GM Paul Holmgren might not be done.

-Ottawa and Montreal are considered front-runners for Marian Hossa. Ottawa's offer is believed to include Antoine Vermette, Montreal's Chris Higgins, although the Habs have the depth in prospects and draft picks to perhaps get the deal done.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: As a Habs fan I would be upset to lose Higgins but if the Canadiens could re-sign Hossa or he helps lead them to the Stanley Cup this spring it would make it worthwhile.It would likely take Higgins as the centerpiece to pry Hossa out of Atlanta.

From Bob:

Montreal and Ottawa are in the running....He says Detroit is also still in it, along with San Jose

So even though Flips aint moving lets not take Hossa out of our ratars just yet

Take it from Bob!

I just did some quick number crunching and the Wings can more than afford Hossa at $7.5M per year as well as Zetts for the same amount.

The big year where things could get tight is in 2011-12 when they'd have 6 players under contract (Dats, Zetts, Hossa, Lids -guessing that he continues playing - Rafalski and Kronwall). We'd have an estimated $38M for those 6 players. Kenny (or Stevie - who knows) would have his work cut out for him in filling out the roster. But by then, who knows who we have in our system?

But in all seriousness, what teams out there have more than 2 scoring lines? Almost none. Only Carolina comes to mind. Beyond that, you're doing very well for yourself if you have 2 good scoring lines and 3-4 good dmen. We have that in spades. The rest can be filled in with youngsters.

The only real issue is goaltending. But if Howard continues to progress I don't see why our defense can't turn good goaltending into great goaltending like this year.

EDIT: Dominator, I read that Yahoo rumour about Richards this morning as well. I think that deal makes great sense for both clubs and could easily be done today.

But as a Wings fan, I'd HATE to see Richards go to the Stars. The West would become that much tougher.

Edited by Hank

:blink:

So what does your magic eight-ball tell you what our goaltending will look like in 2011-2012? Judging by your sarcactic response you seem to be very confident that Howard will be the guy. Or does your taro-cards read that we'll have Dipeitro in net?

I'm going to use my own amazing skills and predict the future and say that you didn't read where I wrote:

The big year where things could get tight is in 2011-12 when they'd have 6 players under contract...
Edited by Hank

Yes, I think Howard is our man for the foreseeable future. Chill out.

My apologies. But it can be irritating when people use sarastic emoticons just to be difficult with other members.

And I don't share your feelings about Howard. He's given no indication that he can be a starter in the NHL yet. Yes, he's had some excellent, albiet brief, moments with the Wings, but he still has lots of work to do and I don't find his future to be that foreseeable at this time.

My apologies. But it can be irritating when people use sarastic emoticons just to be difficult with other members.

And I don't share your feelings about Howard. He's given no indication that he can be a starter in the NHL yet. Yes, he's had some excellent, albiet brief, moments with the Wings, but he still has lots of work to do and I don't find his future to be that foreseeable at this time.

Pierre McGwire said the Wings will go for Ryan Miller when he becomes a free agent.

Pittsburgh gave up a fair amount for a rental. That's definitely what he'll be with the Pens. Glad we didn't do the same.

I agree aussie, i enjoyed debating with you though :thumbup: