• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Why Can't Someone Do This to Phaneuf or Pronger?

Rate this topic

If a guy cheapshots your teammate, you handle it like a real hockey player, drop the gloves and go after him. If he doesn't want to go, fight him any way. Retalliating a cheap shot with another cheap shot is hypocritical, (Bertuzzi anyone?) Plus refs may not catch the original hit but they will always catch the retalliation.

Edited by RedFX

If a guy cheapshots your teammate, you handle it like a real hockey player, drop the gloves and go after him. If he doesn't want to go, fight him any way. Retalliating a cheap shot with another cheap shot is hypocritical, (Bertuzzi anyone?) Plus refs may not catch the original hit but they will always catch the retalliation.

Isn't that what Tie Domi was doing?

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Live by the sword die by the sword. Those cheap hits those guys dish out are more dangerous than a swift jack in the front of the face.

You people are ridiculous. Go explain your theory to Jeff Beukeboom who is still, 10 years later suffering from the effects of the sucker punch Matt Johnson delivered to the back of his head that ended his playing career.

If you want Pronger to get his butt kicked. Then you should want somebody to skate right up to him, challenge him and if he doesn't accept, say f*** IT! and drop your gloves anyway and go to town on him. At least you're giving the man a chance and you only get yourself an instigator.

Wanting or believing it ok to simply cold cock an unsuspecting playing is the most disgusting, putrid, delplorable thing I can think of in the game of hockey.

I've had plenty of hockey fights. I never did that to anybody and nobody did that to me.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that those of you in favor of this couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper sack nor do you have any clue what the f*** you're talking about.

The OP is the one who should get his ass kicked for even posting garbage like this.

The game doesn't need it and you can make somebody fight even if they don't want to. There's absolutely no reason to sucker punch another player. It's ******* bulls***.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Isn't that what Tie Domi was doing?

Are you on drugs? No, that wasn't what Domi was doing. And if you think it is, then seek help because frankly, you're an idiot.

Tie Domi didn't need to do that. He was right there with Ulf. He could've cross checked him in the chest and let Ulfie know that it was go time. He could've popped him a couple with his glove on and prodded him and tried to get him to go. And if Ulfie didn't want to he could've dropped his gloves and started firing. At least Ulf would've known what was about to shake down.

What Domi did was brutally attack an unsuspecting player.

All I can say is I don't think you'd take kindly to getting reamed in a bar or something when you didn't know it was even coming, no matter what you did. And if you think this s***'s cool and you want Pronger to get this kind of treatment. All I can say is you're deserving of the same in my book. As disgusting as that sounds I almost hope you get it because its a disgrace to the game of hockey itself and I for one don't take kindly to the game being looked at as some side show circus sport where people do s*** like that.

Man up. Challenge a player to a fight and fight him even if he just turtles. Wail on him anyway. At least the person has a chance to defend themselves.

What you're talking about is akin to shooting somebody in the back. That's cowardly and if you believe in that s***, you sir are a coward.

Kopecky instigated the whole thing with Phaneuf in the first place. He tried to throw the first hit and Phaneuf bounced him. Phaneuf then hit him off balance sliding backwards. Could he have avoided him, probably. Should he have gotten some sort of penalty, I have no problem with that. Was it a dirty hit with intent to injure, don't think so. Kopecky went all drama queen trying to draw a penalty and then played his next shift. Kinda like Claude Lemieux back in the day with all of his faked injuries.

Kinda bizarre that y'all get so upset when someone hits a Wings player hard, but you're ok with responding by being dirty rather than playing hard. You want to get Phaneuf, hit him back. Lots of players have been decked by Dion and then gone looking to hit him back just as hard - legally. He fights - fight him if you want. But if your boys can't play tough, perhaps they shouldn't play.

Tie Domi is, was and always will be a joke. He didn't limit his cheap shots to guys like Ulfie either. He threw an elbow into the face of Scott Neidermeyer one time after the whistle for no reason. Is that really how you want hockey to be played?

Are you on drugs? No, that wasn't what Domi was doing. And if you think it is, then seek help because frankly, you're an idiot.

Tie Domi didn't need to do that. He was right there with Ulf. He could've cross checked him in the chest and let Ulfie know that it was go time. He could've popped him a couple with his glove on and prodded him and tried to get him to go. And if Ulfie didn't want to he could've dropped his gloves and started firing. At least Ulf would've known what was about to shake down.

What Domi did was brutally attack an unsuspecting player.

All I can say is I don't think you'd take kindly to getting reamed in a bar or something when you didn't know it was even coming, no matter what you did. And if you think this s***'s cool and you want Pronger to get this kind of treatment. All I can say is you're deserving of the same in my book. As disgusting as that sounds I almost hope you get it because its a disgrace to the game of hockey itself and I for one don't take kindly to the game being looked at as some side show circus sport where people do s*** like that.

Man up. Challenge a player to a fight and fight him even if he just turtles. Wail on him anyway. At least the person has a chance to defend themselves.

What you're talking about is akin to shooting somebody in the back. That's cowardly and if you believe in that s***, you sir are a coward.

I think you're the one on drugs. Get off the PCP because it's making you act like an angry *******. Ulf was a cheap dirty coward his whole career, and Domi dealt with him the only way you can deal with someone like that. An eye for an eye. If Domi did it to anyone else it wouldn't have been right, but Ulf was a guy who didn't respect anyone, so there's nothing wrong with giving him the same treatment. I don't see how purposely sticking your knee out to hurt an unsuspecting player is any better. It's too bad Ulf didn't have his career ended after that punch, the way he tried to hurt other players, ultimately succeeding with Nealy.

Kopecky instigated the whole thing with Phaneuf in the first place. He tried to throw the first hit and Phaneuf bounced him. Phaneuf then hit him off balance sliding backwards. Could he have avoided him, probably. Should he have gotten some sort of penalty, I have no problem with that. Was it a dirty hit with intent to injure, don't think so. Kopecky went all drama queen trying to draw a penalty and then played his next shift. Kinda like Claude Lemieux back in the day with all of his faked injuries.

Kinda bizarre that y'all get so upset when someone hits a Wings player hard, but you're ok with responding by being dirty rather than playing hard. You want to get Phaneuf, hit him back. Lots of players have been decked by Dion and then gone looking to hit him back just as hard - legally. He fights - fight him if you want. But if your boys can't play tough, perhaps they shouldn't play.

Tie Domi is, was and always will be a joke. He didn't limit his cheap shots to guys like Ulfie either. He threw an elbow into the face of Scott Neidermeyer one time after the whistle for no reason. Is that really how you want hockey to be played?

As I mentioned already, he went too far with Niedermayer for no reason. The Ulf play was different. Yeah Pronger and Phaneuf fight from time to time, but not against the other team's heavyweights. Phaneuf is a visor wearing fruit and Pronger is just a plain spotpicker. Maybe neither of them is as bad as Ulf, but I still wouldn't mind seeing someone suckerpunch them they way Domi did. If people don't like my ultra-violent outlook on hockey, then so be it. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just posting my beliefs on this issue.