• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Why we should be happy to lose

Rate this topic

If we played the Canucks in the 1st round, I guarantee they'd probably beat the Wings. They may not have the big scoring depth that they had before, but keep in mind that Dan Cloutier is no longer around to giftwrap the Wings an entire series in one game.

Between Luongo, and a healthy Canucks defense, that team is scary. I want nothing to do with them in the playoffs. Again; they don't have much scoring, but defense, and goaltending, are the biggest key factors in the playoffs. They play a solid, trap style defensive game, which has always been a huge downfall for the Wings (remember Edmonton?). I would hate to face them in the playoffs.

Really, there is no team I feel comfortable playing in the playoffs, since all of them posses elements that the Wings can't get around. If we play Anaheim, they'll smash the Wings physically; if we play any other team, they'll trap the whole game, and capatalize on the mistakes made by the Wings mistake-prone defenseman like Lilja and Lebda (because at least one of them will be in the lineup).

We'll see what happens when the time comes, but I'm really not looking forward to the playoffs. I never liked this roster to begin with, even at the start of the season, and I like it even less now with this losing streak, and lack of moves at the trade deadline.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Luongo is one hell of a problem, and our team can't put the puck in the net either. Besides, they didn't seem to have trouble the last time the Wings played them of putting the puck in the net.

Well that was when our defense was at its complete worst, so I wouldn't judge on that...But living in western Canada and witnessing alot of Canuck games I can defiantly say they don't have that scoring touch...and after tonights loss against the jackets they only have 8 more goals for then against. They have a great defense but so do the Wings

Wings would win it in 5! Mark my words, if of course they face the Canucks

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to want to play a certain team. In the NHL,e specially in the playoffs, anyone can win a series. A hot goalie can carry a team. A 4th liner with a sudden burst of scoring can determine a series.

No way. I'll take whoever we get and I'll root for the Wings the whole way.

Frankly, losing streak and all, the Wings are the best team in the league, regardless of what the analysts say. Look at how we've been losing games. 1-0. 3-2. Things like that. A few were ugly, but most were close, even without half our team. We've been playing well of late, yet have some terrible luck.

Let's just hope we get all our bad luck now, and all our good luck come playoff time. Let's have the bad calls go the OTHER way against Anaheim this year.

That being said, the two teams I fear the msot int he entire league are San Jose and Anaheim. So no, I won't pick the poison. We face who we face and we'll kick ass.