• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miller76

Fun topic. Share your thoughts.

Rate this topic

Tonight I was so ecstatic that the Wings came back from being down against Dallas. They hit the record, and the 100 point mark and all that bitchen stuff, that we expect of the Wings every year. And I think we take a lot of the success for granted, and it's basically expected of them.

I thought I would start this thread for pure fun. What are some of the weird or different things that our Wings do? That you notice on TV or at the game? Questions about the Joe?

Here are mine.

1.How many pieces of gum does Mike Babcock go through in one game? Everytime the camera pans to him, he is throwing one away, and unwrapping another.

2.I like Samuelson, but does anyone else think he looks like a homeless person asking for change in front of a Wal-Mart?

3. Pissing in a troth at the Joe! It makes me nauseous. The smell, the thought of everyone standing in line to piss in this *** tandem together. Yuck! (Like that isn't worth getting a new arena for that reason alone)

4. I often wonder if our favorite players like Datsyuk or Z, or Lidstrom or whoever else on the team are really that approachable? Has anyone had the chance to approach them outside of hockey and asked for an autograph or a picture? Are they cool? (sidenote: I took my son to a NASCAR race. We were down in the pit area. My son asked for an autograph on his hat from Dale Jr. who wasn't doing anything but standing there, looked at my boy in the eye and said "no I can't do that." and walked away!)F@#k him!

So share your thoughts or questions. or even answer some questions! Any which way, this should be the most stress free thread in the forum.

lol you should of got Jeff Gordon's autograph. Dale Jr. is just a redneck in a car who only thinks about himself, ive meet him before in person at Talladega... i asked politely for a autograph and he walked right by me like i was a ant, and the only thing i could think of was "wow, what a cocky arrogant selfish man". Then I ran into Jeff Gordon and he was more than willing to sign my stuff and talk about racing and engines and what not. Alot of people hate Gordon, but he really is a great guy.

Babcock chews 3 packs of Bubbalicious bubblegum every night, one for every period.(Strawberry, Cotton Candy, and Lemonade flavor)

Sammy may look homeless but he gets to sleep in the dressing room floor after everyone leaves.

I have never pissed in a troth, so I don't know what that smells like. Gorrila piss maybe?

Guest Crymson
Sammy may look homeless but he gets to sleep in the dressing room floor after everyone leaves.

He also makes over $1m per year.

lol you should of got Jeff Gordon's autograph. Dale Jr. is just a redneck in a car who only thinks about himself, ive meet him before in person at Talladega... i asked politely for a autograph and he walked right by me like i was a ant, and the only thing i could think of was "wow, what a cocky arrogant selfish man". Then I ran into Jeff Gordon and he was more than willing to sign my stuff and talk about racing and engines and what not. Alot of people hate Gordon, but he really is a great guy.

Babcock chews 3 packs of Bubbalicious bubblegum every night, one for every period.(Strawberry, Cotton Candy, and Lemonade flavor)

I have never pissed in a troth, so I don't know what that smells like. Gorrila piss maybe?

Hahaha :lol:

Where did you figure out how much gum Mike Babcock chews? That as an interesting fact...

A lot of athletes are assholes. I'm not saying McCarty is one but one of my friends once told me a story of how when she was six she asked him for his autograph and he flat out said 'no.' Todd Jones on the tigers is apparently a jerk too, and Granderson is very approachable and stays for hours to talk to.

I've heard Lidstrom is really great to the fans... I don't know anything about Z and Datsyuk on the last hand barely speaks English so I'd be interested to know the answer to that as well. I can picture Lidstrom as joking around with you and Pav is just looking at you like "whaaaaat the F."

Okay so I've got one:

How much do the guys who are posted behind the net get paid to push a button that sets the light/siren off every time they see the puck enter the net?

And, do you have to be a senior to do that? Because all of these men look over the age of 65...

Ever notice how legace used to move his head really strangely after every save he made??

Yes. I don't remember if this was Legace though but I do know goalies sometimes flick their head forward.

Is he not just fixing his helmet?

Edited by cirov19

just curious how you found that fact out

Ever notice how legace used to move his head really strangely after every save he made??

hell yes!!!

i always thought "what the f**k is he doing?"

knowing Manny though, he's probably nodding while telling him self that it was a really good save and that he isn't going to be benched so he doesn't have to kill himself after the game

hell yes!!!

i always thought "what the f**k is he doing?"

knowing Manny though, he's probably nodding while telling him self that it was a really good save and that he isn't going to be benched so he doesn't have to kill himself after the game

YES! I thought I was the only one who noticed this. He bobs his head forward all the time!

I thought I read somewhere that Datsyuk was married and had a kid. If not, just imagine it.

Does Datsyuk remove his kids diaper by deking him out of it?

Tonight I was so ecstatic that the Wings came back from being down against Dallas. They hit the record, and the 100 point mark and all that bitchen stuff, that we expect of the Wings every year. And I think we take a lot of the success for granted, and it's basically expected of them.

I thought I would start this thread for pure fun. What are some of the weird or different things that our Wings do? That you notice on TV or at the game? Questions about the Joe?

Here are mine.

1.How many pieces of gum does Mike Babcock go through in one game? Everytime the camera pans to him, he is throwing one away, and unwrapping another.

2.I like Samuelson, but does anyone else think he looks like a homeless person asking for change in front of a Wal-Mart?

3. Pissing in a troth at the Joe! It makes me nauseous. The smell, the thought of everyone standing in line to piss in this *** tandem together. Yuck! (Like that isn't worth getting a new arena for that reason alone)

4. I often wonder if our favorite players like Datsyuk or Z, or Lidstrom or whoever else on the team are really that approachable? Has anyone had the chance to approach them outside of hockey and asked for an autograph or a picture? Are they cool? (sidenote: I took my son to a NASCAR race. We were down in the pit area. My son asked for an autograph on his hat from Dale Jr. who wasn't doing anything but standing there, looked at my boy in the eye and said "no I can't do that." and walked away!)F@#k him!

So share your thoughts or questions. or even answer some questions! Any which way, this should be the most stress free thread in the forum.

I've had the opportunity to meet pretty much the entire team save for a few of the GR griffs that have been called up. To answer your question, none of them refused me an autograph or a picture but some were far more approchable than others. These are the players that stuck out as really friendly to me, in no order really. Keep in mind I think a lot of this depends on the day and the person's mood just like us!

Datsyuk

Lidstrom

McCarty

Sammy

Hasek

Hudler

Babcock

Ken Daniels

Lebda

Franzen

Osgood

Flip

Cleary

Kronwall

past wings include...

Lang, Schneider, and Mowers (They were all really nice)

Non Wings...

Keith Tachuk he was great!

Again really everyone was great...just some of the players make you feel like you are kinda bothering them for an autograph or a picture and others are like "hey hows it going?" and actually talk to you a little bit.

Edited by Booster313

On the "approaching guys" question...I've seen so many of them randomly at the mall, at the dentist, around metro Detroit. They have all been very nice and approachable and so...human, for lack of a better word. I've seen other athletes around and I've found (in my completely unbiased opinion heh) that hockey players are the nicest guys out there.

For example, I saw Kopay at Victoria's Secret once last year. It was funny because he was in a sling after his clavicle fracture he got in Chicago and I was at that game so I struck up a conversation with him about it. He was very gracious and easy to talk to. A week later I saw him at the same Victoria's Secret and we both cracked up and he was like, I swear I'm buying something for my wife. I was like, I didn't say anything! :lol:

Oh my god. He does it uncontrolably. He looks like a chicken!

QFT! That is the first thing I thought of when this was brought up. At least now we only have to see it 8 times a year!

I don't see how we don't beat the Blues and Legace more... all you EVER had to do on him was go high, glove side. Cake.

Has anyone seen Hank outside of an arena without his cell phone to his ear? I swear that sometimes he has it out, even without a person on the other line, just so people will leave him alone.

On the "approaching guys" question...I've seen so many of them randomly at the mall, at the dentist, around metro Detroit. They have all been very nice and approachable and so...human, for lack of a better word. I've seen other athletes around and I've found (in my completely unbiased opinion heh) that hockey players are the nicest guys out there.

For example, I saw Kopay at Victoria's Secret once last year. It was funny because he was in a sling after his clavicle fracture he got in Chicago and I was at that game so I struck up a conversation with him about it. He was very gracious and easy to talk to. A week later I saw him at the same Victoria's Secret and we both cracked up and he was like, I swear I'm buying something for my wife. I was like, I didn't say anything! :lol:

Haha, sure! :thumbup:

Okay, all kinds of little tidbits here.

Yes, Pavel is married and has a daughter named Elizabeth, who is 5. She's a cutie...I've seen a picture of her.

Mickey says he winks as a message to his family that he's thinking of them, even though he isn't there with them. I think it's sweet.

And yes, we have a team of real gracious fellows. I've had the pleasure of being at training camp the last three years, and I've met almost all the guys. The only ones I haven't met yet are Dallas, Brad Stuart, Brian, Ozzie, Mikael, Henrik and Dom. The other guys are as kind and generous as can be. Especially Pasha. What a gentleman!

I always wondered what kind of gum Mike Babcock was chewing, because it sure looks like he goes through a ton of it. I don't think it's bubble gum though, because it's flat like Wrigley's gum. I always thought, to tell you the truth, that it was something like Big Red (the cinnamon gum). I wonder if he goes through the gum like that because he's an ex-smoker...I know a lot of them who do that.

I met Pav a couple years ago but he really didnt speak any English so it was hard to communicate. He did see my brothers wings hat and offered to sign it.

And for those noting Manny's tick and Roy skipping lines, well they are goalies. Tell me how many goalies you know that arent a bit quirky. I mean you gotta be a "special" type of person to sit back there and jump in front of fast moving pucks. Ive played goalkeeper for almost 15 years in soccer so I know first hand. Touch eat post before every half, tap the post if it saves me, and kick it if a shot hits it and goes in. For some its superstition others its just a habit to keep their heads in the game.

No, no, no, he's always chewing sticks of gum. Bubbalicious comes in squares! :P It's always pink-ish too, so I'm goin with this..

extra.jpg

He chews so damn much of it that he should be like the Extra spokesperson or something lol.

On every home (and some away games) FSN Detroit broadcast - Mickey Redmond winks ;) his right eye just before he's introduced by Ken Daniels...Such a classy guy!

haha i just noticed that last night for the first time

i have read in sports illustrated that the best place to meet players is at the exit to the players parking lot after the games (for all sports in general).

Has anyone ever tried this?

babs must go through like a pack of gum per period. he chews a ton!

responding to the initial post, i think its kinda fun to piss in the troughs (they have them at Spartan Stadium too). not sure why, but when ur drunk it feels good to relieve urself in a big trough where there is loads of space to go.

just curious how you found that fact out

I don't know really, was just under the influence of alcohol when i posted it so i thought that it might actually be true...it most likely isn't but if it is I feel like someone owes me some bubblegum!!!! :ranting::lol:

That does sound very dickish, but sometimes athletes have contracts where they can't take pictures/sign autographs except at official events. Not saying that's necessarily the case with Dale, Jr. But it could be.

Hahaha :lol:

Where did you figure out how much gum Mike Babcock chews? That as an interesting fact...

A lot of athletes are assholes. I'm not saying McCarty is one but one of my friends once told me a story of how when she was six she asked him for his autograph and he flat out said 'no.' Todd Jones on the tigers is apparently a jerk too, and Granderson is very approachable and stays for hours to talk to.

I've heard Lidstrom is really great to the fans... I don't know anything about Z and Datsyuk on the last hand barely speaks English so I'd be interested to know the answer to that as well. I can picture Lidstrom as joking around with you and Pav is just looking at you like "whaaaaat the F."

Todd Jones is known for being a dick/not approachable. Even at spring training where most players stay after to sign and talk, Jones doesn't. I'm pretty sure Pudge doesn't either.

All the Red Wings I've ever met were awesome. Granted I was like 11 when it happened, but at the Troy arena I got a bunch of autographs and pictures, and they were all really cool about it. I really think most famous people are like that, it's just that you know who the dicks are.