• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Odds are we'll be playing one of these 4 teams...

Rate this topic

Colorado will not be an easy matchup, mark it. This team has overcome a lot of adversity this year and Theodore is back to Hart Trophy form. I don't know what some of you are smoking because Forsberg is playing like his vintage self. Try watching one of his games. He's setting up plays and he's agitating again.

Sakic, Forsberg, Smyth, Hejduk and Statsny presents a well-balanced attack neither of those other teams can match. Calgary would be the best draw for Detroit, followed by Minnesota and Vancouver.

Overall, they can and should beat any of those four teams but Colorado presents the biggest risk of upset. What with history and the aforementioned reasons, they could get fired up just enough to take out the Wings.

It's crazy but Edmonton is even starting to look like a possibility right now, they have been real hot, are only 5 points back, and now the only teams they will be playing are Colorado, Vancouver, and Calgary.

There's no way we'd ever lose to Edmonton in the 1st round, no matter how hot they are to end the season. Also, they don't have any goaltenders that are capable of beating our elite team.

Don't pick your poison.

I'm going to say it yet again, I can bet the majority were thrilled to face Edmonton in 2005-06 because they played a "similar" style to the Wings. Well, look what happened, and they played a completely "different" style....

No series is going to be a walk in the park, I don't care who the opponent is.

Don't pick your poison.

I'm going to say it yet again, I can bet the majority were thrilled to face Edmonton in 2005-06 because they played a "similar" style to the Wings. Well, look what happened, and they played a completely "different" style....

No series is going to be a walk in the park, I don't care who the opponent is.

I totally agree, but with what you said... Last year's Calgary team was better than the 05/06 Oilers, IMO. The difference about last year is we played dump and chase instead of full possession into the offensive zone. We have learned since 05/06, that to win in the playoffs, it takes strong forecheck. If we played the style we did last year, we would have beat Edmonton in the first round.

Avs would get wings revved up for the ducks/stars.

I think wings would win in 5 at the most, But im worried about their forwards if they get 100% healthy.

They don't all have the regular season stats because most have been injured. But still.. wow..

Sakic

Forsberg

R.Smyith

Hedujk

P.Statsiny

M.Svatos

Lets also not forget about Brunett and wolski.

I personally would like to see avs or canucks. Calgary would a tough of a series, we would win it, but we would get banged up like last year.

Sakic: the only guy that it truly scary on the Avs in the playoffs. Team has played much better since their C came back

Forsberg: outside chance he's a force in the POs - but personally don't think he can last through a long series

R.Smyth: Hasn't been that impressive with the Avs - but could make some noise

Hedujk: streaky player - won't do much vs. the Wings

P.Statsny: young and playoff inexperienced - doesn't worry me at all

M.Svatos: out for the season anyways

Brunette and Wolski? not

Theodore = entirely beatable

Coach Q: Babcock owns him - so do the Wings

What do you say?

Beating any team in the playoffs is tough. I think I would least likley want to play Vancouver because of Luongo. After that Calgary, because they are just tough tough in the playoffs. MN is scary because of their speed, but we can handle them. Colorado would not have a chance against us if we are healthy, it might be sweep.