• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Holmstrom Update (tests show no tears)

Rate this topic

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/blogs/win...FTOKEN=62252451

Tomas Holmstrom will have a cortisone shot Friday to alleviate the discomfort for his abdominal strain. Holmstrom has missed the last 10 games (counting Friday's game against St. Louis) and likely won't be back until Wednesday's game in Chicago, at the earliest. "We'll see if this can decrease the pain and he can get out there and skate," coach Mike Babcock said. All of Holmstrom's tests have been positive and shown no tears.

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/blogs/win...FTOKEN=62252451

Tomas Holmstrom will have a cortisone shot Friday to alleviate the discomfort for his abdominal strain. Holmstrom has missed the last 10 games (counting Friday's game against St. Louis) and likely won't be back until Wednesday's game in Chicago, at the earliest. "We'll see if this can decrease the pain and he can get out there and skate," coach Mike Babcock said. All of Holmstrom's tests have been positive and shown no tears.

I hope this is all true. I just remember hearing the same things about Donovan Mcnabb a couple years ago,then suddenly there was a tear and he was done for the year.

From Red Wings Corner:

-- Dominik Hasek won't play tonight because of the flu. He practiced, but left the ice early. Jimmy Howard will back up Chris Osgood.

-- Tomas Holmstrom (abdominals) had tests yesterday that were negative, meaning good news on his injured midsection. He did not, however, practice with the team today. His return date is unknown.-- Dallas Drake (chest) will return to the lineup tonight.

Any news on Samuelson? I read yesterday he had a pulled groin. I'd like to see Downey, Drake, and Mccarty all play tonight against the goons.

Samuelsson out for a few games; Holmstrom to have cortisone shot

by Ansar Khan

Friday March 28, 2008, 12:01 PM

Update from Friday's morning skate: Tests on Mikael Samuelsson's groin revealed no tears, damage or other problems, coach Mike Babcock said. Considering groin injuries usually take 10 days to two weeks to recover from, Samuelsson might be out the rest of the regular season.

"I don't know how long it is. Every time I tell you guys on a groin there's no problem, it's 10 days later the guy comes back,'' Babcock said. "So if you want to say 10 days then I can back it up.''

Tomas Holmstrom will have a cortisone shot today in an effort to decrease the pain in his lower abdominal region.

"All the tests were really good, but he doesn't feel good,'' Babcock said.

Dominik Hasek was on the ice briefly but it still trying to recover from a bad case of the flu. He won't dress tonight.

"At this point, he's just not getting healthy,'' Babcock said.

"He's got to get back to his conditioning level again,'' trainer Piet Van Zant said. "It's been going around, it's knocked a couple of people on their behinds.''

Darren McCarty will play on a line with Mark Hartigan and Dallas Drake, who returns after missing two games with a bruised sternum. Drake will be honored in a ceremony before the game for playing in his 1,000th game on March 11. Valtteri Filppula (sore groin, knee) is back in the lineup and will start the game on a line centered by Johan Franzen that also includes Jiri Hudler. That leaves Pavel Datsyuk-Henrik Zetterberg-Dan Cleary and Tomas Kopecky-Kris Draper-Kirk Maltby as the other lines.

Samuelsson out for a few games; Holmstrom to have cortisone shot

by Ansar Khan

Friday March 28, 2008, 12:01 PM

Update from Friday's morning skate: Tests on Mikael Samuelsson's groin revealed no tears, damage or other problems, coach Mike Babcock said. Considering groin injuries usually take 10 days to two weeks to recover from, Samuelsson might be out the rest of the regular season.

"I don't know how long it is. Every time I tell you guys on a groin there's no problem, it's 10 days later the guy comes back,'' Babcock said. "So if you want to say 10 days then I can back it up.''

Tomas Holmstrom will have a cortisone shot today in an effort to decrease the pain in his lower abdominal region.

"All the tests were really good, but he doesn't feel good,'' Babcock said.

Dominik Hasek was on the ice briefly but it still trying to recover from a bad case of the flu. He won't dress tonight.

"At this point, he's just not getting healthy,'' Babcock said.

"He's got to get back to his conditioning level again,'' trainer Piet Van Zant said. "It's been going around, it's knocked a couple of people on their behinds.''

Darren McCarty will play on a line with Mark Hartigan and Dallas Drake, who returns after missing two games with a bruised sternum. Drake will be honored in a ceremony before the game for playing in his 1,000th game on March 11. Valtteri Filppula (sore groin, knee) is back in the lineup and will start the game on a line centered by Johan Franzen that also includes Jiri Hudler. That leaves Pavel Datsyuk-Henrik Zetterberg-Dan Cleary and Tomas Kopecky-Kris Draper-Kirk Maltby as the other lines.

I just found this article. Thanks for posting it also. I didn't realize Flip was playing tonight too. Downey's out any way you look at it.

Guest Jeremy88

hahahaha

i read the title and thought it said tears as in crying. I was like "haha, atleast his tests weren't crying"...then i was like, i'm not post that cuz it's kinda lame...wait

hahahaha

i read the title and thought it said tears as in crying. I was like "haha, atleast his tests weren't crying"...then i was like, i'm not post that cuz it's kinda lame...wait

I read tears as occular emmissions as well. Well, whether he is not torn or not crying, that's good news. I hope he's back to 100% and back in the game soon.

GWS, Homer!