• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96Homer

3/28 GDT: Blues 4, Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest Hank=FutureCaptain
:lol:

Hudler is definitly one of the least useful players in the lineup, but even that considered, him either being in the lineup or not being in the lineup will hardly make a difference.

Taking a roster spot from a more impactful player doesn't make a difference? Sometimes the games can be won or loss because of one player. And who knows, maybe it would be the guy that SHOULD be in their over Huds. We need the absolute best we can put out there in every position and on every line. Anything less will not win you a Stanley Cup. IMHO.

Taking a roster spot from a more impactful player doesn't make a difference? Sometimes the games can be won or loss because of one player. And who knows, maybe it would be the guy that SHOULD be in their over Huds. We need the absolute best we can put out there in every position and on every line. Anything less will not win you a Stanley Cup. IMHO.

Who else are you going to play instead? Who is it exactly that you want playing?

The only other guy I can think of Downey, and because Babcock refuses to give him any ice time after the 2nd period (with hardly any minutes in between), he's not going to have any impact. There is also McCarty, but unless McCarty all of a sudden becomes the 1997 McCarty, and makes Chris Pronger look like the next Janne Niinimaa on a breakaway, he'll have even less of an impact. He's extremely out of shape, and needs at least a full season to get back into the swing of things. Those are really the only two options, unless you bring somebody up from GR. Who that would be is hard to say, since they sucked this year, and really don't have anybody that could be brought up, and make a meaningful impact for the Wings in the playoffs.

I agree about your opinion of Hudler; I hate him personally, and think he's one of the most useless players on the Wings roster. But, there is really nobody else better than him that you can play, so therefore, it's really not worth talking about if the Wings playoff hopes if Hudler get's played, or benched.

I'd rather see the Wings play Downey, because the Wings need all the toughness they can get. But, based off of what he's gotten this season, it's doubtful Babcock chooses him over Hudler.

Edited by Kp-Wings