• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

heed316

Free Center Ice?

Rate this topic

Seems on the Comcast system I'm on they have all the Center Ice channels unencrypted. I think this has to do with the MLB Extra Innings free preview for like a week or so, but I'm getting all the hockey games too. Might want to check out your system to see if you get it too. The preview runs till April 6th, so it's probably only going to be available for a few days.

Edited by heed316

Guest LivingtheDream

Hey, as a paying (through the nose) Comcast Center Ice subscriber I have to say... go nuts and take all the hockey you can from these theiving bastards!!!!

I'm serious, I paid more for Comcast last year than I did for natural gas!!! Of course now with playoffs coming my money for Center Ice is useless and I have to scramble from VS to NBC to maybe the NHL channel to see all the games. I swear if I miss one, Comcast will suffer - well, I really can't fo anything - that's what monopolies do.

I have been a cable subscriber forever. Last year I switched over to Directv and purchased Center Ice. Best thing I ever did. I have caught almost every game available. Versus/versusHD, NHL network/NHL networkHD, and all the FSN's in the country. It's so cool to catch Ken and Mickey every game. Its cool cause I live out west, and can catch all the local Redwings pregame and stuff. I definetly recommend if anyone is thinking about a switch!

Edited by miller76

I'm serious, I paid more for Comcast last year than I did for natural gas!!! Of course now with playoffs coming my money for Center Ice is useless and I have to scramble from VS to NBC to maybe the NHL channel to see all the games. I swear if I miss one, Comcast will suffer - well, I really can't fo anything - that's what monopolies do.

i thought CI was one rate regardless of the subscriber? or maybe you're talking about all the extra charges comcast makes you pay?

After reading this post it looks like I have the "free center ice". I just flipped to the Sharks / Kings game and it is intermission and seems to be on. Guess I will be recording the last 3 Wings games....

I am in Lancaster County PA on Blue Ridge.

Seems on the Comcast system I'm on they have all the Center Ice channels unencrypted. I think this has to do with the MLB Extra Innings free preview for like a week or so, but I'm getting all the hockey games too. Might want to check out your system to see if you get it too. The preview runs till April 6th, so it's probably only going to be available for a few days.

Exactly....Extra Innings and Center Ice are basically the same package on the same channels that the cable company switches on and off. There's no way to separate the two, so when they "turn on" the free Extra Innings preview, you get Center Ice too.

After reading this post it looks like I have the "free center ice". I just flipped to the Sharks / Kings game and it is intermission and seems to be on. Guess I will be recording the last 3 Wings games....

I am in Lancaster County PA on Blue Ridge.

haha no wayyy! im from lancaster county PA too. small world. are u in ephrata?

haha no wayyy! im from lancaster county PA too. small world. are u in ephrata?

Yes Sir (or ma'am). Right on 322......

Already have the DVR set to go for tonight's and tomorrow night games.

Can't wait for the playoffs and trash talk at work.....

Guest crazy8legs

actually, it works for me too and i have DirecTV, watching the tigers game right now, wings later !!

ps..this will probably warrant some death threats....go redsox!!

Edited by crazy8legs

Exactly....Extra Innings and Center Ice are basically the same package on the same channels that the cable company switches on and off. There's no way to separate the two, so when they "turn on" the free Extra Innings preview, you get Center Ice too.

I've found that after the free preview of Extra Innings is over, you continue to get the baseball through the first round of the hockey playoffs if you have already subscribed to Center Ice.

Living down south, I have to have Comcast for Internet, and Comcast doesn't offer CI, you have to get that from DishNetwork. And Football is through DirecTV.

My cable, just with Internet and HD is around 175/month

Dish Network with CI will run you around the same permonth

and so will DirecTV. with Sunday Ticket (175/MONTH)

So you can imagine how much per month you would have to spend on Entertainment luxuries. Ridiculous.

As a former ComCRAPstic customer and current DirecTV viewer, I must point out - Comcrap's not a monopoly if you have another choice- and you do.

I was forced to go to satellite after moving to an area with a private, family-owned cable company (Millington Cable) that only rolled out digital cable last year. "Do you have the NHL Center Ice package?" No.

I do not regret the switch to outerspace. So much HD content - wow!

Even CI benefits from going to satellite - for every game there are usually 4 feeds; away SD, away HD, home SD and home HD. Comcast only had 1 HD CI channel in my area and I never could get it to work since it was an NHL/MLB shared channel and always showed as NOT PURCHASED despite numerous phone calls.

And they also offer the NHL Network in SD and HD.

I swear if I miss one, Comcast will suffer - well, I really can't fo anything - that's what monopolies do.
Edited by FireCaptain

What part of Mississippi?

Comcast Midsouth (Memphis and north Mississippi) does offer CI.

Just curious where they are that they wouldn't offer it.

Living down south, I have to have Comcast for Internet, and Comcast doesn't offer CI, you have to get that from DishNetwork. And Football is through DirecTV.

My cable, just with Internet and HD is around 175/month

Dish Network with CI will run you around the same permonth

and so will DirecTV. with Sunday Ticket (175/MONTH)

So you can imagine how much per month you would have to spend on Entertainment luxuries. Ridiculous.