• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kcjacoby

Can we get some more chants goin?

Rate this topic

Why is it that our fans, the ones raised and dedicated to hockeytown... have such a hard time coming up and making some noise at the Joe?

I went to Nashville a few weeks ago, and it left me in awe... it reminded me of going to a CCHA game, but still... it made me say one thing. Our fans are unmotivated.

Chants... is this best we can do "Lets Go Red Wings"? Honestly.. that is the ONLY freaking thing I've ever heard there in the past 5 years. Remember back in the late 90's.... we at least had the "Go Red..... Go White" chant going?

Yes, the arena gets motivated when the powerplay music happens... but other than that... sometimes you can hear a pin drop at the Joe. I'd love to see a section dedicated at the JLA for the true "Wing Nuts" who are rowdy, loud, obnoxious... anything.

You go to a U of M hockey game... a MSU Hockey game... and you see what fans can do for the game... but here at the Joe where we've had the #1 team for the past umpteen years... and we can't put anything together? I had some fun at the last game and screamed out, "Somebody hit somebody" (Ferris State Chant) and was lucky enough to have some people that had a clue about what I was doing a few rows over...

Someone going to tomorrow nights game want to start some real chants?

like GO WINGS GO?

thats gets tiresome after awile... Elllllllllissss Elllllllllisssss Ellllllllliisssssss YOU SUCK!

Don't worry i will have my trust BREAK HIS HEAD in full use... as always!

I always like to yell PASS THE PUCK! when we are on the PP just passing the effing thing around not taking shots... its seems to confuse them into actually shooting.

Edited by OsGOD

I'd love to see a section dedicated at the JLA for the true "Wing Nuts" who are rowdy, loud, obnoxious... anything.

Lmao... they are all the ones sitting at home bitching about how others aren't spending their money to go to the games...

Its hard to clap when your right arm is lopped off at the door... its more like a dull thud.

There is a simple answer for this, and I might get scolded - but the reason is that the prices are too high for younger people, like myself, to afford to go to the games very often. The youth brings the enthusiasm which brings the chanting. Not to say that older folks won't get up and yell/scream/chant but most of the time, they don't. Only your die hards will and usually theres not enough of them. If the Wings want the Joe to be alive, lower prices. Then you'll see it rock.

P.S. no offense to the older folks - I don't mean that none of you are loud, it's just that it's more likely that the younger crowd will get into the game and be louder for the better part of the game.

Well, if I'm being honest, I don't want The Joe to turn into Nashville or San Jose or wherever else. When you watch a game in Detroit, there's an appreciation for it. There isn't a need to entertain everybody with inane and obnoxious chants, and I like it that way. Could the place be a little bit louder and more enthusiastic? Sure. But give me a respectful, knowledgable crowd over a rambunctious, immature crowd any day.

Just my two cents.

Im going to suggest a few football (soccer) chants but altered for the wings...

"Oh when the wings (oh when the wings)

go marching in (go marching in)

oh when the wings go marching in

I wanna be in that number

oh when the wings go marching in"

"Theres only one Mike Babcock

Only one Mike Babcock

We're walking along, singing a song

Walking in a Babcock wonderland"

"Come on Red Wings! Come on Red Wings!" *note: not to the same tune as lets go red wings* < thats a chant which has alot of energy

"Pavel Datsyuk is a wing, is a wing, is a wing

Pavel Datsyuk is a wing, he hates colerado"

"Detroit Red Wings Red White Army"

Not exactly hard songs, but a bit of atmosphere really helps players perform. It also makes the going experience better. Whenever I watch games at the Joe I always wonder why noone sings...maybe Im just too much of a football (soccer) fan.

like GO WINGS GO?

thats gets tiresome after awile... Elllllllllissss Elllllllllisssss Ellllllllliisssssss YOU SUCK!

Don't worry i will have my trust BREAK HIS HEAD in full use... as always!

I always like to yell PASS THE PUCK! when we are on the PP just passing the effing thing around not taking shots... its seems to confuse them into actually shooting.

The Joe should try something like this clip for our PPs.

hopefully we will have no occasion to have to whip out the "bulls***" chant.

other than that, i don't think it's what we say/don't say as much as how loud/often we say it. we need to be louder and more enthusiastic!

My favorite chants heard in Joe Louis Arena ..

"Na na na na, Na na na na, Hey hey hey, Goodbye!"

&

"We are the Champions!"

If I hear the former 3 times, and the latter once, in JLA this spring .. I won't care how quiet it is the rest of the time.

(though I am still partial to the "Kill Pronger, Kill Pronger!" chant the Ducks fans use .. I just can't figure out why they start and end on the wrong words ..)

:ph34r:

hopefully we will have no occasion to have to whip out the "bulls***" chant.

other than that, i don't think it's what we say/don't say as much as how loud/often we say it. we need to be louder and more enthusiastic!

Im sure we will be <_<

I'd love to see a section dedicated at the JLA for the true "Wing Nuts" who are rowdy, loud, obnoxious... anything.

I wish I could be there! One game I went to I obviously embarrassed my husband by my screaming. There were a lot of suits around us. I very emphatically told him *and anyone else that would listen* that if he and the others didn't like it they shouldn't have come!

THIS IS HOCKEY! NOT FIGURE SKATING!

Dont worry me and my cuz, Reem, are going to be going to the first two games and we will be starting some chants. And the guy next to me will prob move again just like the last time i went to the first game last year

I think that the PA at the Joe messes up most of the good chanting. I've been to almost all the playoff games at the Joe for at least the last sixteen years. Nothing screws up an awesome chant more that the PA system at the Joe. The guy behind the PA has absolutely no sense of timing when it comes to this. Just because his job is to make noise does't mean he has to do it from the time you walk in the door until you leave. The PA is so predictable I can't stand it. Can you imagine what you could do if given the chance at running the PA at the Joe? That guy would be out of a job the next day.

I remember one time the crowd was shouting at the Wings "Shoot the puck!" so loud during a powerplay I thougt the roof was going to cave in. Next thing I know, Brett Hull scores a goal.

GO WINGS!!!

Dont worry me and my cuz, Reem, are going to be going to the first two games and we will be starting some chants. And the guy next to me will prob move again just like the last time i went to the first game last year

HAHA hell yess!!

I think we should do the chant of GO WINGS! With one side of the arena yelling out Go while the other yell out Wings.

Wait is she holding out on me??? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMM! you said game 2... where are you sitting tomorrow???