• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF GAME 1 GDT: Red Wings 3, Predators 1

Rate this topic

Guest LivingtheDream

Ahhhggg - had to work late. See it is 1-0, but how do we look?

so a contract with golf, a typical game, is more meaningful in canada than an nhl playoff contract with the presidents trophy winning team? disgusting both by tsn and bettman for making our game sink to such levels.... although its funny american channels get it more right that we do.

Ah, kinda like that whole problem we had with the horse race on NBC last year. Understandable then.

All people who are pissed with TSN, please email your complaints during the intermission to

audiencerelations@tsn.ca <audiencerelations@tsn.ca>

i dont want them to hear the end of this. Golf over playoff hockey in CANADA? They must have their heads up their asses

Like MacK said, they're contractually bound. Money talks, even in hockey-crazy Canada.

Tootoo takes a run at Dom...and we get the penalty. Uh...

so a contract with golf, a typical game, is more meaningful in canada than an nhl playoff contract with the presidents trophy winning team? disgusting both by tsn and bettman for making our game sink to such levels.... although its funny american channels get it more right that we do.

Like NBC threatening to cut into playoff OT for a horse race PRE-SHOW?

In order to get the rights to The Masters (a contract I believe they landed some years ago, in a time when TSN didn't have playoff hockey), there's a clause they must agree to that states that The Masters, to it's conclusion, takes priority over all other scheduled programming.

In TSN's defence, The Masters was scheduled to end before 7pm, but the start was delayed due to fog this morning.

Guest Hank=FutureCaptain
good period, kinda boring htough. lacks the intensity of the calgary series last year

It's just the first period of the first game. I can almost guarantee the intensity will skyrocket at any moment.

Especially with these little pansies.

Ahhhggg - had to work late. See it is 1-0, but how do we look?

Its actually been pretty even. Good to see you around.

We've had a few really good chances, and Dom has made a few solid saves. Oh yeah, and every Canadian almost smashed their TV because TSN is tide up with the Masters. Haha. So I have it online.

im not too worried about Detroit in their own zone. they've killed off their penalties, and they seem to be picking off almost every single pass up the middle from Nashville.

very nice 1st period from the Wings.

Guest wingsin08
It's just the first period of the first game. I can almost guarantee the intensity will skyrocket at any moment.

stellar defense for the 1st period

1-0 after 1!

Nashville's not generating anything, but Wings looked like it was the first period of the playoffs or something. But hopefully they'll kill the rest of the PP and loosen up in the second. And bury the puck in the back of the net rather than stuffing it into Ellis' pads!

My tolerance for these referees is rapidly degrading. Draper is assaulted, the Predator left his feet to deliver a hit, and we get a penalty. Datsyuk is tripped and play continues?

Leave that s*** in the minors.

We're in a lot of trouble if Detroit doesn't get its s*** straightened out in it's own zone right now

I agree. The Preds forechecking is really getting to them and they're making really sloppy plays. Nashville actually outshot us this period. How often does that happen?

Guest wingsin08

waitin for DMAC to drop the gloves!!!