• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

YoungGuns1340

Trade and Free Agent Game

Rate this topic

If it isnt a problem i will drop boyd from my players and add the other kostitsyn brother, i just dont think anyone will want boyd.

The two season system works for me, more fun for the agents i think. and the points system is fine.

Edited by Dano33

If you guys want to do 2 seasons, then Ill set up a stat-based way of determing standings, etc. Also, as there are still some kinks worked out in the game, then Ill set tentative dates for the 2 seasons way of playing the game.

Free Agency Begins: Early May

Season Begins: Early October

Season Ends: Mid December

Free Agency Starts: Mid December

New Season Begins: Mid January (a month for free agency)

Season Ends: Early April

Does this sound good? Ill wait to make the decisions until tomorrow when more people have had their input. Again, suggestions for dates, etc are welcomed.

Also, do people have suggestions for the point system for stats? I know a lot of fantasy hockey games designate points such as 3 points for a goal, 2 points for an assist, 1 point for a +, 2 points for a shutout, etc. What are peoples thoughts here?

how would we do standings then?

there should be some kind of simulator that we can match up our teams and play, if thats even possible or feasable

The standings would be updated weekly, due to the fact that new player additions would mean that not all players on the same team would be playing on the same day. For example, if Datsyuk were traded to Tampa Bay in our game, Datsyuks performance numbers wouldn´t necessarily be determined with the other members of Tampa Bay, as Detroit and Tampa might not be playing on the same day in the real NHL. The points earned in our standings would be determined by a combined total of points based on actual player performances in the NHL.

But then again, this is open to change as well. Anyone with other ideas, please feel free to speak up now.

I resign as the Asst GM of the Isle's and would like to aquire a position as an Agent. (Due to Conflicts of Intrest with GM Booster)

One question is it my opinion on who is superstart status? The reason I ask is that my man Mac is Back has Lids, Miller, Crosby and Malkin. Which all I would consider superstars??? Just curious. I suppose I will make a crack at some players.

Superstar: 1. Dion Phaneuf

2. Evgeni Nabakov

3. Brian Campbell

Mid-Level : 1. Johan Franzen

2. Corey Perry

3. Niklas Backstrom

4. Ryan Clowe

5. Pascal Leclaire

Jrny/Entry: 1. Patrick Kane

2. Dan Carcillo

3. Sergie Fedorov

4. Chris Chelios

5. Joe Sakic

Edited by IceMunkee

I resign as the Asst GM of the Isle's and would like to aquire a position as an Agent. (Due to Conflicts of Intrest with GM Booster)

One question is it my opinion on who is superstart status? The reason I ask is that my man Mac is Back has Lids, Miller, Crosby and Malkin. Which all I would consider superstars??? Just curious. I suppose I will make a crack at some players.

Superstar: 1. Dion Phaneuf

2. Evgeni Nabakov

3. Brian Campbell

Mid-Level : 1. Johan Franzen

2. Corey Perry

3. Niklas Backstrom

4. Ryan Clowe

5. Pascal Leclaire

Jrny/Entry: 1. Patrick Kane

2. Dan Carcillo

3. Sergie Fedorov

4. Chris Chelios

5. Joe Sakic

Its kind of open season right now given that there are so few people who are wanting to be Agents. Also, Fedorov, and Campbell have been taken, as has Niklas Backstrom the forward, but the goaltender remains. But you are right, Mac is Back also has Campbell, so given that he has 5 guys who would likely be termed superstar, you can have Campbell.

Mac Is Back, you can choose another player to represent if you want, but I want to make sure the fun players to represent get spread out evenly amongst the Agents.

Thinking about taking Jersey... but still having trouble wrapping on how this works

Certain parts of the game are still being decided on. I suggest you check out the Eastside Hockey Manager website, as its become a game thats a combination of fantasy hockey and Eastside Hockey Manager. After we get a NJ GM and a few more agents, ill post another thread that will clarify the rules of the game better.

thats fine, i'll take stuart in place

Ok. I agree though. Deciding who is a superstar and who isnt is tough to determine. Thats why I havent been too hard on it so far. Most people seem to be in agreeance. Simply because you had a lot of high-profile guys to represent, and IceMunkee wanted one of em, thats why I gave it to him. But all your other guys are safe.

what if you inputted our created rosters into an NHL08 game and simulated to see points and matchups? no good?

I think something like this would be a good idea. Maybe input them into EHM if that's possible... I don't really know. Although the only problem with this is that it would reflect the players stats in those specific games and not their actual on-ice performance.

I vote for the two season thing so we have something to do over the summer. I also think we should just use the real stats for players, not any simulators. Oh, and since we're getting close... The Chicago Blackhawks would like all interested GMs to know they will likely not be resigning the following free agents: Jason Williams, Kevyn Adams, Patrick Lalime and Andrei Zyuzin. In other words, they're all yours, peeps. We would also like to open negotiations with the agents of the following RFA/UFAS: Dustin Byfuglien, Yannic Perreault and Adam Burrish, so if you represent any of these guys, shoot the Hawks a PM.

I will repeat support for the two-seaso system. Maybe over the summer we use EHM/NHL 08 and then use the actual 08-09 stats for the second season.

And if that's the case, do we start actually playing games after the Finals, and the offseason is now til then?

Also, if anyone still wants to play, I'm looking for an assistant GM for Nashville. Just PM me if you're interested.

Edited by RedFX